• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Fight Island III: Benavidez v Figuereido II

Going small on Hermansson.
Gastelum doesn't win many rounds and doesn't have the power of Santos or Cannonier

Edit:
Might end up going bigger on Hermannson after watching Jacare against both of them.

Jacare bullied Gastelum R1, Hermannson bullied Jacare R1 and R2.....

Last edited:
This Roman Dolidze should win against Ibragimov? Any opinions???

This Roman Dolidze should win against Ibragimov? Any opinions???
I'm staying away from this one. Ibragimov definitely looked like absolute garbage in his two UFC fights, but his opponents are definitely way way better than we know Roman is. Roman is a leglock guy which I like, but his competition looks to be really low.

Nothing here that really grabs my attention. Some nice KOs but if you actually watch this fight:

you'll see a lot of failed takedowns and missed strikes before the KO came.

This is a UFC calibre KO but NOT a UFC calibre performance.

Ibragimov is a sambo guy with some skills wgi gas faced much better competition. He definitely has some paths to victory so why lay juice on an unproven fighter?

Last edited:
I'm staying away from this one. Ibragimov definitely looked like absolute garbage in his two UFC fights, but his opponents are definitely way way better than we know Roman is. Roman is a leglock guy which I like, but his competition looks to be really low.

Nothing here that really grabs my attention. Some nice KOs but if you actually watch this fight:

you'll see a lot of failed takedowns and missed strikes before the KO came.

This is a UFC calibre KO but NOT a UFC calibre performance.

Ibragimov is a sambo guy with some skills wgi gas faced much better competition. He definitely has some paths to victory so why lay juice on an unproven fighter?

Yeah you are right, he didnt fight for a time too

Gastelum doesn't win many rounds and doesn't have the power of Santos or Cannonier

Edit:
Might end up going bigger on Hermannson after watching Jacare against both of them.

Jacare got old overnight. I'm not saying don't bet Hermannson, but I wouldn't do it based on each of their fights vs Jacare. His explosiveness seemed to disappear somewhere between those 2 fights...they fought different versions of Jacare even though the time lapse wasn't that much.

Interesting to see how the odds of Bena - Figu first fight completely switched for their second bout.
I remember Benavidez winning that first round before he got seriously compromised from the headbutt.

I also agree with the observations that have been made about the odds of the Gastelum - Hermansson fight. I expect Hermansson to close as a favorite, so I'll probably lock my bet soon. I think Hermansson is gonna make it an ugly fight and grapple and clinch a lot. Gastelum is not that good on his back and is pretty harmless if you take away his boxing like in the Till fight.

I agree Benavidez won round 1 on the cards, but man, it didn't look like the fight was going to go well for him. He was basically extremely wild and spazzy in the first round that made him have the most offense. His striking defense looked very poor (as it often does) and his takedowns weren't landing. In a 5 round fight, I think it was very likely he was going to get caught. If he fights the same way, I'd be very surprised to see him win unless he lands a bomb that Fig doesn't see coming. I think he'd have to make pretty big adjustments.

Edit:

Always thought hermansson was a bad matchup for gastelum (and i like kelvin btw). He has the grappling and size to replicate weidman, magny's strategy. Dec or sub.

Is kelvin's only ptv a ko/tko?

I'm hoping the odds keep going in figs way might sprinkle a little on Joe if goes up to around plus +220 area.

Favorite lean so far is Hermansson but haven't watched much film on this card yet.

I'm liking Hermansson by dec or sub and I'm a huge Gastelum fan. He struggles with grapplers and I see Jack having success with it and probably can get a sub.

I don't think Kelvin can win a decision here. He needs to win ITD.

Is Joel Alvarez any good? Huge underdog to Duffy who has looked like shit in his past two fights and is very inactive on top of all things.

Like Askarov, Ramos and johns.

May be on more dogs. Also stabbed Alvarez at +290. I’d be surprised if Duffy looks like a near -400

Back