UFC 8 Man Tourney- Lets revisit the conversation

shekinah95

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
If we could have 2. Which 2 Weight Classes would be the most exciting in a UFC 8 Man Tourney? Should the Champ fight. I say Yes, we only live once.

WW & SW. I'm going to use my rankings since UFC's are garbage:

WW

1. Woodley vs 8. Gastelum
2. Thompson vs 7. Condit
3. Lawler vs 6. Magny
4. Rory vs 5. Maia

SW

1. JoJed vs 8. Jojo
2. Gadelha vs 7. Torres
3. KK vs 6. Rose
4. Carla vs 5. JAG

count vs Weidman
rockhold vs romero
Belfort vs moose
whittaker vs jacare

Nope- 4 different nights... Or 3. Remembering Pride ended the Tournament with 2 Fights each. But if an injury? That might ruin a Card.
If Hendo beats Bisping, and then retires, a MW tourney might actually happen. It will probably be 4 man, not 8, and obviously on different nights.

How can a tournament even happen?

Are we allowing them 3 months to recover>?

I'd go Bantamweight- Cruz, TJ, Cody(the dark horse), Faber would blame Cody for not being in it- Team and all. Mizugaki, Almeida. There's some story lines especially if you throw Uriah in the mix.

Then I'd go Heavyweight. Cain, JDS, Arlovski, Barnett, Cormier talked about going up in weight. Overeem, Oh yeah, the guy with the belt.. Stipe. Ronda's boyfriend, I'd throw Rothwell in and invite the Last Emperor.

WW & SW. I'm going to use my rankings since UFC's are garbage:

WW

1. Woodley vs 8. Gastelum
2. Thompson vs 7. Condit
3. Lawler vs 6. Magny
4. Rory vs 5. Maia

SW

1. JoJed vs 8. Jojo
2. Gadelha vs 7. Torres
3. KK vs 6. Rose
4. Carla vs 5. JAG
We basically had a sw tournament on tuf and it wasn't that great, although jojed and Claudia weren't in it. MW with Romero, bisping, weidman, jacare, rockhard, Belfort, hendo, and silva would be dope.

BW cause it needs one and WW cause its the strongest

both tournaments should be to determine the number 1 contender

I'd like one at 155 and one at 205 but I would allow fighters from FW and WW to try and make 155 and be in the tourney and obviously do the same thing for MW and HW for the 205 tourney. Without taking into considerations suspensions. I would make the prize around 4million for the winner of each, to make those weight cuts worth it.

155 GP
1. Eddie
2. TWood
3. Khabib
4. RDA
5. Nate
6. El Cucuy
7. Cowboy
8. Conor

205 GP
1. DC
2. Jones
3. Cain
4. Rumble
5. Gus
6. Bisping
7. Rockhold
8. Glover

I'd like one at 155 and one at 205 but I would allow fighters from FW and WW to try and make 155 and be in the tourney and obviously do the same thing for MW and HW for the 205 tourney. Without taking into considerations suspensions. I would make the prize around 4million for the winner of each, to make those weight cuts worth it.

155 GP
1. Eddie
2. TWood
3. Khabib
4. RDA
5. Nate
6. El Cucuy
7. Cowboy
8. Conor

205 GP
1. DC
2. Jones
3. Cain
4. Rumble
5. Gus
6. Bisping
7. Rockhold
8. Glover
if there were ever 2 fighters I don't think would go down in weight, its cain and t wood. t wood has no weight to lose as it is, and cain very much enjoys putting on a few pounds after each fight.

if there were ever 2 fighters I don't think would go down in weight, its cain and t wood. t wood has no weight to lose as it is, and cain very much enjoys putting on a few pounds after each fight.
Yeah I thought that about TWood but I know Cain can make 205 if he wants to and 4 million might be worth it. If the guys aren't good enough to get a seed or can't make the weight then they would lose out and the next best guy would get that spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back