UFC Cejudo vs Dillashaw Fight Motion

What?! There was a Cruz version, too?

giphy.gif

How come no one told me?!
AnimatedScaredBluegill.gif

Yeah and he showed an impressive ability to go from completely rocked to finishing a guy with just a minute break.

TJ was still fighting and defending. He wasn't cowering or anything and it was a championship fight.

yeah it kinda helps when the guy stops punching you, and you get a min to regroup.

Im sure if the fight wasnt stopped Henry would have jumped off TJ, and gave him a minute to himself, fucking doofus lmao

Cejudo missed missed all those last few shots that the ref stopped it on . He wasnt even badly hurt . Just a bad stoppage based on punches that never landed after the initial head shot.

He grabbed the leg in an instinctive state...does any lucid fighter believe that they can complete a single-leg while sitting on their butts?

What if they’re trying to take down an Olympic champion?

You have no point.
under the circumstances, yes he was lucid (getting fucking hammered and also the bigger man despite the decorated cejudo .... Dillashaw isn't without a wrestling background,btw ).He grabbed cejudo leg.... not the refs leg. I also laid out both scenarios. I have no bias but clear eyes.
" having no point " - whatever that is, is your OPINION.

if they waited 1 second TJ would have finished that single and had Cejudo on his back
Unlucky

TJ came back from worse to finish fighters though.

It was about 10-20 seconds early, I think.
So in typical sherdog "having my cake and eating it to" logic . . . 10 -20 seconds away from being a bad stoppage and the ref being negligent,

yeah it kinda helps when the guy stops punching you, and you get a min to regroup.

Im sure if the fight wasnt stopped Henry would have jumped off TJ, and gave him a minute to himself, fucking doofus lmao

He also wasn't hurt anywhere near as bad.

He grabbed the leg in an instinctive state...does any lucid fighter believe that they can complete a single-leg while sitting on their butts?

What if they’re trying to take down an Olympic champion?

You have no point.
what should he have done differently? the ref made up his mind based on how the knockdown looked. none of the follow up shots landed. in that situation for that event the ref needs to have a little sense. it's a main event title fight. 30 seconds in. let it end definitively, not based on a knockdown without seeing how the fighter responds.

He also wasn't hurt anywhere near as bad.

You do understand that you dont actually know this, right?

Where is your self awareness, "he wasnt that hurt", how do you know that? Did you know when your body goes limp, even for a milisecond, its a concussion that causes it?

I am starting to think youre an acutal idiot.

Last edited:
Slo mo showed Henry pretty much landing everything he threw. I didnt know he landed that first kick to body so clean, he had TJ hurt early and the way TJ crumbled made the ref jump in, not so much the follow up shots.

People here really believe that was a “single leg” attempt? I mean he was grabbing a leg while sitting on his butt trying to get his senses back, in no way shape or form was he gonna improve postion on HC fresh 30sec in while he’s all over him LoL

You do understand that you dont actually know this, right?

Where is your self awareness, "he wasnt that hurt", how do you know that? Did you know when your body goes limp, even for a milisecond, its a concussion that causes it?

I am starting to think youre an acutal idiot.

I never said he wasn't hurt.

I said he wasn't hurt as badly as he was in the first Cody fight.

what should he have done differently? the ref made up his mind based on how the knockdown looked. none of the follow up shots landed. in that situation for that event the ref needs to have a little sense. it's a main event title fight. 30 seconds in. let it end definitively, not based on a knockdown without seeing how the fighter responds.

The ref didn’t stop it “because of how the knockdown looked.” He stopped it because of two knockdowns, several hard unanswered shots, and TJ definitely not defending those shots. If you think that those shots weren’t landing, you need to watch the fight again.

What should he have done differently? Used head movement, slip a punch, block (you know—intelligent defense). He also could have fought back.

He did none of those things.

The ref DID see how he responded: he responded by taking more punches.

It was a flat out bad stoppage. He grabbed a leg and in a lucid state .Whst would've happened from there ? Who knows. Henry was blasting him but could t.j of held on for dear life until better positioning ? Yes. Flip side of the coin- Would Henry continue to pound him and ref step in anyway? definitely a possibility.
We'll never know cause that was horrible as co-main and main were ruined , hence- everyone was robbed.
Needed another 5 seconds to tell the rest of the story. Ref just a wee bit early but early nonetheless

The ref didn’t stop it “because of how the knockdown looked.” He stopped it because of two knockdowns, several hard unanswered shots, and TJ definitely not defending those shots. If you think that those shots weren’t landing, you need to watch the fight again.

What should he have done differently? Used head movement, slip a punch, block (you know—intelligent defense). He also could have fought back.

He did none of those things.

The ref DID see how he responded: he responded by taking more punches.
he took punches and get knocked down while he was getting to his feet. he was trying to get to his feet, as often happens in the lighter weight classes where they bounce up and down.

Back