• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 213 - Nunes vs Shevchenko II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big John will be reffing Whittaker/Yoel. Romero is bound to break the rules in some way which could lead to a point deduction. Unlikely it makes it to decision but may put a tiny bit on a draw.
Wouldn't Romero be more likely to go for the kill if he gets a point taken away? I don't see how a Draw is possible here, especially if his cardio issues come into play.

If you think this fight has a slight chance at going to a Draw, I'd suggest saving your money and instead bet:

Starts Round 4 +146
Starts Round 5 +197

Werdum Training Vids:

Last edited:
Romero is a world champion and Olympic silver medalist in freestyle wrestling. Brock is a college wrestler who signed up with the WWE after leaving school. There is world of difference.

Brock has good top control and is an entertainer, but that's about it.

For sure, they are worlds apart in terms of ability. Guess I misread your original comment.

Big John will be reffing Whittaker/Yoel. Romero is bound to break the rules in some way which could lead to a point deduction. Unlikely it makes it to decision but may put a tiny bit on a draw.

Yoel is always innocent
giphy.gif

I'm new to the sport so I'm constantly learning, Josh Barnett has been mentoring me, he's a legend, he's coaching me, his style is similar to
Oleinik, my heart with is my family and Ronda

I'm new to the sport so I'm constantly learning, Josh Barnett has been mentoring me, he's a legend, he's coaching me, his style is similar to
Oleinik, my heart with is my family and Ronda

This used to be a valid excuse. However, Travis has been in the UFC for 7 years, which essentially makes him a veteran.

He has always been full of excuses. It's like he is unable to see the fault in himself, and that he has stagnated as a fighter.

big john didn't do squat in romero vs kennedy

Angry-Baby.jpg

Miller +3.5 +105

Ill probably pass, but a good line imo.

i'll take it small.

the 3 spreads i was looking for are all just about bettable for me

andrade +3.5 +155 (was hoping +150 or better, got it)
miller +3.5 +105 (was hoping +odds, got it)
camozzi +5.5 +175 -- this one i was hoping for +200 or better on +3.5, but +5.5 instead, just under goal price? sure, small

Played 1u on o1.5 Blaydes/Danny -130. Might do some more if it stays the same. Danny is tough, Blaydes really doesn't have any crushing sort of power and is still in development. Could see this playing out a lot like Danny vs Johnson.

i'll take it small.

the 3 spreads i was looking for are all just about bettable for me

andrade +3.5 +155 (was hoping +150 or better, got it)
miller +3.5 +105 (was hoping +odds, got it)
camozzi +5.5 +175 -- this one i was hoping for +200 or better on +3.5, but +5.5 instead, just under goal price? sure, small
The De Andrade one was the other one I was looking at. Think that'll be my angle on that fight

The De Andrade one was the other one I was looking at. Think that'll be my angle on that fight

frankly i'm sick and tired of just barely losing on all of these +200 to +300 dudes. guys BLOWING it in the last minute of a round, not sealing the deal, etc

gonna get my confidence back hopefully by hitting some of these +money spreads instead of the moneylines.

i hope i "regret" not doing more on their moneylines, so to speak (cause that means they'd win!)

Unibet has Nunes 7.00 and I think that might be the likeliest outcome. 0.5U. She is super good on the top and looks for the sub if she can't pound her out.

Really? I'd never seen 5.5 in a 3 rounder before, and figured Blaydes/Omie would have it too if it was intentional.

Contemplating a play on it now

ya i've seen it

i'm not saying unequivocally that it's not a mistake, but i don't think it is

Here's one angle on Overeem - Werdum:

On paper this is a dream match up for Overeem. He's facing an aggressive macho fighter who puts his chin on the line a lot. But then again, three of Overeems four UFC losses (Bigfoot, Browne and Rothwell, all KO) are against durable underdogs, who are MMA natives regarding their stand-up skills. I think Overeem gets overconfident against such opponents and then freaks out if he can't finish them.

Most of Overeem's wins in UFC are against fighters who are happy to trade at range and keep hunting for clean KO's. I don't think there will be anything clean in Werdums aproach. Instead it will be to get the win by any means neccessary. If he gets Reem in trouble covering up against the fence, he won't be backing up and letting him off the hook like JDS did. Takedowns and clich work are there for him. Of course Overeem would like nothing better, than take an easy KO victory countering, if Werdum rushes him. But I bet he would be way more comfortable to fight someone with more predictable style like Hunt or JDS, if Werdum survives first few big exchanges.

Still, Reem close to evens is tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back