UFC embedded and why it's a big step up

Panther Strike

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm sure you've all been keeping up to date with UFC Embedded over the last 4 days, here's the latest episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2-PJi59_ro

What is your opinion on it?

I think it's great work by the UFC. I compare these to Dana's vlogs, however, those always felt kinda stale to me and didn't make much sense, as they were predominantly released AFTER a card. Yeah, sure, it was nice to see the build up to the card and the reactions of Dana and fighters in the crowd seeing the fights go down, but to me, it makes may more sense to have a series of vLogs leading UP to fight week, both in terms of promoting the event for the UFC and to get the fans hyped up.

Seeing Hendo bring a big bag of Chicken into DC's changing room was hilarious, and great to see Cain in the latest episode too.

I really don't know why these haven't been done sooner. They seem more genuine than the countdown shows and slowly fuel the fan excitement leading up to the weekend.

In the words of Mo Lawal, I'm 'riding the d*ck' of UFC embedded, and it feels good.

Embedded > Dana Vlog but if it didn't give as much time to Dana (maybe a min at the most) it could be better.

Way too Dana-centric. I mean, it's a bag you put your toothbrush and deodorant in and he's acting like it's a travesty.

Also, I think it only works with fighters who have a more friendly demeanor or an easier cut. I can't imagine a lot of these guys would be down to have to do a final weight cut, media appearances AND have a camera crew follow them around all day, for an entire final week.

Other than that, I always love when the curtain is pulled back and we get to see behind the scenes.

Way too Dana-centric. I mean, it's a bag you but your toothbrush and deodorant in and he's acting like it's a travesty.

Also, I think it only works with fighters who have a more friendly demeanor or an easier cut. I can't imagine a lot of these guys would be down to have to do a final weight cut, media appearances AND have a camera crew follow them around all day, for an entire final week.

Other than that, I always love when the curtain is pulled back and we get to see behind the scenes.

Dana doesn't feature in the latest episode. I agree though, even if he was hamming it up a bit, that toiletries nonsense was pointless.

Dana doesn't feature in the latest episode. I agree though, even if he was hamming it up a bit, that toiletries nonsense was pointless.

Agreed. Probably my sole criticism of the series so far ; that didn't do anything for Dana, it just seemed to work to his detriment if anything. I think whoever put the video together assumed it was a funny moment and could sense Dana was heavily trolling? idk.

That aside, some other good points made. DC and Hendo are pretty easy-going guys, would the embedded series work with more difficult fighters? or on predominantly non-english cards (such as those in Brasil).

Maybe the embedded series should be selected for particular events and not constant thing; God knows I'd love to see the series focus around Jones-Gustafsson 2 or a future Weidman-Belfort bout. :icon_chee

episode 1 is all about dana white seriously

no wonder the ufc cant sell PPV's when he's the main star

It's crazy that Dana is the number 1 star of the UFC......and it explains a lot.

I enjoy them, but like everything else the UFC does, they will stop making them. They'll show up randomly here and there like the vlogs, but it's never consistent.

Wanted to make a thread about this.

Personally I like it. I could watch that for hours.

It's pretty fun, but the only thing that pissed me off was Dana White wasting like 50 gallons of water for nothing. No wonder there's a water crisis in Vegas.

Whatever they want to call the behind the scenes stuff I'm in. I watch it all.

I really like them. Admittedly, I'd like for a bit less of Dana's shit, but I'll put up with it.

I love it. Its what the video blogs used to be like before they just showed the behind the scenes from past events.

I'm really looking forward to some good insight on DC's cut. Hendo at like 196 is awesome. He is so relaxed fight week.

the ufc embedded videos are ok. there's too much coverage of uncle dana for my preference. i'm not interested in seeing uncle dana getting pissy over a missing toiletry bag or his degenerate gambling habits.

i'd rather see more coverage on the fighters, their family lives, training for the fight, etc. rather than uncle dana yapping on his phone in his private jet, his bentley, etc. uncle dana during the pre and post fight scrums is more than enough coverage of him that i care to watch.

eh, the scrums, vlogs, this? not interested in the dana white show anymore

I'm really looking forward to some good insight on DC's cut. Hendo at like 196 is awesome. He is so relaxed fight week.

Yeah man, he even said that HE might eat some chicken to put some on. I also felt as though he was trying to justify hiself to his girlfriend on why his weight was so low lol 'Yeah but I've just been training!!'

An insight into DC's cut would definitely be cool, looking forward to watching Ep.5 right now.

Back