• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do we point out that gadelha won the first two rounds then gassed and assume Andrade has the gas tank for 5 rounds. Joanna takes over in the championship rounds everytime that's just what she does no matter who the opponent. is.

I don't think anyone can say with any certainty that Andrade's cardio will or won't hold up over 5 rounds, since we've never seen her in that spot. But, she did put out a ridiculous amount of volume against Hill in the third round and it didn't appear that she was out of gas. It remains to be seen, but there is reason to believe her cardio could hold up.

And JJ lost the 4th round to KK. She did take dominate the championship rounds against Valerie and the second Claudia fight though.

Also, I'm not really seeing the comparisons between Gadelha and Andrade. Sure, they're both Brazilian and have similar physiques, but stylistically they're different fighters IMO.

Also, I'm not really seeing the comparisons between Gadelha and Andrade. Sure, they're both Brazilian and have similar physiques, but stylistically they're different fighters IMO.

I agree I thought that gadelha was actually a tough matchup for jj with her takedowns and she did execute them in the first two rounds but she slowed down in the third round on. Andrades striking will definitely be a challenge for JJ but from what I have seen in her fights she is pretty reckless at times and like you said it remains to be seen whether or not she can go 5 rounds without gassing. The concerns for jjs chin are fair but while rocked she has never been put out. Im not discounting Andrade I do believe her striking could pose problems but in the end I think jj outworks her over the course of 5 rounds.

There are also no comparisons in Maia to anyone Mas has fought, but that didn't stop countless posts about his recent run and his fight w Cowboy

Some people just don't strive to be #elite

Been a long break, but let us rejoice. If you count the Rory vs Semtex Bellator card, there are fights every single weekend from this one into july

I agree I thought that gadelha was actually a tough matchup for jj with her takedowns and she did execute them in the first two rounds but she slowed down in the third round on. Andrades striking will definitely be a challenge for JJ but from what I have seen in her fights she is pretty reckless at times and like you said it remains to be seen whether or not she can go 5 rounds without gassing. The concerns for jjs chin are fair but while rocked she has never been put out. Im not discounting Andrade I do believe her striking could pose problems but in the end I think jj outworks her over the course of 5 rounds.

Andrade certainly does get wreckless, and one of the big questions for me is if JJ can make her pay for it. Andrade has shown no respect for anyone's striking at 115 yet and I'm not sure that JJ has enough power to stop her from coming forward. Accumulation of damage could be an issue though if JJ is landing on Andrade the way she has on most of her other opponents.

Unless Andrade gasses badly I have a hard time seeing JJ stoping her so I really like Andrade NSC, especially at the -125 I got it at. I cap the fight as pretty much a pick em, so I do see value on Andrade's ML and I'll most likely be adding a unit or two to it closer to the fight.

There are also no comparisons in Maia to anyone Mas has fought, but that didn't stop countless posts about his recent run and his fight w Cowboy

Agreed. I'm really surprised to see Maia as the dog. Unfortunately I already have 3u on him around -120, plus some on his sub prop so I'm not too comfortable adding more.

Nothing contributes to 1 gassing/discouraged more than getting hit constantly in the face and getting busted up and Andrade does not wear damage well and she will see that between rounds as they all look up at big screens just before the next round starts.
Andrade will be a human punching bag in this fight with her slow prodding forward only predictable movements vs this great defensive (69%) and precise offensive striking machine.
JJs jab will be hitting home so easy it will be like practice on a gym bag and hitting down about 5 inches makes that even easier.
Andrade has great effort lots of power and high volume (slow but high) although 70% or so of that will be hitting air in this fight and a punchers chance and better finish this in the 1st half of the fight cause she has 0000 chance for a dec. victory vs this piston like high volume of her own striker who only gets better the later the fight goes with at least 1---10/8 round for JJ in the 4th or 5th to offset some possible early successes for Andrade.

Last edited:

The posts weren't irrelevant, Masvidal's new killer instinct is something that has to be pointed out. Old Masvidal didn't mind going to the scorecards, now he is trying to finish the fights to avoid being robbed by the judges. We know that stylistically Cerrone doesn't have anything in common with Maia and that it will be a different fight, but when was the last time that Maia fought someone like Masvidal? Rory in 2014?

The posts weren't irrelevant, Masvidal's new killer instinct is something that has to be pointed out. Old Masvidal didn't mind going to the scorecards, now he is trying to finish the fights to avoid being robbed by the judges. We know that stylistically Cerrone doesn't have anything in common with Maia and that it will be a different fight, but when was the last time that Maia fought someone like Masvidal? Rory in 2014?

Fair points, but you also have to consider that aggressiveness could result in Mas ending up on the ground. I'm not sure it's a positive in this fight.

I also don't believe that Mas has the same level of defensive wrestling that Rory does.

They were literally as irrelevant as it gets. Even the notion of 'killer instinct' is a very vague one. Mas' throws more than he did at LW and packs more power without the weight cut (this one is debatable too). Other than that, hes exactly the same. Its not like he is going out there fighting super aggressive. He caught Donald with a solid counter.

