UFC 232 PBP/Discussion

I think Jones beats DC even at HW...but fuck telling him at 40 years old to cut back down to 205. Go up to HW and see who's better when there are no weight restrictions on either of you.

DC isn't cutting weight ever, Jones needs to go to HW if he wants that and idk why he wouldn't really.

I mean cmon now... why is Jones ducking HW? Guy has to walk around at like 230 lbs. Why should DC have to suck his body dry and fight at a weight that he has to obviously cut a shit ton of weight just to get to? Jones won the first fight, and failed a drug test the second. I get it, people will say Jon won twice, but Jon owes DC a clean fight and DC should rightfully be able to call the shots. If Jon wants to cement his legacy and be able to call himself "champ champ" then go to HW and fight. Not like he doesn't have the size.

I think Jones beats DC even at HW...but fuck telling him at 40 years old to cut back down to 205. Go up to HW and see who's better when there are no weight restrictions on either of you.

Exactly, how can Jones argue his GOAT status when he won't compete at HW? No weight restrictions just fight. You tryna tell me Jones fights at like 210 on fight night? Yea fucking right. No weight cut, just a CLEAN, NATURAL fight. That proves who the better man is.

Listen: Winkeljohn camp is great, IF your name is Jon Jones and you fight @ 205. First Jon is incredible athlete with amazing frame for the division, and his mind works like the mind of a psycho, he is very very smart.. Second, the weightclass is not particulary tough, except the top 2-3 fighters. And he is one of these 2-3 fighters.
So Wink can't make Bevon for example a world beater because he is fighting at tougher division and he does not have the attributes that Jon has. He has some, but you have to have them all to make his game work.

@kevinramsdell, Jon knows that DC's best chance to beat him is at HW. DC has very real puncher's chance and it's not like he didn't hit him really really hard both time they fought. But 205 DC hits nothing like 250 DC IMO. And Jones' opinion.

Jones is smart, he'll never go to HW unless it's to fight Brock.

I could figure something out sure, or sign up somewhere else. But to really feel like I was doing it right I'd need to watch tape. And I just don't have time to do it. The $ for me was never a big deal. Maybe someday when my kid is grown up and I have a lot more free time I'll dive back in. For now I'm content being on the sidelines.

Wow man, hey you being content is all that matters. Content and happy that is. Thats so low though, i´d never think pinnacle would do such things, i thought that was THE place, same with 5dimes. really odd since some others bet thousands and are allowed. But much more because you´re by far one of the best betters, wont call it talent, that´d be to take away from it, rather you got hard work, experience, great learning ability, intuition and know what to look for, you´re damm good at it. Definitely if you ever gonna go back to it family members and friends is a way. I wish tehre was something to prevent those bastards from just limiting though, so disgusting. At least its happened at a time where it couldnt fit better. Definitely appreciate hearing your thoughts always, so much knowledge and gold nuggets. Happy you´re still here to share your thoughts and enjoy the fights, even more impressive with you not watching tape, memory can be a tricky friend at times, but just shows how much knowledge and experience you got, superb skill.

Well I come out on top tonight as usual, big win thanks to the underdogs. Siyar and Lewis both had very winnable fights but couldn't execute the gameplan

Nunes W
Chiesa W
Volkanovski W
Wood W
Lewis L
Siyar L

Nunes is my most profitable female fighter ever. 4-1 betting on her and she's won as an underdog for me 3 times. I predicted her success from contender to double champ. My only fade on her was the 2nd Valentina fight but I learned my lesson.

Mendes circle jerk failed
Cyborg cirlcle jerk failed
Condit circle jerk failed

Down 1.5U, would of been up 1U if I didn't bite on the Cyborg line.

Dianabol, I respectfully disagree. In the sense that I don't think there were very hard circle jerks about these fights. Most of the guys knew the fights were competitive and hard to predict.

I personally didn't research anything about Volk fight, just saw that te guy hits pretty hard and this made me very concerned for Mendes and I knew Mendes don't work with Duane so no amazing striking coach advantage here.

Chiesa was obvious winner - in my book at least. I was little worried that he can be submitted because he is that agressive with his grappling and sometimes gets reckless.

And I was confident in Nunes to the degree to bet her... IN A PARLAY!

If I were Cormier, I would tell the UFC to fuck themselves and refuse to fight Jones, fight Lesnar, win, then retire.

I'm very aware of the seedy side of MMA, from the vast majority of top fighters taking anabolics and/or growth hormone, massive organized crime involvement, fixed fights, intentionally biased judging for/against a fighter, etc. but even for me, the degree of naked corruption for Jon Jones on every level, from USADA, to the CSAC to the UFC is downright comical.

Again, I would love it if Cormier simply refused to play their game.

Down 1.5U, would of been up 1U if I didn't bite on the Cyborg line.
I didn’t have play on cyborg until a few hours ago. Fell for that line.

First losing week in months. Was bound to happen eventually. Mma is too unpredictable to win every time. Can’t cap for fight ending toe eye pokes

If I were Cormier, I would tell the UFC to fuck themselves and refuse to fight Jones, fight Lesnar, win, then retire.

I'm very aware of the seedy side of MMA, from the vast majority of top fighters taking anabolics and/or growth hormone, massive organized crime involvement, fixed fights, intentionally biased judging for/against a fighter, etc. but even for me, the degree of naked corruption for Jon Jones on every level, from USADA, to the CSAC to the UFC is downright comical.

Again, I would love it if Cormier simply refused to play their game.
By “fixed fights” do you mean fighters regularly takes dives? Or am I misinterpreting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back