UFC 229 Official Poster: Khabib vs. McGregor

https://www.si.com/mma/2018/08/22/conor-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov-ufc-229-poster
Stupid

“The world is watching”. Wasn’t that quote they used before every wwf ppv back in the day

Comparing hairlines I see, bold move.

It'll do I suppose. Not that I really care much about event posters. I don't think I actually remember a single one.

I'm not understanding the focus of this marketing. Why the focus on two countries that have never had a historical beef with each other? The UFC has champs from different countries all the time. What makes this one more world worthy than any of the others? Seems like a bigger stretch than their Mexican Cain campaign.

What do you expect? They've barely promoted the event, they probably couldn't care less about a poster.
That's the problem. They have one of the biggest fights in UFC history and they're not promoting it at all. Fans like to be hyped for a big event, and this poster is just another example that they apparently forgot how to market things.

Bland as fuck. For the biggest card of the year you'd think they would come up with some epic shit but nope just the same white background with two faces on it. The flags in their eyes looks gay as fuck too.
Biggest fight in UFC history very likely:

Build up since 2014
McGregor's UFC return
#DollyGate
Highest selling Gate of all time

This is what happens in the WME Error, where they penny pinch like crazy and would never do something like the UFC 189 World Tour.

Last edited:
A bit bland but better than something pretentious and over the top

They should have gone with something like this:

32491387ab6600d894a424b7e25e3c20.jpg

An official poster like that would be epic.

What's with the tiger?
Shouldn't Conor be standing next a Leprechaun, or maybe a giant potato?

That's horrible. I've seen fan made ones that are a million times better.

The flags in the eyes are a bit weak in my opinion. It's just a standard poster with colored eyes.

The fight is all that matters, though.

Last edited:
The fuck? No Artem in the poster? They are not even trying to sell this shit.

Back