UFC 231 PBP/Discussion

not a superb night but up by 4u. see ya next week.

Conor would starch him. Max has improved massively but the power that Conor has early in the fight is undeniable and would put Max out at 155.

The only way to beat Conor in the first 2 rounds is if your name is Khabib lol.

Would have made an absolute killing if it wasnt for Laprise. I'm going to be a lot more cautious with -300 favs.
Laprise should never fight again in the UFC after this embarrassing defeat over a guy who was on losing streak, could easily have ended him but nope lol. I am surper happy for Max Holloway, his back in his prime. lol loved how he was taunting TC "Come at me Bro!"

2 bets for 2 wins. It's bets like these that make me want to go back to max betting 5U on my solid picks. Max Holloway is the king of kings!

Sometimes you gotta take risks.

I was so incredibly confident in these two, so half of my bankroll went on them. I would've bet it all, but it's MMA.

Big time Congrats. You are 100% right about risks. Again congrats

Gunni, Blessed and O3.5 were my biggest plays

Got pulled out of the dumpster by my biggest bet of all time hitting. Also plays on Holloway R4, KO4, 4/5/Dec and fight ends ITD.

Conor would starch him. Max has improved massively but the power that Conor has early in the fight is undeniable and would put Max out at 155.

The only way to beat Conor in the first 2 rounds is if your name is Khabib lol.

I think max will swallow him

Thinking (after the fight ended) was I right to blab about not betting on that main event or not? What I'll say is - yes and no. Look, after Max won it's easy to say his odds were stupid, even when Ortega was fighting his best he was far from the win.

This shit is close to what JDS v Tai was. More or less overmatched opponent and we got nice odds on the proven commodity. BUT WE KNOW TAI IS GOING TO FIGHT UNTIL HE IS DEAD, THE SAME WITH ORTEGA. Much rather bet against decent opponent who is going to fight safe and lose at his best 2-1 decision (3-2 if 5 rounds), than on bad opponent who is gonna fight to the last drop of blood.

I have to agree that you people that were betting thousands on Holloway had good arguments, but it's just not my cup of tea to bet against limited fighters, but so dangerous fighters. And I don't even count the medical issues.

Thinking (after the fight ended) was I right to blab about not betting on that main event or not? What I'll say is - yes and no. Look, after Max won it's easy to say his odds were stupid, even when Ortega was fighting his best he was far from the win.

This shit is close to what JDS v Tai was. More or less overmatched opponent and we got nice odds on the proven commodity. BUT WE KNOW TAI IS GOING TO FIGHT UNTIL HE IS DEAD, THE SAME WITH ORTEGA. Much rather bet against decent opponent who is going to fight safe and lose at his best 2-1 decision, than on bad opponent who is gonna fight to the last drop of blood.

I have to agree that you people that were betting thousands on Holloway had good arguments, but it's just not my cup of tea to bet against limited fighters, but so dangerous fighters. And I don't even count the medical issues.
You were wrong. Max was the right side.

This shit is close to what JDS v Tai was. More or less overmatched opponent and we got nice odds on the proven commodity. BUT WE KNOW TAI IS GOING TO FIGHT UNTIL HE IS DEAD, THE SAME WITH ORTEGA. Much rather bet against decent opponent who is going to fight safe and lose at his best 2-1 decision, than on bad opponent who is gonna fight to the last drop of blood.

Kyle...if you did not bet plz just dont say anything.

This shit is close to what JDS v Tai was. More or less overmatched opponent and we got nice odds on the proven commodity. BUT WE KNOW TAI IS GOING TO FIGHT UNTIL HE IS DEAD, THE SAME WITH ORTEGA. Much rather bet against decent opponent who is going to fight safe and lose at his best 2-1 decision (3-2 if 5 rounds), than on bad opponent who is gonna fight to the last drop of blood.

Holloway owned and I put my money where my mouth was. Ortega is a great fighter but is just one in a long line of hype trains.

Case Closed.

Think I was on the wrong side of the split tonight With chook. Thought she won but it was close. And I was going to play eye. Odds should’ve dictated that play.

Manuwa almost had that itd. Santos just wanted it more. Fading his chin has cost me.

Played jj too heavy cause of the line. I thought shev would win but didn’t think she’d be so dominant. The weight class difference really showed. Shev just out muscled her in the clinch. Dominant performance

Playing Claudia red flags was smart. Great value on Nina. Claudia needs to be atva legit camp. She’s really on a downward spiral

Holloway owned and I put my money where my mouth was. Ortega is a great fighter but is just one in a long line of hype trains.

Case Closed.
Close this case, y’all. I’ve been beating this drum for a while. Congrats my dude

Max has straight cleared out the division. Time for paydays with McGregor Khabib and Ferg

Darren Elkins would fight to the end.... But I ain't taking him at -120 against Holloway

Forgot I had Max ITD +410 too, huge win: Max in round 4 was my second best outcome in the main event. My biggest UFC card ever, my biggest gambling day ever with a clean sweep on Glory this afternoon too.

Last edited:
Back