*** UFC 297: Sean Strickland vs. DDP - Who Did You Think Won Mega Thread ***

Who did you think should have won the fight?

• Dricus

Votes: 196 48.9%
  • Strickland

Votes: 205 51.1%

• Total voters
Yes, when the numbers show 76 more head strikes, 36 more significant strikes landed, over the course of five rounds, it means jackshit. LOL.
Sean landed significantly more in the 1st and 5th and he won both those rounds. You still have to judge the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th which were very close in sig strikes.

Link me to the part of the official rules where "random guy counting the amount of strikes landed" is a judging criteria.

Or alternatively, shut the fuck up.
OK Andeson Silver, how did DDP win based off judging criteria? Let's hear it.

Rd 2 sig strikes 26 ddp 22 sean
Rd 3 sig strikes 31 sean 29 ddp
Rd 4 sig strikes 33 Sean 29 DDP

These rounds were very close and DDP had the bigger shots plus takedowns
look at significant strikes bottom of the page, per round.

Sean rounds 1, 3, 4, 5 he landed more significant strikes. You are lying.

Rd 2 sig strikes 26 ddp 22 sean
Rd 3 sig strikes 31 sean 29 ddp
Rd 4 sig strikes 33 Sean 29 DDP

These rounds were very close and DDP had the bigger shots plus takedowns
also bigger shots? define bigger? sean was never hurt, never wobbled, never damaged. DDP looks like he ate 76 more head strikes.

takedowns amounted to 0 ground control, 0 ground strikes, 0 sub attempts, 0 ground POSITIONING. Sean immediately got up, nullified the wrestling, incurred no physical damage, ground control time, and got back to a neutral standing position within seconds. that cancels out a takedown attempt IMO.

I got the numbers off the link you posted! lol
right, i see what you were trying to say now. but still, sean landed more sig strikes four rounds over one. DDP wasnt this damage machine that people are pretending he was. He was out striked, over the course of five rounds, ate 76 more additional punches than Sean. Seans face was fine after blood was wiped away. DDP look like he was in a car wreck.

Sean just didn’t do enough to keep the belt. Not sure why anyone would be heated about him losing when he was on the backfoot the entire fight only throwing a jab.

right, i see what you were trying to say now. but still, sean landed more sig strikes four rounds over one. DDP wasnt this damage machine that people are pretending he was. He was out striked, over the course of five rounds, ate 76 more additional punches than Sean. Seans face was fine after blood was wiped away. DDP look like he was in a car wreck.
It was a very close fight which is why scores are split down the middle. I don't have issue with anyone saying Sean won. Just pointing out those big headstrikes difference came in the 1st and 5th. The middle rounds were almost even.

It was a very close fight which is why scores are split down the middle. I don't have issue with anyone saying Sean won. Just pointing out those big headstrikes difference came in the 1st and 5th. The middle rounds were almost even.
^^^^^^THIS

Scoring it for one guy or the other is fine. It was a very close fight and multiple rounds are debatable.

But pretending that it's a robbery or a clear Strickland victory is disingenuous at best.

the "big headstrikes" never amounted to any sort of outcome though. When youre saying the guy who did more damage looks like he received more damage, then i dont know what to tell you. If seans face looked like DDPs then OK. 76 additional head strikes is not some superfluous detail. thats a significant number that needs to be taken in to account. Sean won easily.

^^^^^^THIS

Scoring it for one guy or the other is fine. It was a very close fight and multiple rounds are debatable.

But pretending that it's a robbery or a clear Strickland victory is disingenuous at best.
it was a robbery and a clear victory for Sean

No you.

Make a poll.

Who won 5th.

Easy to score. Sean actually opened up in the 5th.
Nobody is giving Dricus the 5th round. It's the 2nd and 3rd rounds which are in question. Although all 3 judges gave Dricus the 2nd so really it's just the third.

Nobody is giving Dricus the 5th round. It's the 2nd and 3rd rounds which are in question. Although all 3 judges gave Dricus the 2nd so really it's just the third.

We're literally talking about the 5th because two posters said DDP won the 5th.

It was a close fight. Dricus outlanded Strickland in round 2, 3 and 4. Round 1 and round 5 were not 10-8 rounds so Dricus edged out on round 2, 3 and 4. He also got the takedowns. That tips the scale slightly in his favor. I don't blame anyone for thinking Strickland won, but Dricus was pressing the action and made big adjustments after round 1 and then came out very differently in round 2 outlanding Strickland 40% to 35%

Here is Weasle breakdown of the fight. He thinks the judges got it right (and he predicted Strickland to win).

Seems like it. Strange tho. He really didn't do anything with em. Judges be doing what's
Yeah I hate that they judge those takedowns as dominance yet often the fighter who gets taken down gets up before the other person does anything. It should be back to neutral scoring in that scenario imo. At least advance position once or something.

ddp won.
the whole fight was not a great fight i think, sean being sean, while technically sound, unless he's clearly winning, that style won't edge him in close fights. ddp won by being aggressive and finding success in takedowns, and landing some hard shots. i do think khamzat will eat both alive, and Izzy if not suffering from some hormone imbalance will wipe the floor with ddp, harder to do with sean because he won't rise to any baiting and will only jab all night long..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back