• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 208 - Holm vs De Randamie - Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
In theory this is a good matchup for AS as Brunson is well known for rushing in with his chin up. In reality though I will be surprised if Anderson actually shows up and gets the KO.

Time waits for no man... and in this case I think father time has caught up with our friend (and GOAT?) Anderson Silva

I never thought Anderson's record would look like this

View attachment 199543

we should note that he arguably should've ko'd bisping (who's now the champ), and could've won that decision..

and he did beat diaz, overturned or not.. and those are 5 good opponents.

...but, yea, i agree

we should note that he arguably should've ko'd bisping (who's now the champ), and could've won that decision..

and he did beat diaz, overturned or not.. and those are 5 good opponents.

...but, yea, i agree
Would he have got the KO if Bisping didnt have a lapse of concentration, he was focused on his mouthpiece falling out and Silva took the chance to KO Bisping who wasnt even defending.

Would he have got the KO if Bisping didnt have a lapse of concentration, he was focused on his mouthpiece falling out and Silva took the chance to KO Bisping who wasnt even defending.

agreed IMO that KO didn't count. Bisping was being dumb and looking at his mouthpiece. Vast majority of that fight AS was backing up using his fancy pants defence.

agreed IMO that KO didn't count. Bisping was being dumb and looking at his mouthpiece. Vast majority of that fight AS was backing up using his fancy pants defence.
Bisping was on his way to winning a comfortable decision, but Bisping does what he does and always focus on the ref when something is wrong instead of defending himself at all times.

so anderson weighed in last. he made it, but took the full time to do so...

i was kinda unsure what to do on this fight all week. i have the brunson decision play. i do think he'll come out looking to wrestle.

i just don't get where anderson's head is. why'd he request 3 rounds vs cormier? couldn't he have had the titleshot? obviously he took the fight for $$, but he clearly didn't think he'd win. watching him on embedded and what-not all week, i think he's looking his age, truly. he's even walking gingerly sometimes. we have a young dude in his prime, freak athlete.. who, granted, has fight IQ issues at times... vs a 40+ year old guy who isn't taking it seriously anymore and/or isn't able to train accordingly..

i'm on brunson here. i figure i can live bet anderson after the first if i want to. i think brunson will be faster, will get takedowns, etc, and he'll be the better fighter in rd 1.

Been making money off of Brunson and Brunson tko for a while, but even so it is really hard to forgive the stupidity of the Whittaker fight (that was like a 10 unit swing for me if I recall). Does Brunson even have a coach now?

That said I think the most likely outcome is still Brunson ITD, Anderson has deteriorated and I don't think he has the chin he once had, Brunson could easily finish him with gnp or on the feet

Justin Willis off the card. Medically unfit.

Smh I fucking dropped the bomb on Tybura. He was one of my top picks for the weekend.

Yeah i agree. I think perception gets skewed on that fight because of that KO. It looked great but bisping was basically a sitting duck in that moment.

@SBJJ RE: Holms tds

One thing to remember, we are dealing with the new rules on damage and ground control. Can holly actually use any tds to create any offense? I completely agree that the path to beat GDR is with grappling, but can holly even gnp effectively or lock in a sub? GDR trained counter wrestling at AKA in the past.

On the other hand, I don't think it is debateable that GDR is the more damaging fighter standing, and as I said in the general thread, holly has a career history of being finished outside of mma.

Kenny Florian reports that he trained a bit with Anderson Silva for this one. Says Silva looks great in training.

Been making money off of Brunson and Brunson tko for a while, but even so it is really hard to forgive the stupidity of the Whittaker fight (that was like a 10 unit swing for me if I recall). Does Brunson even have a coach now?

That said I think the most likely outcome is still Brunson ITD, Anderson has deteriorated and I don't think he has the chin he once had, Brunson could easily finish him with gnp or on the feet
Brunson left Jackson's, trained at his own gym exclusively for this one.

Brunson left Jackson's, trained at his own gym exclusively for this one.

I saw the sad image of his signless strip mall gym on embedded, but I didn't see any trainers or coaches to help him. It looks like he is having his pads held by his students and that he brought them with him to NYC.

Brunson bettors beware. We know he trains with his chin tucked but fights with his chin out. <OKC16>

qYuDGTM.jpg

What are your other picks?

It's a juiced parlay but I think they all hit. Ironically I always talk bad about paying the juice but these guys are more solid than last card's favorites. Tybura was one of my favorite legs and I pounced on him as a single play too. A lil bit worried about Teixiera but only because of the Rumble memory fresh in my head but he should be able to get the W.

$387.50 $3,163.45 Pending
6 Team Parlay
Pending 2/11/17 10:00pm UFC Fighting 1302 Glover Teixeira -220* vs Jared Cannonier
Pending 2/11/17 8:00pm UFC Fighting 1701 Nik Lentz/Islam Makhachev Over 2½ -280*
Cancelled 2/11/17 7:00pm UFC Fighting 1902 Marcin Tybura -155* vs Justin Willis
Pending 2/11/17 6:30pm UFC Fighting 1902 Ryan LaFlare -300* vs Roan Carneiro
Pending 2/11/17 6:00pm UFC Fighting 2001 Phillipe Nover/Rick Glenn Over 2½ -225*
Pending 2/11/17 10:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1209 Souza wins inside distance -215*vs Not Souza inside distance

I would've liked Reis if he wasn't over juiced. In my 2nd tier I liked Belal +120 and main event o4.5 but not super confident.

It's a juiced parlay but I think they all hit. Ironically I always talk bad about paying the juice but these guys are more solid than last card's favorites. Tybura was one of my favorite legs and I pounced on him as a single play too. A lil bit worried about Teixiera but only because of the Rumble memory fresh in my head but he should be able to get the W.

$387.50 $3,163.45 Pending
6 Team Parlay
Pending 2/11/17 10:00pm UFC Fighting 1302 Glover Teixeira -220* vs Jared Cannonier
Pending 2/11/17 8:00pm UFC Fighting 1701 Nik Lentz/Islam Makhachev Over 2½ -280*
Cancelled 2/11/17 7:00pm UFC Fighting 1902 Marcin Tybura -155* vs Justin Willis
Pending 2/11/17 6:30pm UFC Fighting 1902 Ryan LaFlare -300* vs Roan Carneiro
Pending 2/11/17 6:00pm UFC Fighting 2001 Phillipe Nover/Rick Glenn Over 2½ -225*
Pending 2/11/17 10:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1209 Souza wins inside distance -215*vs Not Souza inside distance

I would've liked Reis if he wasn't over juiced. In my 2nd tier I liked Belal +120 and main event o4.5 but not super confident.
Seems like a reasonable parlay to me. You have good chance to pull it off.. good luck

Seems like a reasonable parlay to me. You have good chance to pull it off.. good luck

Honestly I was going to redo this bet again and put in Tybura 1st round finish into that same parlay.

That Willis dude was medically UNFIT to perform..... !!! Imagine if the commission was sadistic enough to let him fight this short notice fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back