1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 205 - Conor vs Alvarez - NY

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iGnP Silver Belt

I could be wrong but aren't title challengers that are favorites undefeated in those situations? I don't think there have been a lot of instances of this but yeah

2. PuertoRican Gold Belt

Yes, you are wrong.

You can't call Robbie Lawler a "washed up brawler" when he was the reigning champion and lost his belt to Woodley. If Lawler fought once after his title loss and looked like shit, then you could argue he is a little washed up, but he only lost his belt earlier this year.

3. HistoryMade Dreamed it Banned

Robbiedawg always claims he's gonna change but always goes back to those hyperbolic, outrageous statements. Its what makes this place so toxic.

4. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

Is he not a brawler? Do you honestly think he's going to come back and beat anyone in the top 5? Too many wars in a short amount of time. I'm not even being hyperbolic here.

5. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Wonderboy uses angles and has a ton more power himself than Rory though. Woodley just looks for his overhand right.

As mentioned Woodley's gas tank can't improve that much. I think he's in trouble but will admit that IF he lands one big shot the rest may not matter.

6. Dick #TeamGaethje Staff Member Senior Moderator

Natal is a tough guy to put away and Boetsch by decision is at +550 on bodog right now. Throwing some on that.

Underdogs of the card for me are Miller, Boetsch and Alvarez. Not sure how I feel about Romero, but I might put a small amount on him.

7. Stunna77 Brown Belt

I agree it's a bold statement before seeing Lawler fight again, but it isn't a huge stretch to think his chin is deteriorating. He's been hurt in most of his title fights and has had a ton of wars. I think his point is that Woodley isn't some knock out artist and WB should be able to avoid overhand rights until he gasses.

8. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

Did me calling a fighter washed up actually upset you that much? No one can come back from so many wars AND a KO loss in such a short period of time. Plus he's getting old too. He's not a robot ffs.

9. Dathorn Brown Belt

So very wrong.

Robbie Lawler beats Ellenberger, Brown, Hendricks, MacDonald, and Condit in a row. Then he loses 1 fight and he's washed up?

Where do thoughts like these come from?

10. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

All wars where he took a ridiculous amount of damage. Now a KO loss. Again, he's not a robot. Stop being delusional.

11. quincy k Brown Belt

i agree that a 170 prime alves, if he could make the weight, would become a lw champ. i just dont think that version exist anymore nor will ever exist and should not be used for capping purposes. hes an old 33 not even factoring in usada. he could very well lose to a faded miller tonight who would have zero chance against thiago five years ago

12. quincy k Brown Belt

iirc, i believe that robbie has absorbed over 500 head punches in the last two years

13. HistoryMade Dreamed it Banned

We've got this sick thing on Sherdog (especially in the heavies) to completely undermine a fighters past wins just so they can call em "shit" or what ever variant they want.

With Conor it was "Aldo was broken before the fight started" and "Nate was a fringe top 10". This after Aldo was top 3 P4P and Nate was ranked in the top 5 at LW.

You're doing it with Woodley right now bro. This isn't about Lawler but you undermining Woodley.

We shouldn't do that here, we're here to make money and look at things logically. Hyperbolic and ridiculous statements aren't needed here.

14. Dathorn Brown Belt

You said that Woodley KO'd a washed up Robbie Lawler...

That implies not only is he washed up now, but he was washed up then....

So you implied that the Champion on a 5 fight win streak is washed up. I love it man. Im not saying he is anywhere at the peak of his game, but he's not washed up. And calling him that before seeing another fight makes you look ridiculous. You're just reaching.

15. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

What's ridiculous or hyperbolic about stating facts? Go and tweet Dan Hardy the same because he said all Woodley has is wrestling and a right overhand too. That's all I've said besides he's only finished Lawler (who's an aging competitor coming off multiple brutal wars) and Koscheck. I'm just stating facts.

16. quincy k Brown Belt

at 34 years of age, roy jones jr was the pfp best fighter in the world

at 35 years of age, roy jones jr was done

17. Brick Top Yellow Swag Banned

You're acting like he was running through people like Anderson Silva in his prime. Every single one of his title defenses were close wars where he took ridiculous amounts of damage.

18. HistoryMade Dreamed it Banned

You claim that Robbie being washed up is fact? {<jordan}

19. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Arguing about Robbie Lawler 4 hours away from the best MMA event ever <36>

20. Dathorn Brown Belt

It's a FACT that Robbie was washed up as the champion on a 5 fight win streak? Awesome. Do you know what a fact is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.