UFC Costa vs Vettori PBP discussion

In the post fight interview first Costa said his bicep was injured and couldn't train and that's why he was heavy then a couple minutes later he said he "doesn't enjoy the life...just salad all day" and then "don't eat everything you want". So was he injured or just lazy with the diet? I'm guessing 20% was due to injury (if he even had one, his punching looked fine) and 80% lazy diet. The harsh reality is what you eat means a lot more than exercise and training when it comes to weight. Time for him to move up in weight if he "doesn't enjoy the life" of watching his diet.

In the post fight interview first Costa said his bicep was injured and couldn't train and that's why he was heavy then a couple minutes later he said he "doesn't enjoy the life...just salad all day" and then "don't eat everything you want". So was he injured or just lazy with the diet? I'm guessing 20% was due to injury (if he even had one, his punching looked fine) and 80% lazy diet. The harsh reality is what you eat means a lot more than exercise and training when it comes to weight. Time for him to move up in weight if he "doesn't enjoy the life" of watching his diet.

Marvin was going in on him after a reporter told him about the bicep tear.

He said he could've made an excuse about not being able to throw his right hand properly, but a bicep tear doesn't mess with your ability to make weight whatsoever.

Next card Chimaev is at -450 and Makhacehv at -700? WTF? If anyone bets those, you deserve the loss.

Wouldn't touch either but wouldn't touch the other side either. Islam and Chimaev both roll easily.
I actually took Makachev in a parlay at -450.Gonna throw a little on Li.Makachev is on an 8 fight win streak,considered by many to be the future champ,not top but some solid victories(Tsarukyan,Dober,Moises),facing a guy that's stilistically an ok match up for him and who has fought a month ago cutting weight in the plane prior to which he had trouble training at home due to covid restrictions.Punchers chance is what I see for Hooker.On the other side as good as Khamzat has looked by eye test,he has beaten only complete cans and Meerschaart,hasn't fought over a year and had serious health issues due to covid.He's facing a guy that fits him stilistically,but who is tough and can crack.If an upset happens I think it's in the Li-Chimaev.

I actually took Makachev in a parlay at -450.Gonna throw a little on Li.Makachev is on an 8 fight win streak,considered by many to be the future champ,not top but some solid victories(Tsarukyan,Dober,Moises),facing a guy that's stilistically an ok match up for him and who has fought a month ago cutting weight in the plane prior to which he had trouble training at home due to covid restrictions.Punchers chance is what I see for Hooker.On the other side as good as Khamzat has looked by eye test,he has beaten only complete cans and Meerschaart,hasn't fought over a year and had serious health issues due to covid.He's facing a guy that fits him stilistically,but who is tough and can crack.If an upset happens I think it's in the Li-Chimaev.

Fair, I just think of the two that Islam is more likely to stand for long enough stretches to give his opponent a chance at finding a KO. Because he's done it before. Chimaev blasted Meerschart within seconds but otherwise has gone straight to his grappling, even against cans. Li isn't a can and provides a threat standing, so it's just hard to envision Chimaev doing anything other than taking him down immediately.

Fair, I just think of the two that Islam is more likely to stand for long enough stretches to give his opponent a chance at finding a KO. Because he's done it before. Chimaev blasted Meerschart within seconds but otherwise has gone straight to his grappling, even against cans. Li isn't a can and provides a threat standing, so it's just hard to envision Chimaev doing anything other than taking him down immediately.

I learned my lesson from Caceras again who I was originally on but switched to Choi to include more dogs in my line up.

Hooker ITD (Imagine he submits Islam)
And Hooker TKO RD's 2, 3

And LI ML/ITD will be my plays for those. Small bets for all.

I learned my lesson from Caceras again who I was originally on but switched to Choi to include more dogs in my line up.

Hooker ITD (Imagine he submits Islam)
And Hooker TKO RD's 2, 3

And LI ML/ITD will be my plays for those. Small bets for all.

Wait...are you saying you think Dan Hooker is gonna submit Islam Makhachev? Or am I reading that wrong?

100% true about diet. Pro fighters at the UFC level are already getting about as much physical activity as a human body can tolerate. You can't "train harder" than they do to lose weight and keep it off. For me, I never had a huge issue the few times I had to diet down and then cut weight because it was scrub regional level and I just kept telling myself it was temporary. I kinda feel like any half dedicated fighter can do it for a period of time leading up to a fight. The ones I don't understand are the guys who are "always ready" and can make weight on short notice, etc. Those guys are a different breed to me. I cannot imagine having a super restrictive diet and only eating plain chicken breast and veggies (basically all I ate when I had to drop weight for a fight--some fish too) ALL THE TIME.

Wait...are you saying you think Dan Hooker is gonna submit Islam Makhachev? Or am I reading that wrong?
Return of the hangman, perhaps he shocks the community to the core with a standing guillotine and cut oxygen supply off islam's dome. His confidence is sky high these days after beating nasrat, he requested the other day to Islam for this to turn into a 5 round fight to which islam dodged and said "it would be worse for you".

Haha no I am saying since the bet is already a long shot anyway I am going to play Dan ITD rather than Dan by KO/TKO/DQ just in case....

Return of the hangman, perhaps he shocks the community to the core with a standing guillotine and cut oxygen supply off islam's dome. His confidence is sky high these days after beating nasrat, he requested the other day to Islam for this to turn into a 5 round fight to which islam dodged and said "it would be worse for you".

Hooker is gonna get ragdolled, but it would be amazing to see him pull that off.

Hooker gasses pretty badly, awaiting Islam rd3 and ITD lines.

Marvin was going in on him after a reporter told him about the bicep tear.

He said he could've made an excuse about not being able to throw his right hand properly, but a bicep tear doesn't mess with your ability to make weight whatsoever.

Vettori knew Costa had a bicep tear and he didn't grapple him to death because he knew the punches would never come? Am I the stupid one?

Vettori knew Costa had a bicep tear and he didn't grapple him to death because he knew the punches would never come? Am I the stupid one?

Apparently the injury was undisclosed until the post fight presser.

Back