UFC 249 Gaethje vs Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious how they grade that with 249 never happening, they've moved on to 250
I didn't see any indication online that they are skipping UFC 249 in name and calling the next card UFC 250. Wouldn't shock me if they did that, but I didn't read anything mentioning that yet.

Well I think the May 9th event will still be UFC 249 by name, just taking place on a different date... Right? Wouldn't make sense to just have a number skipped, it's just a number

I didn't see any indication online that they are skipping UFC 249 in name and calling the next card UFC 250. Wouldn't shock me if they did that, but I didn't read anything mentioning that yet.

That's how they've done it in the past, UFC 176 for example. I'm pretty sure this May 9th card will go down as UFC 250

That's how they've done it in the past, UFC 176 for example. I'm pretty sure this May 9th card will go down as UFC 250

Suppose it saves them changing the names of every card going ahead.

I said this prior to UFC 249 being cancelled at Tachi, and I think it still applies. The public perception and politics involved are the biggest factor for ESPN/Disney. I really don't think Dana is doing any favors for them with the interviews that he does. There has already been backlash about WWE. At some point, it's likely that ESPN/Disney do not think this is worth the risk. I think this will be a waiting game to see how the #s look and the nations perception of where were are at with COVID.
ESPN may as well not air anything, tank UFC value then buy it when Endevour/Silver Lake/whoever else can't make payments. Cut out the middle man...

Why May 9th? It is not like it take place on the island and have to build from the ground up. It is at the APEX that is already build, why not next week or end of the month? I got a feeling this ufc 250 card will get shut down too. Anywhere I could bet this ufc card won't take place or take place?

Why May 9th? It is not like it take place on the island and have to build from the ground up. It is at the APEX that is already build, why not next week or end of the month? I got a feeling this ufc 250 card will get shut down too. Anywhere I could bet this ufc card won't take place or take place?
Bovada had odds on whether there would be a card on May 9th. I got +275 that there would be a UFC card held on May 9th and also +145 that there would be a card on "Fight Island" in 2020. I'm sure the UFC is taking multiple things into consideration with waiting until May 9th including allowing some time for public perception to improve, to get people like Disney execs, the athletic commissions and politicians on board as well as logistical reasons since they have to put a lot of talent and crew together all over again.

I'd take that action. Odds for it to happen are +275, I'll give you evens.

I think this card will go ahead

Florida are ok with sports so they have a location. If the UFC get desperate why not do it on fightpass?

A lot of the fighters on this card are ATT and Florida has deemed wrestling essential and is letting that go a head, so Florida is looking like a possible candidate too.

I'd take that action. Odds for it to happen are +275, I'll give you evens.
Not sure why would you give me even when the odd is +275. I would assume they no longer offer that bet or the odd got bet down. I can not find the 'bet' JimGunn mention on bodog.

Sure I take a 'friendly' bet of $100 cdn or $100 usd. We use bitcoin equivalent base on xe.com rate?

Not sure why would you give me even when the odd is +275. I would assume they no longer offer that bet or the odd got bet down. I can not find the 'bet' JimGunn mention on bodog.

Sure I take a 'friendly' bet of $100 cdn or $100 usd. We use bitcoin equivalent base on xe.com rate?

They removed the line now, and when it was open it was maxed out at $120. But yeah let's do it, $100 USD, if it happens May 9th I win, if not you win.

They removed the line now, and when it was open it was maxed out at $120. But yeah let's do it, $100 USD, if it happens May 9th I win, if not you win.
This is the easiest money you will make all year. Congrats.

Unless it's just for show this nut actually cut down to 155. Assuming he actually ends up fighting on the 9th anybody think cutting twice may hurt his performance?

Doesn't seem like he drops much weight but seems like an odd choice since he just has to do it all over in about 3 weeks

locked. No excuse, just ufc card happen or not happen on May 9th bet. If asteroid crash APEX or Dana White catch rona, no card on May 9th, I win $100 usd by bitcoin transfer. If ufc card happen in May 8th or 10th, I still wins, May 9th you wins.

Love the bet, win win for me. I miss ufc/mma money.

I favour Francis to land a bomb early and put Rozenstruik away, round one KO is the most likely outcome. Great insight, I know...

I wouldn't even be that surprised to see Francis bring some sort of grappling or wrestling to the table(Just because Rozenstruik is so weak in this area and Francis has struggled here before so he's likely worked on his grappling and wrestling a fair bit and may want to show what he's got), nothing fancy but enough to at least get Rozenstruik thinking about it and at best end up on top with a messy take down, where I would expect him to finish also.

I very likely wont play Francis though, the line is wide and his round 1 or straight KO price isn't going to be much better, either.

I do see a path for Rozenstruik. He has the cleaner crisper straight shots and seems to land them from nowhere. These straight shots from a fighter that survives a wild first 2 minutes could be a huge weapon.

If Francis goes nuts early and doesn't get the finish he could find himself slightly slower and having to wait to move in agian, then I think he's in trouble. I'm not saying he can't win as the fight goes on, if it does, I just think as the clock counts down so do his chances of landing the big shot.

Rozenstruik we have seen go the distance against an excellent striker, and while he didn't look great and probably lost every round he did remain competitive and he also did have the power right up until the very last few seconds of the last round to finish Overeem.

If Francis is caught coming in with an accurate left hand it could certainly stun him and Rozenstruik could follow up. I don't think he drops Francis dead with one shot but one clean shot could be the start of the end.

Betting strategy.. Potentially a small play on Francis round one KO, if I bet this pre fight at all.. And then look to Rozenstruik live if I feel I see a momentum shift or a tired Francis.

We do have to keep in mind that 2 of Francis' last wins are against completely washed and cooked fighters in Cain and JDS and his only really notable wins are against Blaydes, which I feel was maybe a little early but acceptable stoppage, and Reem - Who Rozenstruik also beat.

I have no doubt Rozenstruik would also flatten Cain and JDS and I believe Blaydes is the only real divider in terms of competition level.

Probably a live bet fight ultimately

We do have to keep in mind that 2 of Francis' last wins are against completely washed and cooked fighters in Cain and JDS and his only really notable wins are against Blaydes, which I feel was maybe a little early but acceptable stoppage, and Reem - Who Rozenstruik also beat.
You make some good points. I would add that Rozenstruik's best wins came over two guys who's chins Ngannou probably destroyed in Arlovski and Overeem.
Ngannou's ko over the Reem is probably the best uppercut I've ever seen. No clue how they managed to put Alistair's head back on straight though.

Still not sure why they let the Predator bring his weapons in the octagon either.

You make some good points. I would add that Rozenstruik's best wins came over two guys who's chins Ngannou probably destroyed in Arlovski and Overeem.
Ngannou's ko over the Reem is probably the best uppercut I've ever seen. No clue how they managed to put Alistair's head back on straight though.

Still not sure why they let the Predator bring his weapons in the octagon either.

I think Reem and Arlovski's chins had long been cracked, both gentleman love an Octo-nap, but agreed, the extra damage Francis put on them probably didn't help them when it came to fighting Rozenstruik.

Again I do favour Francis and I expect he probably makes quick work of it, but I do also see the path for Rozenstruik.

It's big black heavy weights, anything can happen.

... Just imagine we get a staring contest, oh god...

Yeah hopefully it won't be a stand off. Good to see Ngannou working on his hand speed though.

Ngannu has blue balls for fighting he hasn't been able to get an opponent for a long time. There will be no staring contest he's starving to ko someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back