Yeah. Rory. Who is a better wrestler, is adaptable enough to have lowered his stance, and is MUCH better at creating his own offense on the feet than Mas. See, thats a real comparison. And Maia still took him down in the first in the third. There is NO ONE Mas has fought like Maia, not even close. So if anyone finds confidence through his fight with Cowboy, they are lying to themselves and not #elite

there are quite a few people who's input usually seemed spot on that have dropped off, been reading on this forum for a while, not as long as most, would be a shame if quality posters reduced their input permanently

Im just catching up with the thread, and as usual there is alot of pages of nonsense. Im not saying that im the best MMA "expert", but I joined this community to provide some different insight and some more in depth analysis, so that you could acutally get a good fight discussion going. It's a shame but I haven't put alot of energy into posting in this forum lately, since alot of the in depth stuff gets drowned in alot of useless talk. I will probably still post alot play by play, but it doesn't make sense for me to post long posts anymore...

And what the fuck is going on with all this EGO bullshit. so freaking tired of people saying "this is a lock", "make no mistake". Nothing is for certain, so at least treat it like that when you're talking about betting. Alot of people in here think that their input is indispensable and that's often not the case. You can of course use the ignore button on different users, but some users really need to pull their head out of their own asses. None of us are VIP's, so ALL of us should perhaps try a bit harder of making this community into something is was meant for; Helping each other beating the bookies with insight and information, instead of flaming/trolling/biasedness and most of all ignorance. Catch ya on the flipside!

Fair points, but you also have to consider that aggressiveness could result in Mas ending up on the ground. I'm not sure it's a positive in this fight.

I also don't believe that Mas has the same level of defensive wrestling that Rory does.

That's why the fight is so interesting, Maia will probably get the takedown in r1... but, can he finish him? will his cardio hold up? will he be to take him down in rounds 2 and 3? I don't think so, but I expect a good fight.

They were literally as irrelevant as it gets. Even the notion of 'killer instinct' is a very vague one. Mas' throws more than he did at LW and packs more power without the weight cut (this one is debatable too). Other than that, hes exactly the same. Its not like he is going out there fighting super aggressive. He caught Donald with a solid counter.

Yeah. Rory. Who is a better wrestler, is adaptable enough to have lowered his stance, and is MUCH better at creating his own offense on the feet than Mas. See, thats a real comparison. And Maia still took him down in the first in the third. There is NO ONE Mas has fought like Maia, not even close. So if anyone finds confidence through his fight with Cowboy, they are lying to themselves and not #elite

Don't you think that if Maia can't finish the fight in r1 or r2 he is fucked up? I don't trust Maia's cardio
It looks like you cap Maia at -250

Don't you think that if Maia can't finish the fight in r1 or r2 he is fucked up? I don't trust Maia's cardio
Na Maia can easily win a decision. Tired as fuck vs Rory he still took him down in the third. Rory has always been highly regarded for his jits and before that fight talked about how hard he was working positions on the ground. On the other hand, Mas is just focusing on defensive wrestling. So good luck to Mas getting off his back the way Rory did if hes taken down in the later portion of the fight.

Im just catching up with the thread, and as usual there is alot of pages of nonsense. Im not saying that im the best MMA "expert", but I joined this community to provide some different insight and some more in depth analysis, so that you could acutally get a good fight discussion going. It's a shame but I haven't put alot of energy into posting in this forum lately, since alot of the in depth stuff gets drowned in alot of useless talk. I will probably still post alot play by play, but it doesn't make sense for me to post long posts anymore...

And what the fuck is going on with all this EGO bullshit. so freaking tired of people saying "this is a lock", "make no mistake". Nothing is for certain, so at least treat it like that when you're talking about betting. Alot of people in here think that their input is indispensable and that's often not the case. You can of course use the ignore button on different users, but some users really need to pull their head out of their own asses. None of us are VIP's, so ALL of us should perhaps try a bit harder of making this community into something is was meant for; Helping each other beating the bookies with insight and information, instead of flaming/trolling/biasedness and most of all ignorance. Catch ya on the flipside!

I pop into the thread every once in a while and it seems that I'm just skimming posts now. The thread has gone downhill big time.

Want to lay some serious juice on either Maia or Stipe.... Still have some time to decide, i can get maia at +105 i might hit that hard but there are many questions in these two fights!

Na Maia can easily win a decision. Tired as fuck vs Rory he still took him down in the third. Rory has always been highly regarded for his jits and before that fight talked about how hard he was working positions on the ground. On the other hand, Mas is just focusing on defensive wrestling. So good luck to Mas getting off his back the way Rory did if hes taken down in the later portion of the fight.

Fair enough, but in the third round he got up immediately.

Good luck, but I think that you are underrating Masvidal a bit

i think maia -250 would be more accurate than maia +120 or w/e. i realistically think maia wins this 70% of the time.

as for his cardio, it actually has been fine in this current run at 170. in fact he's only lost one round in his last 6 fights.. and that was rd 5 in a fight he was clearly up 40-36

Fair enough, but in the third round he got up immediately.

Good luck, but I think that you are underrating Masvidal a bit
It wasn't immediate. Maia flattened him out. Its an unknown more than anything, but this is Demian Maia. Good luck to Mas getting back up if Maia gets any control on the mat, even if its in the third.

Not under rating Mas at all. Its hard not to bet with the heart here. I love Mas. Its just baffling to me what anyone sees in him here. All logical tape watching points toward Maia being the right side as a dog for sure imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back