UFC 294 is not a good card.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Do people really think this is a good card, or just going with the consensus?

I usually judge cards based on how many compelling fights there are on it, and there's only one compelling fight in this one; Khamzat and Usman. Even then, Usman is a short notice replacement.

Oliveira vs Islam, Imavov vs Ikram were as well, but they also got replacement opponents. I consider rematch with Volk as a good, interesting fight, but nothing more.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/islam-will-outstrike-volkanovski-if-not-finish-him.4276665/page-3

It's not like I'm not giving them credit, because I think I was the only one who called their first fight breakdown almost spot on. I wouldn't count out Volk or anything like that, but him coming on a short notice kinda turns that fight down a notch or two. I mean, no one really wanted this rematch right away, though I'm sure there may have been some.

The only other decent fight is Bruno Silva vs Sharabutdin, and that's really about it.

I'm just curious if people really think this is a good card, or just going with the cheery spirit of Sherdog. For me, good cards are something like UFC 285 or 286 if we pick from this year.

Put it in a timeout then ... everyone should have the opportunity to change

I only give a fuck about the main and co main, whilst I am sure there are other bangers on this card I don't care for the outcome like I do in the 2 top fights. Certainly not the greatest card ever made not even close but should be a good one none the less.

Do people really think this is a good card, or just going with the consensus?.
71500ed71d2271710954db8efdc95e33.gif

It would've been better with full training camps, but it's going to have alot on it regardless. Shara's debut, Ikram's last stop before top 10, Walker/Ankalaev is going to be closer than people think for next in LHW titleshot, Khamzat's last fight before title shot, and Islam/Volk can finally settle their rivalry (and maybe people on this forum).

To me it's 9/10 and lots of top fighters. This card isn't filler and moves many divisions forward.

@JustOnce Most people can’t really tell the difference between big names and compelling matchups.

Sad but true.

A fight can be an absolute barnburner but they will call it trash because the names or a fight can be utterly mediocre but called amazing because of the people involved

Last edited:
Do people really think this is a good card, or just going with the consensus?

I usually judge cards based on how many compelling fights there are on it, and there's only one compelling fight in this one; Khamzat and Usman. Even then, Usman is a short notice replacement.

Oliveira vs Islam, Imavov vs Ikram were as well, but they also got replacement opponents. I consider rematch with Volk as a good, interesting fight, but nothing more.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/islam-will-outstrike-volkanovski-if-not-finish-him.4276665/page-3

It's not like I'm not giving them credit, because I think I was the only one who called their first fight breakdown almost spot on. I wouldn't count out Volk or anything like that, but him coming on a short notice kinda turns that fight down a notch or two. I mean, no one really wanted this rematch right away, though I'm sure there may have been some.

The only other decent fight is Bruno Silva vs Sharabutdin, and that's really about it.

I'm just curious if people really think this is a good card, or just going with the cheery spirit of Sherdog. For me, good cards are something like UFC 285 or 286 if we pick from this year.
Look man. I got my coffee and my quiet dogs around me settled in for a peaceful morning of violence. @KOPPE is getting me a sausage egg and cheese on an everything bagel and I have an excuse to pack a big fat bowl at 2pm. The 2 most talented fighters in the ufc fight today. Just take it easy and have a good time

@JustOnce Most people can’t really tell the difference between big names and compelling matchups.

Sad but true.

A fight can be an absolute oh suck barnburner but they will call it trash because the names or a fight can be utterly mediocre but called amazing because of the people involved

haha i think it just depends on what gets them interested I guess, but I like great fighters going against other great fighters that are evenly matched. That's what makes any fight compelling regardless of their name, because you can be a big name and not good right now too lol

Look man. I got my coffee and my quiet dogs around me settled in for a peaceful morning of violence. @KOPPE is getting me a sausage egg and cheese on an everything bagel and I have an excuse to pack a big fat bowl at 2pm. The 2 most talented fighters in the ufc fight today. Just take it easy and have a good time

Sounds like a lovely day! Nice!

nice.gif

I mean, it's def better than nothing lol and u can never tell based on paper how good it is going to be!

just-bleed.gif

Its a good PPV, compelling matches are there. Its not like the rankings in regards to title match-ups are really even that consistent in the UFC

It isnt, but I'm gonna be stuck at work, so an average card will help.

294 is the best card of the year.

Makhachev/Volk - top two P4P fighters in the world
Chimaev/Usman
Aliskerov
Magomedov
Ankalaev
Mokaev

There's a bunch of good fighters on the card, but not many interesting match ups, and the match ups that are interesting involve short notice replacements which makes me less interested in them.

So I do understand where you are coming from.

Back