• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 248 PBP/Discussion

Announcers acting like Emmers easily got this? Bizarre. Rd 2 determines it, and it was very close imo.

lol, he reversed emmers in round 2 and had him on queer streets. some people are just pathetic. Emmers didnt achieve much in round 2 and got hit clean several times, not a debatable round imo.

Announcers acting like Emmers easily got this? Bizarre. Rd 2 determines it, and it was very close imo.
He did have the late rally, had me worried.
I think Giga's problem is he is a power puncher vs mma pressure fighters.
I quit wrestling in high school because I got bored of running, well that and women

Yea I thought round 2 was close. I didn’t like the body language from giga and gave it to emmers

hard to guess what the judges are scoring when we have no rule definitions

even if it’s new rules who knows what the judges are scoring

He did have the late rally, had me worried.
Main problem is he doesnt have a jab, throwing wild overhand right hooks all fight long will get you very tired very fast.

Should’ve just laid off that live line. I saw giga gas hard after that burst midway through rd2 and figured he was cooked.

Good judging, round 1 and 2 were pretty clearly for Chikadze and round three for Emmers. Emmers showed some questionable fight iq imo. He should have brought the fight to the ground way earlier and subsequently put more pressure on Chikadze in round 3, who by that point was just a walking zombie.

It was back and forth round 2, with giga starting to slow at the end of the round.

So the ufc absolutely wants Izzy and zhang to win tonight. We all like to think that didn’t factor into to judging

myself however, am not convinced these guys are totally neutral

Good judging, round 1 and 2 were pretty clearly for Chikadze and round three for Emmers. Emmers showed some questionable fight iq imo. He should have brought the fight to the ground way earlier and subsequently put more pressure on Chikadze in round 3, who by that point was just a walking zombie.
Yeah if he started the grappling exchanges in the first round Chika was prob f'd. Chika bettors bailed out by Emmer's potato iq.

Main problem is he doesnt have a jab, throwing wild overhand right hooks all fight long will get you very tired very fast.
Agreed, only thing I can think is he was looking for counters but even a faint would have been nice. Will probably bet against him next time.

The Bad Guy and the savage make good points about JJ

I don’t think any emmers backers thought he wasn’t going to attempt a takedown in rd 1

he was far too comfortable relying on his striking. Pretty dumb considering that’s where giga was stronger and he’s shown that wrestling saps his cardio

So the ufc absolutely wants Izzy and zhang to win tonight. We all like to think that didn’t factor into to judging

myself however, am not convinced these guys are totally neutral
100% zhang has a round penciled in pre-fight by judge. China market is massive and Dana shitting on Joanna in an unrelated video is usually sign he's rooting for the opponent.

I quit wrestling in high school because I got bored of running, well that and women
To me he is is too skinny to play the power puncher role. This shit tires you a lot, unless you have good built, thick core muscles and shit... For the torque that your body have to produce to punch hard you a need a stable structure AKA - muscles.
He would be much, much better if he plays the distance game and put less weight into these punches and more speed and trickery.
Let's go gm3!
close split dec. where we argue about the winner incomming

Back