Media UFC 263 Press ft. Diaz, Edward, Adesanya, Vetteri, Figueirero, Moreno [LIVE]

Screenshot-4.png

I knew there would be a size difference, but holy shit.
Nate looking 3x Leon's size.

Damn, Leon is so tall. For some reason, for a long time I thought he was an average-sized welterweight and then I realized the dude is like 6'2. I can't remember the last time, or if there's ever been another time, where Nate was fighting someone who was taller than him. Even at welterweight, we're used to seeing Nate being at least as tall if not taller than everyone he's fought. Leon's huge.
He's a big boy no doubt about it.
kamaru-usman-leon-edwards-ufc-on-fox-17.jpg

Also, I kind of hate this new-age little "keeping the same energy" catchphrase that everyone likes to use to try and appear more "gangsta" than their opponents. You're contracted to fight in a cage on Saturday night. Quit acting like you'd actually swing at the guy in the street. No one is going to fight outside of the cage before then for free. All of the other stuff is just posturing. Even if you have a personal vendetta with your opponent, if you see each other in person, you can just give 'em a quick head nod and even exchange a few words if you want, but this whole "he was talking junk to me online and then when he saw me in person during fight week when we're contracted to fight for money on Saturday, he didn't immediately swing on me in the hotel, so he didn't keep that energy and thus, I'm more gangsta than him" thing is so cringy. Israel even initiated the handshake in the little hotel rendezvous they had.

He's a big boy no doubt about it.
kamaru-usman-leon-edwards-ufc-on-fox-17.jpg
For real. He's a tree. I think when I finally noticed how tall he was was against Cerrone or RDA. I kept thinking he was 5'10'ish or so and that he appears taller because he has a long torso, but no. He's legitimately one of the biggest WW's on the roster.

I didn't watch the press conference, in fact, I never watch anything with Adesanya in it because I just can't stand him, he's just way too insecure. Marvin, I do find annoying too, he's very emotional. I expected it to be a complete shitshow with these two.

Did Nate, Leon, Brandon, or Figgy say anything interesting?

I didn't watch the press conference, in fact, I never watch anything with Adesanya in it because I just can't stand him, he's just way too insecure. Marvin, I do find annoying too, he's very emotional. I expected it to be a complete shitshow with these two.

Did Nate, Leon, Brandon, or Figgy say anything interesting?
Figgy shoved Moreno during the face-off and seems genuinely pissed off that Moreno didn't buy his post-fight excuses or something like that lmao. I'm still not really sure why he's so mad at him. Even when I was watching the countdown show thing the other day, Figgy was like (paraphrasing/gist of it) "I had a lot of things before the fight and during the fight, so I wasn't at my best and he said he didn't believe me, so now I'm mad at him." I was sitting there like "Brazilians, man...." lmaoooo.

He's being slept on by casuals....They're gonna surprised saturday night.
Leon is legit and I expect him to trash Nate. No offense to Nate, btw. Khabib is the only lw I’d give a good chance to beat Leon at 170 lbs.

Say whatever the fuck you want about izzy and Marvin but they have done an amazing mf job at promoting this fight
lol they def dont need much prodding to go at each other.

Just sit em down and they just go off hahaha

Figgy shoved Moreno during the face-off and seems genuinely pissed off that Moreno didn't buy his post-fight excuses or something like that lmao. I'm still not really sure why he's so mad at him. Even when I was watching the countdown show thing the other day, Figgy was like (paraphrasing/gist of it) "I had a lot of things before the fight and during the fight, so I wasn't at my best and he said he didn't believe me, so now I'm mad at him." I was sitting there like "Brazilians, man...." lmaoooo.
That fight is going to be a banger for sure. Figgy does seem to be a bit emotional going into this rematch.

That fight is going to be a banger for sure. Figgy does seem to be a bit emotional going into this rematch.
Yeah and for an odd reason, honestly. It wasn't like Moreno accused him of anything or whatever. Figgy and his team made the excuses first and Moreno simply responded. Even when he responded, he responded respectfully. He just said he didn't really put that much stock in it or fully buy it. Figgy was essentially like "how dare he not buy my excuses!" and has started this blood feud with him. Maybe he's just one of those fighters that needs to be pissed off at his opponent to stay motivated.

Not really, I don't see him doing anything too wild. I expect him to takedown and control Diaz for 5 rounds.
I see Leon trying to make up for all his boring fights by strking with Nate and looking for a finish

hope im right

I died when Vettori said you got titties. Also I thought I saw Joe Son in the background

I died when Vettori said you got titties. Also I thought I saw Joe Son in the background
Izzy's trash talk is terrible, just like his fake personality. But this cringe factor also makes him who he is. I like the anger that he has....coincidentally, Vettori kinda has the same anger. Should be a good fight.

I'm excite for this card.

Just finished watching it in its entirety, Israel and Marvin were acting like children with the insults. That whole Mur,mur, mur thing Israel was doing while Marvin was answering and talking was just next level embarrassing. I'm looking forward to a good fight, but the maturity of level of these top "professionals." Was <{clintugh}>

Back