• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 254 - Khabib vs. Gaethje - Official thread

Im betting Gaethie too, he is the worst match up for Khabib.
Not pussy Ferguson but Gaethie.

When is the last time Khabib fought a wrestler?
Kamal Shalorus represented the UK in an Olympic tournament, Abel Trujillo had a college level background similar to Gaethje and Pat Healy too.

Surprised I'm not the sole person on Gaethje here.

Khabib has such a huge fanbase, he opened at -350, I'm hoping to be able to get Gaethje at +300.

Khabib should be bet heavily this week.

Kamal Shalorus represented the UK in an Olympic tournament, Abel Trujillo had a college level background similar to Gaethje and Pat Healy too.
I trust in Gaethies tdd, isnt he wrestling since he was 6 years Old??

Im betting Gaethie too, he is the worst match up for Khabib.
Not pussy Ferguson but Gaethie.

When is the last time Khabib fought a wrestler?

Not to fire shots but I always wondered why people say Gaethje is a wrestler when he doesn't actually do that? His TD defense % is high, but by that argument so is Barboza's. But that never mattered much against Khabib either..

Get in on Rahkmonov quick, about +140 right now, won't be surprised if he ends up the favourite come fight night

Whittaker +100 right now as well

Not to fire shots but I always wondered why people say Gaethje is a wrestler when he doesn't actually do that? His TD defense % is high, but by that argument so is Barboza's. But that never mattered much against Khabib either..
Stick to your original bet, let people think & talk what they like. Gaethje will get clapped and that will be it.
Prob would say Dont bet it now just yet wait to LB it, I do think Gaethje might win 1st maybee 2nd round too, you could get better odds.

Last edited:
I still expect Gaethje to get absolutely mauled on the ground, but it's not worth betting. He won't look anywhere near as good as he did against Ferguson imo, might go Khabib dec.

Stick to your original bet, let people think & talk what they like. Gaethje will get clapped and that will be it.
Prob would say Dont bet it now just yet wait to LB it, I do think Gaethje might win 1st maybee 2nd round too, you could get better odds.

I honestly wasn't going to bet it. I normally don't bet the main event unless there's value somewhere. Khabib by decision or submission, but otherwise I don't see the point. I think it's recency bias on the side of Gaethje 2.0 right now. I honestly see this turning into what Alvarez and Poirier did to him except on the ground. I think after a while he's going to lose his patience with being tied up and not being able to get up and just taking a beating. He's not going to put Khabib away easily and I expect Khabib to put a strain on Gaethje's cardio over the course of 5 rounds.

I don't see why people think the Justin line is off personally, nothing he's done shows he's bad match up for Khabib. He's faced more or less all strikers, and Khabib himself has faced equal or better strikers in Conor and Dustin.

Literally relying on Justin just having great TDD and/or gets ups based on nothing recent but words.

Feeling a lot of dogs this event too.

I think Cannonier is being under rated here with the money coming in on Whittaker. Cannon only has 4 losses and only one of them is 'bad'. Losing to Jan, Reyes and Glover there should be no shame, the champ, the guy who beat Jon Jones and Glover is weeks away from a title elimination bout himself.

Is Rob really going to threaten him with his power? He's went rounds with much bigger hitters. Rob is way more shop worn and injury prone, been in way more battles to the death and now he's been rocked, dropped or finished in all of his fights in the past 2/3 years too.

I see Cannonier's pressure style as much more intensity rather than a threat of chaos.

With Costa you get backed up quickly and he just unloads fury at you. Cannonier slowly walks you backwards until you feel like you have no space left to move and then he waits with his finger on the trigger, and every time he shoots he aims to kill.

A win over the Anderson Silva he beat may not be amazing but the same year Izzy was going to a decision with him and lost a round along the way. DC didn't finish Silva, Brunson lost to him. Modern era Silva has been finished 3 twice, 2 times by the Chris and in weird circumstances, and once by Cannonier, a legit leg kick KO.

Even the Hermanson win, people don't rate it but Hermanson is top 3, will be in line for a title shot with a win and again he's only been KO'ed by one other person and that was Santos.

Robert Whittaker is going to get KO'ed.

Darren Till is a bum.

I’ve got this fool on ignore so didn’t see the thread, smh

So we know that khabib can take a punch and that his striking is improving.

gaethje, the guy who says he doesn’t wrestle because of the cardio demands, will be forced to wrestle by an elite level grappler in a 5 round fight.

I see gaethje getting taking down for a few rounds until he’s subbed. Khabib has to have someone who’s going to put a pace on him and either stop his takedowns or be able to get up. I don’t think gaethje is the guy

I can’t believe Miranda maverick opened at near evens to jojua.

tuivasa is awful, I would not play him unless he was over at least +150 in this spot.

Think Whitaker showed some serious decline in the till fight. These fighters are on opposite trajectories. Whitaker is going to be too slow against fast twitch cannonier.

so there’s a few hot takes to grow on

I can’t believe Miranda maverick opened at near evens to jojua.

tuivasa is awful, I would not play him unless he was over at least +150 in this spot.

Think Whitaker showed some serious decline in the till fight. These fighters are on opposite trajectories. Whitaker is going to be too slow against fast twitch cannonier.

so there’s a few hot takes to grow on

all i wantt to say about jojua is that she lost to sarah moras at 135lb and this is 125lb. Shes young and learning. Bjj brown belt and miranda just got her purple belt. Both so fugin young

Listen I'll be the first to admit if/when I am wrong like I have on multiple occasions but Khabib has never felt the power of the leg kicks Gaethje will bring to bear. Khabib's strategy has always and will always be to back someone up to the fence and start chain wrestling until he gets position and then not let up. The problem is he has never faced someone who just completely walks forward and says fuck it, I'll kill or be killed. Anyone can be cracked, anyone can have the pressure applied to get knocked out and Justin brings that power. Justin says he doesn't wrestle because it exhausts him but he is talking about offensive wrestling. He is talking about trying to take people down and dominate them when he would rather stand and bang. I think Justin's defensive wrestling is what will make this fight. And the fucking leg kicks. If he lands 10-12 of his thunderous leg kicks, this fight is completely his for the taking.

Then again, Khabib could just take him down and fuck his mouth. At +250 I'm happy to take a chance on my gut for 1/8th of what I have made this year.

Back