UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Smolka were drinking himself to sleep (with mouthwash if needed) i must say he have done a good job hanging in there in the octagon so far.
I do favour Nicolau but he isn't any Terminator with a skillset Smolka never seen before.
+300 I'm not sure I like it but I gambled a little in this game of gamble. 0.5u

Glenn's fight with Nover looked so unimpressive, he barely beat that bum. After that fight Glenn went to TAM and everyone that goes to TAM seems to improve and get good results, I'm trying to think who doesn't.

Rick Glenn looked great in his last fight but his opponent kind of beat himself. Tucker gassed bad after the 1st round and had nothing left at that point. Tucker was an overhyped Candian prospect, Glenn exposed him.

Jury ain't gonna gas out like Tucker though and I think he can keep up with Glenn's pace. On the ground I'm assuming Jury will have a big advantage. Jury is also decent wrestler, his whole game is well rounded. Jury has been training at Alliance MMA, I don't like how inactive he's been over recent years but he looked like a beast in his last fight and you can't deny the talent.

Will Rick Glenn pull of the upset again? I don't think so but I can't bet against him.

Nover sort of has a knack for making fighters look bad. I honestly can't think of a fighter who has looked great against him.

I was trying to tell people that Glenn was going to make it a good fight with Tucker. People were parlaying the shit out of Tucker. Tucker didn't just gas himself out. Glenn won the first round.

I've been watching Glenn for a long time. He's going to make it a fight with most people. He can push a high pace and has great cardio. He pulled a similar upset over Karakhanyan to where he just beat the fuck out of him once he took over. I can definitely see him giving Jury some trouble as I don't see Jury finishing him. +220 was a no brainer.

Glenn wont give up thats for sure, he have a great heart and will fight to the end he also have some great cardio to back it up with. I took Glenn at +210 and would probably have played him at +150 aswell.

Magny

-surprised got condit fight, been trying to get him for 2 years
-should have taken more time in-between fight, getting cleared by docs correctly.
-matches up well, height, cardio, ji jitsu, striking all very even
-training camp going well with some new guys joining team, MT, kickboxing guys, brandon thatch etc
-weight cuts going well, balanced diet well, never had any issue with weight cut.
-getting wed soon but its up to wife to decide dates and times.
-plans on a ko or sub but wants his hand raised regardless
-says condits a vet, the age and long lay off wont effect condit in his opinion
-making the right adjustments to let his body and injuries heal properly before stepping into cage, and this time waiting for docs approval.

Has omari fought a spaw in ufc? Its going to affect his double leg entry.

Nover sort of has a knack for making fighters look bad. I honestly can't think of a fighter who has looked great against him.

I was trying to tell people that Glenn was going to make it a good fight with Tucker. People were parlaying the shit out of Tucker. Tucker didn't just gas himself out. Glenn won the first round.

I've been watching Glenn for a long time. He's going to make it a fight with most people. He can push a high pace and has great cardio. He pulled a similar upset over Karakhanyan to where he just beat the fuck out of him once he took over. I can definitely see him giving Jury some trouble as I don't see Jury finishing him. +220 was a no brainer.
Wish i would have listened to you. It cost me 5u. Im not underestimating glenn again

He could have been banned in the politics section. Doesn't take much if you are not into the group think over there.
You mean the group that preaches tolerance at everyone is the most intolerant people around? Ironic how that works huh

He was getting dominated by Karakhanyan and didn't take over until he lucked into Georgi breaking a rib

I watched every Rick Glenn fight ever and he never wins comfortably...its always a grind to at best a close decision.

That said I bet him vs Gavin Tucker because Tucker sucks. Myles Jury however doesn't suck, and is going to destroy Glenn. I'd be really surprised to see Glenn pull off an upset against by far the best fighter he will face.

He was getting dominated by Karakhanyan and didn't take over until he lucked into Georgi breaking a rib

I watched every Rick Glenn fight ever and he never wins comfortably...its always a grind to at best a close decision.

That said I bet him vs Gavin Tucker because Tucker sucks. Myles Jury however doesn't suck, and is going to destroy Glenn. I'd be really surprised to see Glenn pull off an upset against by far the best fighter he will face.

Aren't you supposed to be a stats guy? Most of Glenn's wins are finishes.

