UFC and steroids

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are millions of people on steroids. They are in every sport. There are a handful of guys in YOUR gym that are on steroids. To be a Silva or Belfort or Brock or Gracie, you have to be better than everyone, mentally and physically, and that comes from the person, not the roids. You can give 10,000 people roids, give them a training regiment, and still only one is going to come out on top.

Roids simply keep a guy that is number one, a bit more time staying at number one. He already has the skills and strengths to be there, but the roids help to keep him prime. You cant just go juice and then become a world champion.

There are millions of people on steroids. They are in every sport. There are a handful of guys in YOUR gym that are on steroids. To be a Silva or Belfort or Brock or Gracie, you have to be better than everyone, mentally and physically, and that comes from the person, not the roids. You can give 10,000 people roids, give them a training regiment, and still only one is going to come out on top.

Roids simply keep a guy that is number one, a bit more time staying at number one. He already has the skills and strengths to be there, but the roids help to keep him prime. You cant just go juice and then become a world champion.

Poor logic.

Poor logic.

No it's true. Read the PED article by one of the key players in the BALCO scandal. Every top ten fighter is going to be on something. Fighters saying otherwise is just playing the game.

Steroids won't get you to the top. You already need to be a special athlete who is working their ass off. The steroids take them to the top 1% [I.E top ten] and keep them there.

Juice 'em up and let 'em bang. That's what I say.

Taking more PEDs than other guys can help, say, #4 to recover a bit quicker, squeeze in several more workouts in his schedule and master the spinning kick he's been working on a bit faster than it was naturally possible. And thus #4 become #2.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

Well, the difference between Ben Johnson on steroids and Ben Johnson not on steroids was the fastest man ever and a guy that was hard pressed to qualify for the Olympics.

And is Belfort really "better than everyone, mentally..." ?

Well, the difference between Ben Johnson on steroids and Ben Johnson not on steroids was the fastest man ever and a guy that was hard pressed to qualify for the Olympics.

Eric Gagne vs Barry Bonds was the greatest steroid battle I've ever seen. A guy throwing 104 mph fastballs against a giant headed freak pulling those pitches fould 460 feet.

MY GOD. Steroids make sports amazing.

No one is saying you can juice and be world champion. As made apparent by a recent string of positive tests, the sport is plagued with roider's.

The fundamental disconnect between someone like me who despises steroids, and someone like you who accepts them is the following few points.

I think it's ridiculous to accept steroids as part of any sport because it forces people to utilize those drugs in order to compete. It ostracizes a large portion of the competitors who refuse to take on the negative side effects associated with the drug.

The negative side effects of steroids have been very well documented. So I don't think you need those to be repeated.

Now let's pretend there are no negative side effects to steroid usage...but for what ever reason they are illegal in sports. I still would still dislike the athletes using them because they are cheaters. The same way I don't like the cheater in my classroom. It's classless, not honourable and against the very spirit of the sport.

How lousy is it that fighter X is killing himself training, in heroic fashion naturally, only to get beat down by fighter Y who is training extremely hard as well but is sticking a needle in his ass.

Fighter X can and does suffer brain damage in this sport. Fighter X can and does suffer body injuries in this sport.

*Another important thing to consider, as you pointed out, is that steroids prolong the career of fighters (this is why GSP had to retire while guys like Anderson fought into their late 30s). Well this in essence is terrible for the sport. We don't need a bunch of old men as champions, looking like roided up aliens. I want to see the next batch of up and coming talent, who still have passion. I want a fresh turnover of hungry fighters.

*Also imagine what it means for a fighter now that he is able to prolong his mma career 10 years through steroid usage, hes going to wind up with 10 extra years of brain damage. This sport is already brutal enough for head injuries. Your not designed to stay in the game that long for a reason. When you cheat that system your going to suffer the consequences.

How are you going to feel 15 years from now when all of your favourite fighters are slurring there words, going through divorces due to erectile issues from these drugs? Hobbling around like cripples because the drugs allowed them to push there bodies far more then their bodies were designed to be pushed. I feel bad, and will feel bad for them. I don't want that to be a requirement for a guy to entertain me..when im already amply entertained by natural athletes.

I also find it alluring, as someone who trains, to see what these guys are capable of and compare that to what im capable of, it's motivating, to see a bunch of geared out monsters do battle takes that entire aspect out of the sport for me.

There is only a small difference between a never was and the best ever. Every person in that final was doping. From my experience I ran track. I know guys that were faster than David Rudisha at the same age [He's the current 800m world record holder]. Imagine growing up as the number one guy, then all of a sudden guys you used to beat are blazing past you. You reach this reality where you either dope or you get a day job.

Unfortunately the reality is that there is no such thing a clean finalist in the Olympic games [In mainstream sports. I'm not educated enough on the smaller sports to comment]. When you add big money, I.E: professional sports. Everyone is doping. I would bet my life on every single top ten fighter in the UFC being on PED's[Except the women's divisions because the competition isn't high enough yet to warrant the edge from PED's].

since they're all mostly on the juice, the only fair thing to do is let them all be on the juice.

fair is fair.

No it's true. Read the PED article by one of the key players in the BALCO scandal. Every top ten fighter is going to be on something. Fighters saying otherwise is just playing the game.

Steroids won't get you to the top. You already need to be a specil athlete who is working their ass off. The steroids take them to the top 1% [I.E top ten] and keep them there.

Do u have a link to the article?? Keen on reading it! Study sports science in uni and always interested to read stuff like that

Hard to keep your fighters off drugs, when the CEO's and Dana are on the sauce! Haha.

since they're all mostly on the juice, the only fair thing to do is let them all be on the juice.

fair is fair.

Then what's the point of watching human compete? Might as well watch action movies.

I don't know how so many are so naive that elite athletes don't take PEDs.

Roids do nothing if you dont got the skill to accompany it

Roids do nothing if you dont got the skill to accompany it

You're stupid if you believe that. Repetition in itself is a great thing. Plus, it's also why coaches are there. And training partners, etc... training is the name of the game when you have the resources these guys have, so steroids are game-changer, since they allow you to train more, with more intensity AND you recover faster.

You're stupid if you believe that. Repetition in itself is a great thing. Plus, it's also why coaches are there. And training partners, etc... training is the name of the game when you have the resources these guys have, so steroids are game-changer, since they allow you to train more, with more intensity AND you recover faster.

What does roids do for skill/technique dipshit? We talking about performance of roids, not the fast recovery from roids you fluffer

What does roids do for skill/technique dipshit? We talking about performance of roids, not the fast recovery from roids you fluffer

The fact that you can train more, dumbass? Do you know what's the correlation between roids, trianing and skill/techniques?

Back