UFC Championship belt is real gold? How about the Pride belts?

Ol'Ironhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the legitmacy of the UFC belts, and other belts like the Pride belts? When it comes to the actual Gold, diamonds and gems etc. I know the UFC belts are quite heavy, around 10lbs I believe but I've never known too much about the actual worth of these belts, Pride ones included.

My favorite has always been the Pride open weight grand prix belt from 2006. Do these belts hold any legitimate value in gold, or are they just gold plated?

UFC belts are made of cardboard and some recycled brass...

f36b561c113b45303188961f5a768ce4.jpg

They are all gold plated, they aren't near as expensive as people seem to think. A lot of championship belts are under 3 grand

1070.jpg

20091022072237_IMG_4247.JPG

35733.jpg

The gems on the grand prix belt surely must be legitimate?

Lol..

Dude, in the Olympics the "Gold" medals, aren't even gold. Do you know how much that belt would be worth if it was "real gold". Lets say, there was 7 pounds of gold on it, that would be over 6 figures.

I know, of course...Not all of it solid gold, but maybe even if a thin layer of the surface was in 14k gold and maybe there was 500 grams of it, or something. I have no clue, I used to like white gold when I was younger and of course I know it's expensive.

Does anyone know about the legitmacy of the UFC belts, and other belts like the Pride belts? When it comes to the actual Gold, diamonds and gems etc. I know the UFC belts are quite heavy, around 10lbs I believe but I've never known too much about the actual worth of these belts, Pride ones included.

My favorite has always been the Pride open weight grand prix belt from 2006. Do these belts hold any legitimate value in gold, or are they just gold plated?

DC's belt is actually made of paper.

I believe I read somewhere that the Pride GP belt was worth 250K. So I'd assume theyre real.

We don't know if Pride belts were real...no testing in Japan.

I always thought Strikeforce had the nicest belt. The UFC belt looks too plain. Needs more diamonds and gems.

108fv47.jpg

THey arent Millicans now.

The original Tournament belts were made by Joe Marshall

latest

Marshall Tournament Belt

UFC 12 Had a boxing style belt

img

From UFC 13 to UFC 29, random belt from an unknown maker. Had weight division on them

UFCRandleman-001-w480-h640-300x300.jpg

Randlemans Belt from UFC 23

UFC 30 Joe Marshall made them again (colourful belts)

41J8-6WgTlL.jpg

Ortiz UFC 30 Belt I think

UFC 31 was a Joe Marshall made flat gold belt (believe this is what the current belts are cast from)

img

Marshall Flat Gold

timeline_newtonmiletich.png

Carlos Newton at UFC 31. Pretty sure its these Marshalls the current belts are cast from

UFC 32 was the first outing of the 2 layer belts made by Dave Millican, they were used up till UFC 48

img

Millican two layer

From UFC 50 they had Millican made triple layer belts

06110ba70f854a4cb1ec92168994d13c.png

Millican triple layer

Lesnar and GSP Will Millican triples at UFC 100
BrockLesnarPreUFC100_1565.jpg

george-st-pierre-31.jpg

They stopped using the triple layer Millicans around UFC 107

By UFC 111 GSP Had the knockoff belt

Georges+St+Pierre+UFC+111+Press+Conference+xHvnc_Vawjvl.jpg

George St Pierre UFC 111 Press Conference

current belts are indian/pakistani mass made crap, few hundred bucks each. Theres a video somewhere of dana cutting his finger on one. I belive they are cast from the UFC 31 Marshall flat golds.

ufc-belt.jpg

But anyway, they arent Millicans at the moment. just cheap casts

Last edited:
Back