• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 294 has gone to s***

They need to stop with these top heavy cards.

The UFC pretends it has the best fighters, but it has a shit ton of regional level fighters taking probably 2/3 the roster.

Cut a solid half of them, replace with champions of regional orgs and fucking PAY the money to get the quality talent...

So that if 2 fights fall through the card doesn't go to SHIT.

I personally don't think that is too much to ask from a $12+ Billion company that charges $85 for 5 fucking fights.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edit:

10 fighters on UFC 294 don't even have Wikipedia pages.
View attachment 1005820

this guy gets it! People keep sticking up for Dana, but… the UFC roster has a lot of the best fighters yet, its depth, despite the size of the roster, is pretty thin. And it’s pay, pay, pay…that drives that.

It makes sense because Volk actually walks around quite heavy.
Why would they put him in a position to possibly not make weight when they have a guy already there?
i still can't grasp what you're suggesting. what's the conspiracy here?

oliveira actually injured himself weeks before and they kept it quiet? and they did this because they want less time to market the replacement? lol.

they chose volk because they don't want him to make weight?

it couldn't possibly be that they called volkanovski up and asked him how much he weighs and if he'd be able to make it in 10 days, and he happened to not be completely fat?

i swear, how some of you get through your days with all this conspiratory bullshit is beyond me.

If Volk wins idk wtf even happens, wasn't he supposed to be fighting Topuria? If he wins does he go back down and fight Topuria? Oliveira vs Volk? Trilogy with Islam? Volk vs Gaethje. Knowing the UFC they will probably want the Islam trilogy. Maybe we will get Topuria vs Holloway in the meantime if that happens. If Holloway beats Topuria then Volk might as well stay at 155 and let Max be 145lb champ again. Lots of ifs I know but it's an interesting situation. I hate that Charles pulled out but I had a bit of a bad feeling considering he wasn't going to Abu Dhabi early anyways.

Good lord people making Islam vs Volk 2 like it’s Islam vs Dan Hooker 2.

I think most people are frustrated over the fact that Volk is fighting on such short notice. I really want Volk/Islam 2, but not with one guy fighting on a few days notice. What the hell was the point of Gamrot being the back up anyways, if he wasn't going to be a replacement.

this is exactly why i dont care about ufc anymore

ill still watch the big fights and discuss only main events on sherdog

in other word, ufc sucks so ill be super casual and not spend a cent on them

Khamzat vs anyone is not must see TV. I for one don't like seeing Khamzat steamroll someone like Holland in seconds. It's anticlimactic. Khamzat vs Costa is must see tv.

Chances are they'll get someone to highlight Khamzat in a one sided ass whooping. And charge $85 to watch it

I don't know how Bo would fair but I don't see them making it happen. Someday it could be a very interesting fight
Uhhh hate to break it to ya, fella. Khamzat was going to steamroll Costa and it took Paula to the final hour to figure it out and tuck his tail between his legs and run.

This hasn't happened in a while tho unless I'm having a brainfart

You are definitely not having a brainfart. Everyone here is just honestly baffled by why multiple fighters are all of a sudden pulling out of fights in the upcoming Abu Dhabi event. Me personally, I have no idea why people would not want to be in the middle east right now, it is almost like there is something going on in that region that no one here is talking about but I just can't figure it out.

You are definitely not having a brainfart. Everyone here is just honestly baffled by why multiple fighters are all of a sudden pulling out of fights in the upcoming Abu Dhabi event. Me personally, I have no idea why people would not want to be in the middle east right now, it is almost like there is something going on in that region that no one here is talking about but I just can't figure it out.
Could this event get cancelled for those very reasons?

Yes you should. It's the usual time to finish up hard sparring for a camp... It's the usual final hard session in nearly every single sport that allows this type of preparation prior to an event.

Gamrot is 3-1 with 2 split decisions that probably should have gone the other way and a TKO via knee injury.
He got so outclassed by Dariush it's not even funny.

Volk was always getting another shot. The guy is such a monster he is happy to have a crack on 11 days notice.
Don't whinge about a champ being willing to do this, he even managed to defend his title again in between this fight and will most likely make the Topuria fight regardless of the outcome.

Charles was still in Brazil when he should've been over there getting ready.
Hard sparring anything can happen, not the kind of thing you should be doing right before the fight.

He actually said after putting on some muscle mass for first Islam fight, that he did not really gain any strength, so if he fought him again would not even bother putting the mass on at all (stay at regular 145 weight and not cut so much or at all)

So that further validates our view.

And acclamation ... well what is Abu Dhabi? Hot? Humid? (I am uninformed) Sydney has been having heat waves no? and he still has a couple of weeks if he gets there fast?

All seems sus.

UFC website is all already set up with pics of the pair, BTW

I guess we're not morons after all sir lol.

GSP had a long layoff, Aldo was sporadic, Velasquez fought once every two years.

Shit happens

Costa is already there, Charles is in Brazil, it is only the main and co main event thats pulling out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
138cfh
Back