• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier

Barbarena is quite clearly past it since the Luque fight. Its obvious. I don't know what you mean by 'he eats shots nicley', but Witt was dropping him all over the place. They are giving him bottom-of-the-barrel guys and he is just squeezing out wins.
if you believe he was dropping him all over the place then you’re going on how you remember the fight, not what actually happened. yes he scored a knockdown in the second, but Bryan won 90% of those exchanges, clearly scored a knockdown in the third that went unawarded. styles make fights witt won by laying and praying and it affected Bryan’s ability to exchange as he worried about the shoot. Lawler isn’t going to spam takedowns like that. I see a similar fight to nick diaz , two guys exchanging in a barn burner , its not lost on me that Bryan can lose as i said its going to be a split dec won. i think Robbie cant ko Bryan, i think Bryan being 33 years old is statistically likely to be less shot that a 40 year old. maybe im seeing things but i saw robbie looking terrible in the nick fight, he just looked slow to me, after the first round he just started throwing close range punches with no snap. if he can get hit that many times by a washed nick Diaz i don’t think Bryan wont have trouble landing as much as he has a similar pace to diaz.

Im trying to decipher what you’re saying about Riddell. “He gives up sub much”

He’s been submitted once in his fourth fight which was four years ago. I would argue being able to hang with Fiziev as long as he did on the feet is more impressive than anything Turner has ever done.

I'm saying he gets submitted much like Turner submitted Uros Medic not that he's been subbed much in his career.

Also love Strickland over 1.5- I suppose he could get snapped but he's a tough mofo and, if he has any intelligence whatsoever, he will go for takedowns and up against the cage control.

if you believe he was dropping him all over the place then you’re going on how you remember the fight, not what actually happened. yes he scored a knockdown in the second, but Bryan won 90% of those exchanges, clearly scored a knockdown in the third that went unawarded. styles make fights witt won by laying and praying and it affected Bryan’s ability to exchange as he worried about the shoot. Lawler isn’t going to spam takedowns like that. I see a similar fight to nick diaz , two guys exchanging in a barn burner , its not lost on me that Bryan can lose as i said its going to be a split dec won. i think Robbie cant ko Bryan, i think Bryan being 33 years old is statistically likely to be less shot that a 40 year old. maybe im seeing things but i saw robbie looking terrible in the nick fight, he just looked slow to me, after the first round he just started throwing close range punches with no snap. if he can get hit that many times by a washed nick Diaz i don’t think Bryan wont have trouble landing as much as he has a similar pace to diaz.

We'll agree to disagree. I do respect your outlook, but I just can't put any faith in what I've seen from Barberena these past few fights.

I like the odds but disagree. Alex could one shot Strickland or Alex could get get subbed out (probably pretty easily) if the fight hits the ground
Alex getups and grappling defense looks solid, i can tell glover trained him well. Bruno and Andrea are black belts who couldn’t really do nothing to him. i think alex’s long frame allows him to get away from being grappled fk , i fear the ko from alex than a sub from sean. Sean got 4 subs , against stiffs. I think he slips alex punches here. im leaning in him decision.

We'll agree to disagree. I do respect your outlook, but I just can't put any faith in what I've seen from Barberena these past few fights.
i got him in a small hail marry parlay, that is about all i feel comfortable. i’ll probably just look this one over as a value play.

i got him in a small hail marry parlay, that is about all i feel comfortable. i’ll probably just look this one over as a value play.
Him in a parlay is not bad. I'll only hit Robbie if my early plays do good, otherwise, I'll save for some of the other fights I feel more confident about.

Got Du Plessis ML/Clark ML two-legger to start the night. +204 odds which is not bad given where their respective lines are heading.

Think people vastly underestimated Egger's grappling accolades last time, which now translated into thinking Stoliarenko has any hope of finding her hail mary armbar.

I can see Muniz potentially becoming the first to sub Hall, given Hall starts really slow, has been taken down by mediocre grapplers, and has actually been in horrible positions that Muniz can convert...

... but I think Muniz is a complacent bet, here.

I think it's just as likely that Muniz dominates R1, only to get torched in R2.

Hall is not only great at finding the body when he finally starts to open up (which he won't for at least five minutes), but Muniz' striking defence is nothing to write home about.

Muniz struggling so badly with Arroyo on the feet shows what happens in this fight if Muniz doesn't convert a submission.

Generally speaking, at this level, I'm betting on a sub failing than scoring, particularly against a guy that isn't going to tap. Muniz might just have to break Hall's arm or choke him out, and that lessens the likelihood of the finish for me.

Call me crazy, but slow man Hall... I dunno... there's something there.

Generally speaking, at this level, I'm betting on a sub failing than scoring, particularly against a guy that isn't going to tap. Muniz might just have to break Hall's arm or choke him out, and that lessens the likelihood of the finish for me.

Call me crazy, but slow man Hall... I dunno... there's something there.

Potentially a great night for fights.
I'm leaning towards the following...
Underdog sprinkles
-Hall, Lawler, Riddell

Props:
-Strickland (stoppage) and/or Pereira (stoppage)
-Volk (stoppage)

Parlay:
-Volk + Izzy + O'Malley

Just wanted to add onto this that Du Plessis by SUB is +1000 at some books.

The majority of Dricus's wins are by SUB.
Oh shit you're right, my dumbass thought Dricus had like 14 kos and 0 subs. Good find.

Liking Dricus/+OMalley decision at +310

This card has LOtS of fights that could go either way ….

i can’t help but bet …. But hard to be confident in lots here - there’s bound to be upsets

Back