UFC 229 Post Fight Press Conference

Violence isn't deemed as an appropriate "consequence" to speech. Which is why the law punishes the use of violence.

If not for the special circumstance of Khabib belonging to a fighting organization, where fighters are generally given a pass, he would be looking at potential jail time right now. Even Conor was taken away in cuffs for his coked-out assault on Khabib's bus.

33945_original.jpg

If I punch somebody's lights out because they have insulted my "religion", that's good game for me. I'd be looking at a pretty big lawsuit in that scenario.

For anybody looking to get all macho in defense of their religion or whatever, I'd advise against it, because the law does protect speech, but it does not protect assault.

I see what you are saying from your well thought out eloquent response, but —- race, ethnic, gender, color, religion, orientation has no basis in sports. If A black fighter was called a deragatory term and called slave or N word, you ok with it? If a mexican was taunted with racial slurs you ok with it? List can keep going....

Free speech to some folk is like a pass to verbally abuse and assault others and that is accepted by a certain demographic or a sell out. Some demographics like to snitch and are weak. Some demographics think it is ok but get put in their place. Just how things are. If you say things like this at work, you are fired. It’s a double standard.

You don’t involve politics in these events too. Do you think these folks from that region took offence to Conor’s words? Those guys actually fought in wars. Khabib may have moved on but it’s possible folks from that side may not have. This is why there is more responsibility on Dana and UFC to avoid things that can offend folks other then the fighter as it creates a huge risk. A fight should be a fight in a mature manner, not with these things.

Dana is a clown.

He acts all heartbroken about how things turned out, meanwhile, completely washes his hands of the UFC's role in it. Yes, you can change the way fighters promote because you are handing out paychecks.

The bullshit about the bus incident not requiring any sanctions from the UFC's side is pathetic. Yes Dana, you set the stage for this shitshow by letting Conor know that he can cross any line he wants without repercussions. You allowed Danis and the rest of the crew to sink deeper into their pretend gangster delusion and you made it clear to Khabib's team that this kind of behavior is a part of the sport. This is the result.

Dana is a pathetic cuck when it comes to Conor. Not surprised, motherfuckers

6.5 million views in within 12 hours. That's extraordinary.

Rightly or wrongly, I'd be amazed if they didn't do a rematch. If this PPV did indeed get 2 - 3 million PPV buys, the next would be even bigger.

Khabib is so mad that conor made him 20mil he had to start a mele to get him back

Dana's inability to recognize his own culpability in these incidents are borderline retarded. They've allowed Conor to get away with slander for years now. Calling Siver a Nazi, mocking RDA's children, insulting Brazil vs Aldo, the fucking buss-incident. The worst thing Conor ever got was a slap to the wrist. And now he's shocked, SHOCKED that one of these incidents boil over, all while he's fanning the flames? What a fucking pathetic excuse for a human being.

Dana is a clown.

He acts all heartbroken about how things turned out, meanwhile, completely washes his hands of the UFC's role in it. Yes, you can change the way fighters promote because you are handing out paychecks.

The bullshit about the bus incident not requiring any sanctions from the UFC's side is pathetic. Yes Dana, you set the stage for this shitshow by letting Conor know that he can cross any line he wants without repercussions. You allowed Danis and the rest of the crew to sink deeper into their pretend gangster delusion and you made it clear to Khabib's team that this kind of behavior is a part of the sport. This is the result.
Can't wait to see what the UFC comes up with to promote Woodley vs Colby :rolleyes:

Did anyone stop to think what would've happened if Khabib was a Religious Jew?
How would anti semetic comments and remarks of Mr. Mcgregor fly thru?
If instead of calling the muslim a terroist,
you'd call him a jew long nosed sneaky fucker, or a jew rat?
Yes, this won't happen in lovely america.
But calling a muslim terrorist, thats somewhat acceptable .
Heck, lets even worship this guy, and promote that sort of behavior!!!
This is a sin we're somewhat all guilty of, and Khabib has definitely changed the game.
(BTW: I'm a jew. before all you cohen brothers get anti semetic on me)
He wanted to ruin the entertainment aspect of it,
we needed to get this sad low depressing ending.
No more happy hollywood bullshit. This is the way russians do it.
This is reality, and he is a genius for finishing it this way.
Time to stop being racists, you cant call a muslim a terrorist.
fuck all abrahamic religions

Another Dana White dumpster fire he encourage, created and reaps the benefits from. He encourage Conor and his antics as long as it makes him money, viewers, Fox etc...he is as much to blame for this crap as anybody. Second, security is a joke, they need to have multiple guys all over these fights, yet they had one dufus do a half ass job of trying to contain Khabib, who flew the coup is a split second. And of course, Conor's coner started all the shit talk and screaming taunting Khabib after he didn't let the crank go fast enough I guess. Waaaa...waaaa.

What was really the BS was Khabib's corner jumping and and landing a few shots on McGregory...should have went after his team instead...Khabib put enough of a beat down on Conor.

Anyway, nothing more to see here I guess. Conor will get the pass as always, Dana will once again welcome him back with open arms and try and make the fight happen for a rematch, which is a waste of time, Khabib beats Conor 10/10 times easily...the fight wasn't even close.

Lets not forget how this beef started. Khabob threatened McChicken's coach on twitter a while back for making a joke about the 'religion of peace' and then later on Khabob put his hands on one of McChicken's teammates (which his teammate might have provoked but I can't remember why.) This is what led to the bus incident. It's been a gradually escalating feud that culminated in a brawl on live TV after one of the biggest fights in the history of the sport.

I'm not a big fan of Khabib as a person but I don't like the way Conor behaves either and I despise the way Dana and the commissions let him get away with it (letting him dodge bad matchups, putting his hands on people, throwing dollies at busses. etc.) What khabib just did today may have (in my opinion) not just ruined Conor's career but nuked the UFC from orbit and left them at his mercy.

Not only did he just demolish Conor but now Conor can't promote his fights by pretending to be a cocky trash talking gangsta (at least with khabib.) and if he tries to, it wont get nearly as much traction as he used to since everyone knows he's not as good or as tough as he says he is.

As for the UFC, he just beat their biggest drawn, did a heel turn, and drew god-only-knows how many eyes with that brawl. If they cut him he can go fight for another promotion and take all the eyes that are on him with him. If he does this not only will it hurt the UFC in the short term, the UFC's reputation depends on having the best fighters in the sport and they'll have cut the best lightweight on the market right now. This can hurt them for years.

More WWE for everyone...Conor brought all of this on.

.....first amendment protects your rights to exercise free speech, it doesn't grant you magical immunity from the consequences, simpleton
If those consequences are assault, well laws against assault protect you from that. Khabib should have familiarized himself with American laws and customs and followed them.

Didn't need another excuse to never watch the UFC again but now I have it. What a fucking disgrace. They'll never get another dollar from me.

Yawn. You lot here said the same bullshit when Diaz beat McGregor and then McGregor came back and beat Diaz.

"Oh, he's been exposed"
"Oh, he sucks, he can't talk trash now"

McGregor handled defeat well last time. IDK what he will do this time. The Irish will remain loyal to him and a shit load of weekned warriors are McGregor fans. They won't abandon him this time like they didn't last time.

Goddamn, the live chat from this is flying past like movie credits on FF.

Back