• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC and bellator fans complaining about grappling

Luke Rockholds (?) kick

Carmen_basilio's_left_hook
@White
Reaction score
I see all to often people critise grappling or grapplers by calling them dry humpers there boring. for me I think you should appreciate one of the most crucial aspects of the sport. I think it comes down to understanding maybe they should get some instrcutionals www.groundfighter.com to help themselves learn more about the sport. Some may call a crossface and underhook hugging when it is actually a common half guard pass. That being said if you can add more punches then do so holding can still happen even with a correct guard passing technique. I like to see people pass the closed guard a bit more rather then staying there. What are your thoughts comments or criticisms.

Last edited:
These kind of people watch the sport for wrong reasons.

I'll just leave this here for you ts

771919944.gif

My criticism would be to use some punctuation. Also, how am I going to pass up that Duke Roufus muay Thai box set at 150.00! What a steal!

I see all to often people critise grappling or grapplers by calling them dry humpers there boring for me I think you should appreciate one of the most crucial aspects of the sport. I think it comes down to understanding maybe they should get some instrcutionals www.groundfighter.com to help themselves learn more about the sport. Some may call a crossface and underhook hugging when it is actually a common half guard pass. That being said if you can add more punches then do so holding can still happen even with a correct guard passing technique. I like to see people pass the closed guard a bit more rather then staying there. What are your thoughts comments or criticisms.
A lot of critisism is fair IMO. Wrestlers who dont have a good sub or gnp game and are looking for a W at any cost is just sad imo. Also fighter who graples to slow down their opponent so we can watch a low level techniqal slug fest in rd 2 and 3 is also boring. UFC is suppose to be fighting at the highest level, if u chose to graple you should be high level in all aspects of grapling and gnp, not only controlling ur opponents body to win 10-9 rds.
Just think of the Valentina vs Precsilla fight if Valentina didnt gnp or attempt subs, and her only goal was to controll Precsilas body to win a 30-27 descission, that would be even worse than the late stoppage imo.

Last edited:
I love the grappling aspect of the sport, I compete in no gi grappling competitions, it’s MIXED martial arts after all.. at the same time these grapple fuckers are not helping themselves by putting on boring performances in which their main focus is to control rather then damage their opponent.

I prefer aggressive, effective grappling/submission attempts over a "generic stand-and-trade" fight any day. The problem lies with the "Colby" type grapplers.

I enjoy grappling, as long as something is happening. As long as they're using superior technique, skill, and fight IQ, rather than stalling for control time, I'm down with it.

Gregor Gillespie's last performance was one of the most superb ground displays I'd seen in a while, over a BJJ Brown Belt, no less.

My criticism would be to use some punctuation. Also, how am I going to pass up that Duke Roufus muay Thai box set at 150.00! What a steal!
I haven't went on Sherdog for months because it's full of negative whiny crybabies like you cheer up not everyone's punctuation is amazing if your on a forum discussing fist fights then criticising punctuation seems silly.

If I'm rooting for the guy who lays and prays I'm totally cool with it. If my boy is about to get dry humped to a boring decision the other dude's boring ass should be cut imho.

Yeah I want most grappling taken out. uFC is about entertainment not who the best fighter is. So just get rid of it and have them only to standup

I haven't went on Sherdog for months because it's full of negative whiny crybabies like you cheer up not everyone's punctuation is amazing if your on a forum discussing fist fights then criticising punctuation seems silly.
You should probably stay away for longer

Yeah I want most grappling taken out. uFC is about entertainment not who the best fighter is. So just get rid of it and have them only to standup
What about boring standup point fighters?

I see all to often people critise grappling or grapplers by calling them dry humpers there boring. for me I think you should appreciate one of the most crucial aspects of the sport. I think it comes down to understanding maybe they should get some instrcutionals www.groundfighter.com to help themselves learn more about the sport. Some may call a crossface and underhook hugging when it is actually a common half guard pass. That being said if you can add more punches then do so holding can still happen even with a correct guard passing technique. I like to see people pass the closed guard a bit more rather then staying there. What are your thoughts comments or criticisms.

people will bitch in any case.
grappling is fine, as long as the fighters try to improve their position and/or try to strike/submissions
it's boring when the guy on top doesn't try to do anything but maintain top position, not striking, not advancing. in this case humping is a fair critic IMO

Back