Glenn isn't someone that I always back. Dunham was a horrible matchup for him up a weight class and I gladly played Dunham as a moderate/heavy favorite. Dunham's so skilled everywhere, has a very high output, and cardio to match. There wasn't really a place to exploit. I'm not seeing that with Jury. I think Glenn can give him trouble standing and in the clinch.

Aren't you supposed to be a stats guy? Most of Glenn's wins are finishes.

Glenn isn't someone that I always back. Dunham was a horrible matchup for him up a weight class and I gladly played Dunham as a moderate/heavy favorite. Dunham's so skilled everywhere, has a very high output, and cardio to match. There wasn't really a place to exploit. I'm not seeing that with Jury. I think Glenn can give him trouble standing and in the clinch.

His finishes have come mostly against mega-scrubs. Technically Georgi was a finish even though he just broke a rib while wrestlefucking Glenn, not like Rick did much to cause that.

Glenn can't comfortably outstrike any respectable low level guy...Nover, Rofi, Hernandez. No way does he have any advantage in that regard vs Jury. At best he hangs in without getting totally dominated on foot, at worst he gets totally dominated.

U wanted to bet a juiced Myles Jury so badly that you watched 20+ Rick Glenn fights?

Probably old news but looks like Marlon is not stepping up and barring some miracle, Rivera is off the card.

U wanted to bet a juiced Myles Jury so badly that you watched 20+ Rick Glenn fights?

I was exaggerating...I watched the 5-6 fights I could find before he fought Gavin Tucker, because I wanted to bet him vs Tucker.

It wasn't an inspiring film review, but I saw enough to bet him vs Tucker as the underdog bc Tucker hype was irrational and it seemed like a good stylistic matchup bc of Glenn's pressure + reach advantage.

It was also fairly obvious that Glenn has low upside overall, and I don't buy that the Tucker fight was Glenn's big breakout rather than Tucker proving to be fraudulent. I think he's going to look bad as he climbs to higher levels of competition.

Jury isn't perfect but both of his losses are to elite talents, and most of his issues against them came on the ground where Glenn poses zero threat. He also dominated Diego Sanchez and Michael Johnson, and I have a hard time seeing Rick Glenn posing any unique challenge that neither of those guys did.

There's some possibility that Glenn is massively improved and Jury flakes, but all things considered this has pretty good odds of being ezmode win for Jury

Last edited:
If Smolka were drinking himself to sleep (with mouthwash if needed) i must say he have done a good job hanging in there in the octagon so far.
I do favour Nicolau but he isn't any Terminator with a skillset Smolka never seen before.
+300 I'm not sure I like it but I gambled a little in this game of gamble. 0.5u

If Smolka doesn't get his hands raised, he's probably out of UFC very soon.

Khabib should get this win pretty comfortably if he doesn't get a crazy knee by Barboza.

I don’t understand what happened w Rivera-Moraes. Moraes kept saying the fight needs to be on his terms (regarding weight), Rivera agrees to 145, and Moraes withdraws?! Did Moraes think Rivera wasn’t going to accept or did he underestimate the weight cut/difficulty of fighting 3x in such a short amount of time

I don’t understand what happened w Rivera-Moraes. Moraes kept saying the fight needs to be on his terms (regarding weight), Rivera agrees to 145, and Moraes withdraws?! Did Moraes think Rivera wasn’t going to accept or did he underestimate the weight cut/difficulty of fighting 3x in such a short amount of time
I would guess his management advised him against it

I always assume there is a lot more going on behind the scenes in the negotiations.

Has omari fought a spaw in ufc? Its going to affect his double leg entry.

Not sure, but I do think his big issue is that he hasn't fought anybody nearly on Vettori's level.

All of his wins are against guys who flamed out of the UFC shortly thereafter. Only guy who stuck around is Alhassan who sucks.

His losses to Moraes and Zaleski arent bad bc he didnt get dominated leading up to the finish, but those guys never dominate anybody.

Vettori’s loss vs Shoeface more impressive than any of Omari’s wins. His triangle on Duda was beautiful. And he showed great striking vs Miranda— he didn't get touched outside of leg kicke.

Vettori looks like a rising star who is well rounded with no strong weaknesses going against an ordinary journeyman. This is prob best bet of the card

Gonna have quite a nice underdog lucky 15 here I think and few doublesand trebles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back