• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 202 - McGoat vs Diaz II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they give garbrandt almeida > mizugaki

Should have been the other way around
They were going to make Garbrandt vs Caraway but I believe Caraway wasn't ready and Garbrandt wanted a fight so Mizugaki was the highest ranked guy that was available (i.e. not hurt) and wasn't already booked in a fight.

They were going to make Garbrandt vs Caraway but I believe Caraway wasn't ready and Garbrandt wanted a fight so Mizugaki was the highest ranked guy that was available (i.e. not hurt) and wasn't already booked in a fight.
Not to mention Mizugaki is a veteran fighter with a better resume than Almeida who presents different challenges than fighting another undefeated striker like the formerly undefeated Brazilian prospect. I would argue Mizugaki is a step up in competition in terms of a test for Garbrandt from Almeida.

Not to mention Mizugaki is a veteran fighter with a better resume than Almeida who presents different challenges than fighting another undefeated striker like the formerly undefeated Brazilian prospect. I would argue Mizugaki is a step up in competition in terms of a test for Garbrandt from Almeida.

Out of principle I should bet on Miz but I dislike Cody so I'll pass and bet Cody by KO. I'd just hate to lose a bet to Cody. He's a fun fighter but he rubs me the wrong way.

Markos breathing heavy, not smiling & Larkin waiting to be the last one to weigh in.

I agree. Almeida's best win's were Yves Jabouin and Brad Pickett (whom he almost got KO'ed by). Mizugaki has been in there with some of the top 135'ers and I think the odds are WWAAAAYYYY off. No way should Cody be a -560 favorite. That shit is crazy.

He's leaner, more muscle, we've taken the eating out of his control, he's in the best shape of his life, TKO late 2nd round, early 3rd

So if you backed Penn in Penn vs Edgar 1, would it be reactionary to back Edgar in the rematch?

I would hope Conor backers would consider changing their mind after this fight played out with Diaz in on 10 days notice and won

Well Penn remained a pretty heavy favorite. The implied odds didn't change that much drastically as many thought Penn won that first fight. JDS vs. Cain 1 and JDS vs. Cain 2 is another. Odds didn't change that much. This is one of the most drastic odd shifts you'll find. That's the point that I'm trying to make.

Kind of surprised that a lot of people are favoring Cerrone against Story. I know Cerrone has looked good in his last few fights, but I feel like Story is just so durable and has been in there with some top guys at WW. I think his pressure, coupled with his work to the body won't bode well for Cerrone, who is a notoriously slow starter. Cerrone is also already talking about his potential next fight. It seems as though he is looking past Story. While I can respect the confidence, overlooking someone like Story is never a good idea. At +130 odds, I'm gonna lay down a decent bet on Story.
Cowboy has not been a slow starter since his move up to WW. I think the weightcut stress and all that may affect him more than we thought. He looks much more relaxed and loose since he moved up.
I also think he is hitting his prime both physically and mentally. He has 38 fights but has not been seriously injuried and it seems that being active benefits his performances a lot.
Story has his paths to winning the fight but I think Cowboy is better everywhere.
Also consistency may be a factor. While Cowboy does not have bad performances often, you can never count on Story showing at 100% of his potential.

Brief thoughts on a few of the weighins:

Tim Means: While never one to looked completely shredded, he was clearly less muscled here than in previous shots. A portion of the difference could be him 'flexing' less in this style of weighins, but I think hes not looking as good. Could be the time off to work as a welder as a result of the 2 year (cut to 6 months) suspension he was handed.

Garbrant: Didn't look like he had any core muscles.. God damn little guys though, looked at a whole bunch of other weighin photos to draw a comparison but all you can see is his little head poking out above the scales.

Conor McGoat: Looked really small.

What time should I expect Larkin-magny to be on? Around 7:15-7:30? Trying to plan my day out tmrw

Arsenal vs Leicester at 12:30, might watch the Germany/Brazil game at 4:30, then this card

I really fucked up, I gotta read this whole thread tmrw lol. Prob not gonna bet much tho nothing pops up to me right now

Well Penn remained a pretty heavy favorite. The implied odds didn't change that much drastically as many thought Penn won that first fight. JDS vs. Cain 1 and JDS vs. Cain 2 is another. Odds didn't change that much. This is one of the most drastic odd shifts you'll find. That's the point that I'm trying to make.
What would the odds shift have to do with change of opinion after watching the first fight though? Diaz is still a dog at the end of the day, and he beat Conor on 10 days notice. If there was ever a fight that should drastically sway someone, it was their first encounter. Many of us felt full camp Diaz would be bad stylistically for Conor, and in a way he showed that to be true. It would be kind of crazy to ignore that just cause you can have Conor at better odds now.

Also, grats to anyone who was betting in the days of Edgar vs Penn. I just looked at odds for their rematch. Edgar was +260?! Are you fucking kidding me, talk about one of the best bets ever

GSP was clearly hesitant in his pick when forced to up the ante.

Confidence increase in Nate.

Last edited:
Glover by TKO/KO/DQ @ +812...I think I see some value there.

He doesn't possess the power that Rumble has, but he's a good boxer, all it takes is one well placed shot in their weight division for anyone to go down.

What would the odds shift have to do with change of opinion after watching the first fight though? Diaz is still a dog at the end of the day, and he beat Conor on 10 days notice. If there was ever a fight that should drastically sway someone, it was their first encounter. Many of us felt full camp Diaz would be bad stylistically for Conor, and in a way he showed that to be true. It would be kind of crazy to ignore that just cause you can have Conor at better odds now.

Also, grats to anyone who was betting in the days of Edgar vs Penn. I just looked at odds for their rematch. Edgar was +260?! Are you fucking kidding me, talk about one of the best bets ever

A lot of people thought Abu Dhabi's heat made for lackluster fights and cardio issues.
BJ Penn pretty much won that first fight.

Glover by TKO/KO/DQ @ +812...I think I see some value there.

He doesn't possess the power that Rumble has, but he's a good boxer, all it takes is one well placed shot in their weight division for anyone to go down.
It definitly can happen but I dont see it as a standing KO.
If he manages to grind Rumble a little... Glover has furious GnP.

Garbrant: Didn't look like he had any core muscles.
That is interesting. Plus he is 22.. no "old man strenght" for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back