• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 214 - Jones vs Cormier II - Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa... didn't know Barao did his camp at PowerMMA (Bader, CB's gym)

Article from June - http://www.flocombat.com/article/57...eback-agrees-with-leaving-brazil#.WXoqtIjytph

"Renan has always been a great fighter, he has always trained a lot in camp and out of camp, but he was not 100% the athlete he is here in the USA," he said. "He is set as far as food goes, recovery after training, sleeping and waking at the right times and policing [his days] more in relation to the quantity, intensity and quality of the training, besides having access to a good supplementation and high-level wrestling training. All these factors were crucial in the decision to return to the division in which he already was a champion."

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Power MMA shut down. Maybe the whole crew trains together though.

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Power MMA shut down. Maybe the whole crew trains together though.
I know they had an issue finding a new space, but they are all training together, meaning CB, Bader, Barao. CB talked about it leading up to the Ed Herman fight.

Connor Ruebusch picked Elkins against Bermudez and now picked Calvin Kattar against Fili...hmmm...interesting.

What was his reasoning behind the pick?
He said that Kattar has improved his boxing and that he is a bit sharper with his strking that Fili. He also said that Fili lets his opponents dictate the pace and where the fights takes place.
He picked Kattar to win a decision

Yet he said the last kattar fight he saw was against Baino in 2013. He also completely ruled out fili going for td's which i think he will use. Fili has really solid td's and a dangerous ground game. Didnt even mention two weeks' notice for kattar either. Also compared kattar to benetiz lmao go watch kattar's fights with saul and baino. Both really close fights outside of r1 against baino. Fili is a huge step up. Also failed to mention a controversial split dec win over a journeyman last year.

Connor Ruebusch picked Elkins against Bermudez and now picked Calvin Kattar against Fili...hmmm...interesting.

He also said Jason knight has more ko power than max Holloway.

Somebody was commenting in the pbp thread for the last card how often it's the dogs literally nobody on the forum considers betting that come through and win. If this logic plays out again Oezdemir & Kattar are essentially locks this weekend.

Somebody was commenting in the pbp thread for the last card how often it's the dogs literally nobody on the forum considers betting that come through and win. If this logic plays out again Oezdemir & Kattar are essentially locks this weekend.
Lol. That was me.

And it wasn't a diss. I'm included. But it really does seem to happen often

Maybe unpopular but I think Oezdemir has a decent shot at either getting an early KO or grinding out the decision. Manuwa is the rightful favourite but I don't think VO is that much of a dark horse.

EDIT: talk about dogs that no one expects to hit.... that would be Evinger.

cerrone jovial, lawler ready for war.

very intense staredown between manuwa and volkan.

decent size advantage for moicano.

size advantage for fili, i don't like how he's turning himself into an obnoxiously tattooed circus freak like bec rawlings. hope he's focussed.

Maia also does have the ability (I sort of broke it down in an earlier post) to use his single to slide around and take the back without ever getting the fight to the mat. He's gone backpack on multiple guys that way as they turn their hips to fight off his single leg. Maybe Woodley's pure strength and base thwart everything Maia does, but I really don't think he has the technical ability to stop Maia from latching onto him like a leech IF Maia is able to get in relatively deep when he shoots his single.

Maia is the Mariano Rivera of MMA. He does exactly one thing. Over and over. Everyone knows EXACTLY what is coming. And very few have been able to stop it. Maybe Woodley is one of the few. But laying -200 juice on that? Not me, no way.
07QPvJK.gif

That's why I am only entertaining a parlay with jones if I were to bet Woodley.

Vivisection supports the Lamas pick IMO.

Main path to victory for Knight is a 29-28 decision predicated on greater aggression and volume. I just don't think he's quite ready for this level of competition.

Bad blood infection, I have nothing but love for the guy, after Denver, I was put in a time out, I could play on a boat have a good time, I'm almost on the water everyday

07QPvJK.gif

That's why I am only entertaining a parlay with jones if I were to bet Woodley.

Funny you use my favorite all time fighter Mir in a post about a Maia fight. Mir, one of the best HW sub fighters ever, said of M aia after rolling with him (and Mir outweighs Demien by probably 60 lbs walking around weight): "If he (Maia) wanted to have sex with me, I don't think I could stop him". That's the level Maia's grappling is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back