• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 271: Adesanya vs Whittaker 2 - Feb 12

svmr_db

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Figure it's a good time for a thread with the lines out and only a few weeks to go

2338.png

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-271-2338

https://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-271-Adesanya-vs-Whittaker-2-90742

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/83288-ufc-271

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_271

https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-271

Bobby Knucks
Moicano
Pichel
Bobby
Casey ITD
DSilva
Tai Lewis FDNGTD

Probably playing all these

No idea at all why DSDA is such a big dog here. Definitely going to play him.

Cosce should be able to win assuming he wrestles.

Cherant probably worth a look as a dog, but he's prone to fuck ups.

Also like Madsen as Pichel doesn't deal with high level wrestlers well, but also hearing that fight may have been pushed back.

Pichel/Madson isn't on this card any more, been moved to a later date

Cannonier is going to KO Brunson

Max bet Derrick Lewis. He beats anyone who isn't championship material.

If Brunson can't drag Cannoier to the mat he's gonna get lit up. I like Cannonier a lot.

I won't bet against him but fuck Izzy...so cringe...anyone who can grapple fuck will ragdoll him....not sure if Bobby Knuckles has the tools to make it happen. I hope he starches Izzy.

If Brunson can't drag Cannoier to the mat he's gonna get lit up. I like Cannonier a lot.

I won't bet against him but fuck Izzy...so cringe...anyone who can grapple fuck will ragdoll him....not sure if Bobby Knuckles has the tools to make it happen. I hope he starches Izzy.
Maverick Derrick Lewis at over -200 is something I thought I’d never hear

Like a lot on this card, will probs go big on Moicano

Fwiw Whittaker qualified for Australias wrestling team but UFC wouldnt let him compete

Obviously our wrestling isnt fantastic but the fact he made it is something

Izzy made the best wrestler in the division look like a amature...

Izzy made the best wrestler in the division look like a amature...

Yoel? Didn't he try like 2 total takedowns, and one wasn't really even a legit attempt? Yoel didn't seem to actually come to fight that night (nor did Izzy to be fair). After about 3 minutes, both seemed to come to some sort of unspoken agreement that they'd stare at each other for 5 rounds and then call it a night.

The Vanderaa that fought Tafa should fuck up the Arlovski that fought Felipe. Arlovski almost lost to a fat middleweight that thinks taunting after rocking someone makes it score double. Think its worth a hit at +165.

Yoel? Didn't he try like 2 total takedowns, and one wasn't really even a legit attempt? Yoel didn't seem to actually come to fight that night (nor did Izzy to be fair). After about 3 minutes, both seemed to come to some sort of unspoken agreement that they'd stare at each other for 5 rounds and then call it a night.

I was thinking of Brunson as he actually uses his wrestling as his primary path to victory Yoel has mostly been a striker in recent times.

I was thinking of Brunson as he actually uses his wrestling as his primary path to victory Yoel has mostly been a striker in recent times.

Yeah Brunson also took down Yoel. He is the more of a mma wrestler for sure.
To me Izzy has been fighting lazy since last year. He dominated Vettori but didnt exactly set the world on fire.

Ahh ok. Brunson kind of hit or miss with using his wrestling back when Izzy fought him though right? Most of the fights he had prior to Izzy he was content to mostly stand. Mix in a TD every now and then but it wasn't his primary focus really. Lately, different story in some fights obviously. But he was standing a lot more than trying to wrestle in a lot of his fights before the Izzy fight.

The Vanderaa that fought Tafa should fuck up the Arlovski that fought Felipe. Arlovski almost lost to a fat middleweight that thinks taunting after rocking someone makes it score double. Think its worth a hit at +165.

Yeah I took some around +185, it's probably going to be close, it's probably just going to be a question of who lands more volume. Neither guy will wrestle, and neither guy is a real KO threat, so it's just who is landing more over the rounds.

Arlovski's been winning fights against guys like Vanderaa lately, but they're questionable, tight decisions, he can't keep on getting the better side of a coin flip

I like Rob at +200 more than I should. It's just so rare to get a fighter as good as Whittaker at +200 odds I think I need to throw 50 or a hundred at it.

Anyone have any sort of training clips about him? I know New Zealand is fucky with covid. Want to make sure he's not just rolling in his garage with a couple of buds. And that he's showing signs of coming in with a smart gameplan not just trying to do his thing he feels best at and thinking he'll beat Izzy man vs man.

I like Rob at +200 more than I should. It's just so rare to get a fighter as good as Whittaker at +200 odds I think I need to throw 50 or a hundred at it.

Anyone have any sort of training clips about him? I know New Zealand is fucky with covid. Want to make sure he's not just rolling in his garage with a couple of buds. And that he's showing signs of coming in with a smart gameplan not just trying to do his thing he feels best at and thinking he'll beat Izzy man vs man.
i taped it and im passing. Had Whittaker at 3.25 before tape. Probably ends up being closer but I feel like you need to be durable ala Jan or Vettori to push him.

Back