Current MMA Champions by age
UFC Champions by age - HW
UFC Champions by age - LHW
UFC Champions by age - MW
UFC Champions by age - WW
UFC Champions by age - LW
UFC Champions by age - FW
UFC Champions by age - FLW

If they were within a few months (2-3) of their next birthday, I rounded up.

Last edited:
Why don't you put them all in one thread instead of making seperate threads?

I think the WEC days should be counted? Or the year the merge happened.

there was a wec marathon yesterday on ufc.tv
i indulged as i missed alot of the fights live. such a blast.

What a time it is when the merge happened around 2010-11. Lot's of fun match ups. Faber, Cruz, Aldo, etc. And you got guys like Cowboy who fought 5 times in one year (2011). Became a huge fan of him that time.

What a time it is when the merge happened around 2010-11. Lot's of fun match ups. Faber, Cruz, Aldo, etc. And you got guys like Cowboy who fought 5 times in one year (2011). Became a huge fan of him that time.
the true tough guy/attitude era of mma
even illegal strikes were praised and the guy who was fouled was immediately shunned for being kneed to the head while grounded.
commentators then- it was just a thigh , he is 100% fine and they need to make him fight
commentators now - it was conors hip, he is 10000% out on his feet

the true tough guy/attitude era of mma
even illegal strikes were praised and the guy who was fouled was immediately shunned for being kneed to the head while grounded.
commentators then- it was just a thigh , he is 100% fine and they need to make him fight
commentators now - it was conors hip, he is 10000% out on his feet
They just put too much restrictions on strikers. It's always striking moves that are banned and not wrestling/grappling moves. Original rules were adapted to give grapplers the advantage and the rules just evolved from there. The strikes are banned because they are deemed too dangerous, which in fighting means it is too effective.

Just wait...Brian Bowles is going to be released from prison at age 45, come back to MMA and get the belt at age 47...then they'll make a movie about him starring Mark Wahlberg.

Reluctantly updated to add Sterling.

Don't agree with it, but it is what it is...

Reluctantly updated to add Sterling.

Don't agree with it, but it is what it is...
He seems like a good guy but he really is an epytome of a paper champ.

Good post. Cruz really was levels above his peers before injuries robbed him of his prime.

Updated the OP to show their age when they were stripped of, lost, or vacated the title.

This number is a bit deceptive at the moment because we have two current champions who have not lost their title yet.

Last edited:
Updated the OP to show Sterling (34) losing his title to Sean O'Malley (28)
  • Average age when they won the belt went from 28.27 to 28.45
  • Average age when they lost the belt went from 29.38 to 29.8
  • O'Malley is the 11th BW champion in UFC history

I think the WEC days should be counted? Or the year the merge happened.
Personally I consider WEC 135 & 145 titles to be equally as prestigious as UFC titles.

Those champs were king of the best division of MMA in the world at their weight class at that time.

Same for PrideFC belts.

You can make a case for WEC 155 as well, especially the tail end as Bendo and Pettis both claimed UFC gold. If Frankie and Gray Maynard had not have tied, they were planning a unification between Frankie and Pettis but the tie yielded a rematch and Pettis lost his "stay busy" fight to Clay Guida.

----------------------

Back