• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC 255: Figueiredo vs. Perez - Preliminary Card PBP Discussion: 6:30 pm ET/3:30 pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First round ko by Fig?

Me right now

tenor.gif

I thought Maia was really short, but she is the same height as Val. Or at least looked it at the stare down.

I was wondering the same thing. Probably some kind of English background since HK used to be Brittish...
Here's the story.
While he does hold American citizenship, the 31-year-old is a true born-and-bred Hong Kong fighter. His formative years in the country may have been instrumental in shaping Palatnikov into the fighter he is now.

“I was born and raised in Hong Kong,” said Palatnikov. “My father was a former world champion high diver. He traveled around the world performing. I guess we’re both performers in our own right. He’s a tough guy. He put me in martial arts at a young age because I was just full energy and a bit of a brat.
https://apmma.net/sasha-palatnikov-ready-to-represent-hong-kong-in-the-ufc/

His name is Sasha Palatnikov....
Yeah that would imply he had some kind of Russian/East European background. But I don't know, Bisping is also Brittish but his roots and name are Polish. Names don't always say the full story.

I'm kind of still curious though

On the Contender Series he was already talking about going down. After a loss like that I think it's a no-brainer.
Absolutely agree. If you're such a "bodybuilder" you should either have KO power or be good enough to submit people fast, because your cardio probably won't last long.

BRO HOLY SHIT TWO CONTENDER SERIES ALUMS?
How is this even possible?
Dana White's contender series producing two guys for the undercard? Wow What a genius this Dana White guy is to get all his fighters into the UFC like this.
INCREDIBLE.
Man is an absolute genius. I'm predicting a draw because I don't think it's possible Dana White could offer a contract to just ANYONE.
When was the last time TWO GUYS from THE CONTENDER SERIES, both made it to the UFC? WOW

Back