UFC Executive Defends MMA

Nobody wants admit they're wrong when you've been wrong for a while.

The 10 point must system is absolutely retarded. Defend it all you want, its shit. Bottom line too it.

No reason they cant add half points

I can think of plenty off the top of my head, and it's been done to death why half points don't fix anything.

Did any of the UFC haters in here even read or hear the interview???

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with the system.

People against it typically want fights to be scored as a whole (ala Pride rules), missing the point of separate rounds. It is best two out of three fights, like a tennis match. or a game of Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. Scoring the bout as a whole takes away competitive component to the matches. and is less exciting and fun to watch

Last edited:
his response wasnt as bad as i thought it would be - hes right i thought, he didnt really defend the system, he just said that most fights go the right direction, although mma is hard to judge - i dont really know how to do things better except to have many more 10-10 rounds and be okay with draws more

What's the point of including numbers 0-6 if a fighter can only be awarded 7-10 points? Why not just score rounds 0-3? And if you think the scoring needs more granularity, make the max score higher than 3 and actually use the smaller numbers, not some senseless half-points.

I think judging criteria should be changed before scoring. Takedowns should carry less weight than they currently do, particulary if the fighter does nothing with it. Also the ability to stuff multiple takedowns should count for more imo.

You can't really change it now.

If you do, it makes every decision in the history of the sport null and void and this sport has seemingly already had it's peak and has now settled comfortably into it's niche.

I think it's just more smoke and mirrors by the UFC. They defend it saying it's broken and sucks but they have to keep it so guys better go out and not put it in the hands of the judges and knocks fools out so they can make money.

Pretty see-through.

The 10 point must system is absolutely retarded. Defend it all you want, its shit. Bottom line too it.

Personally think the rule set is fine but how the implementation is faulty.

There simply should be more 10-10, 10-8 and 10-7 rounds.

I think the fact that something close to 95% of all rounds are scored exactly the same (ie 10-9) shows that the current interpretation lacks the subtelty to finely assess what actually happened. The ability is in the syetm it just isn't used.

What's the point of including numbers 0-6 if a fighter can only be awarded 7-10 points? Why not just score rounds 0-3?

I've always wondered that myself. I really think winning a round by more than one point should be FAR more common, and winning by 3 or 4 points should happen at least occasionally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back