• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 215 - Johnson vs. Borg - Alberta, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need a line up on PPV buys for this event.

O/U 125k ?
This isn't getting near that many buys. Most bars won't even show this let alone households buying it. 75-100k IMO...May as well move it to Fox. Definitely cut Borg though; have to send a message that missing weight isn't acceptable. How often does it happen in boxing?

Doubt cej takes it 3 losses in a row 2 title losses kinda puts him in no mans land. Especially when you consider how he got murked first time is he really taking that fight again on 24 hrs notice? I guess ufc could pressure him tho. Im just hoping he doesnt fucks my fuckin double up no end if he does

Can we talk about how crazy it is that Ilir Latifi is now +120 vs Tyson Pedro?

--He has most strength and best wrestling of any Pedro opponent. Makes it hard to get r1 submission (4 of Pedro's 6 wins, and his KO of Craig was from elbows on the ground).
--Will punch Pedro harder in the face than anybody has before
--Pedro has length/power to get early knockout vs Latifi's meh chin, but his boxing isn't strong as his wrestling and his fight IQ isn't that high.

This is the only bet this week that I think is super good. Latifi isn't perfect, but he's a different level from anything Pedro has faced this far and I think will expose some major weaknesses that Pedro has been able to hide with sheer physical prowess against inferior opponents.

As an aside, Tyson Pedro has to have the worst tattoo in the entire UFC with solid ink from his mid-torso to knees. Looks like he is wearing some ridiculous undergarment under his shorts.

hey guys, ¿Have you found any fight from Bhullar?

I can't even find a HL, just some short clips of him getting takedowns in his first fights. How it is possible?

MM vs Borg canceled?, oh well....

Can we talk about how crazy it is that Ilir Latifi is now +120 vs Tyson Pedro?

--He has most strength and best wrestling of any Pedro opponent. Makes it hard to get r1 submission (4 of Pedro's 6 wins, and his KO of Craig was from elbows on the ground).
--Will punch Pedro harder in the face than anybody has before
--Pedro has length/power to get early knockout vs Latifi's meh chin, but his boxing isn't strong as his wrestling and his fight IQ isn't that high.

This is the only bet this week that I think is super good. Latifi isn't perfect, but he's a different level from anything Pedro has faced this far and I think will expose some major weaknesses that Pedro has been able to hide with sheer physical prowess against inferior opponents.

Also it's crazy that everybody here seems to like Latifi in this match but money keeps going to Pedro. Anybody have an explanation for this? Does he have a bunch of degenerate Aussie fanboys or something? After all, Australians do love to gamble:

"Gambling is an activity undertaken by many Australians. Over 80% of Australian adults engage in gambling of some kind, which is the highest rate of gambling in the world.[1] This number includes some 4% of the adult population who play the pokies once a week, accounting for some 62% of locals’ annual gambling spend.[2]

Total employment in the gambling industry in Australia (thousands of people) since 1984
Gambling is a significant public health issue, with around 80,000 to 160,000 (or 0.5 - 1.0%) of Australian adults experiencing significant problems from gambling and a further 250,000 to 350,000 (or 1.4 - 2.1% of adults) experiencing moderate risks that may make them vulnerable to problem gambling.[3] The social cost of problem gambling to the community is estimated to be at least $4.7 billion each year."

Yeah. Could be a matter of cashflow, since otherwise this makes no sense to me unless there's some serious Latifi injury news or something that hasn't gone public.

FFS Borg. Just cancel that whole division it's pathetic. Who wants to watch 5 year olds fight anyway?

Am I the only one here excited to bet Pettis +700 vs MM when he is inevitably the next opponent?

TBH I was worried that Borg would end MM's streak without me having money on it, glad to have that sweat over.

FFS Borg. Just cancel that whole division it's pathetic. Who wants to watch 5 year olds fight anyway?
I like the flyweight division. DJ is amazing to watch, it's Borg who screwed this up. There'll be other talent at 125 to give DJ some new challenges going forward.

Wiki saying Cejudo Reis has been bumped to co main. Is that correct? Means i gotta fuckin sweat my double all night now which sucks.

Wiki saying Cejudo Reis has been bumped to co main. Is that correct? Means i gotta fuckin sweat my double all night now which sucks.

I would have thought they would bump someone from fight pass prelims up, that's what they usually do for PPVs I think.

Oh really? Id prefer that!

That's what I think happens anyway. At UFC 209 they promoted Calvillo/ABC and at UFC 213 they promoted Font/De Andrade. I think they don't like changing they fights shown on Fox, probably some contractual agreement.

That's what I think happens anyway. At UFC 209 they promoted Calvillo/ABC and at UFC 213 they promoted Font/De Andrade. I think they don't like changing they fights shown on Fox, probably some contractual agreement.

Gotta be Kajan or Bhullar then.

Probably Henrique/Bhullar then because I don't think UFC likes Kajan very much.
Hope so, that could be a really good fight imo. After a couple of losses Henrique has gotta get back on track and Bhullar is a bit of a curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back