UFC 2012 Statistics By Team: Need some help from a statistical and graphic genius.

Guiltypartie101

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I spent all day working on a spread sheet to compare the performance of major gyms in the UFC in 2012. The graphs that showed up on here the other day I felt were lacking. I have it all in an excel spread sheet and at this point I'm not really sure what to do with it haha. I have data for: # or fighters, #of fights, wins, wins by tko/ko, wins by sub, losses, losses by tko/ko, losses by sub, decisions, wins by decision, losses by decision, draws/nc. The gyms I have are: AKA, Blackzillians, ATT, Cesar Gracie, Alpha Male, Jacksons, Tristar, Xtreme Couture, Nova Uniao, and Alliance. My criteria was at least 6 fighters with fights in the UFC in 2012. Team Quest was on the original graphic but i couldn't find 6 affiliated fighters with fights in 2012. All fighters affiliations are per sherdog fight finder. I'm shitty with excel and graphs so please help me out, I think this could be really good.

Im only a statistical genius. Sorry.

I could, but it is Sunday, and I don't feel up to it.

Sorry man.

Very helpful so far guys haha.

If someone could just tell me how to upload the spread sheet I will if possible.

Do one of those sweet overlapping pie graphs. That'll put it all into perspective.

Seriously, that data won't translate well onto one graph. That is, you can calculate to percentages, and use various colored markers for finish, finish by sub, etc., and run those markers as dots. Just may look a bit scattered that way.... Or not. I can do it, but I don't have much time, so it would likely be by Monday evening.

I could do it. Here's a sample of my work:

8vnntk.jpg

Lemme know if it works for you.

Seriously, that data won't translate well onto one graph. That is, you can calculate to percentages, and use various colored markers for finish, finish by sub, etc., and run those markers as dots. Just may look a bit scattered that way.... Or not. I can do it, but I don't have much time, so it would likely be by Monday evening.

Is there a way to upload it as one spread sheet. The data basically speaks for its self.

Team # Of Fighters # OF Fights Wins WBKO/TKO WBS Losses LBKO/TKO LBS DEC WBD LBD Draws NC

Alpha Male 6 11 7 3 2 4 2 0 4 2 2

AKA 9 17 12 6 0 5 2 2 7 5 1

JackWink 15 30 18 9 2 12 2 2 15 7 8

Blackzillians 10 19 9 4 1 9 2 3 8 4 4 1

Tristar 10 19 12 2 4 7 2 0 11 6 5

Alliance 9 18 10 1 3 7 5 0 8 6 2 1

Nova Uniao 8 9 6 1 0 3 2 0 6 5 1

ATT 15 27 13 6 3 13 5 2 10 5 5

Couture 7 13 8 5 2 5 1 0 5 1 4

Cesar Gracie 6 11 4 0 3 6 2 1 4 1 3 1

Spacing is all jacked up, the ones at the very end are the NC's. Best I can do with no help.

I can do this, PM me the stats you need analyzed. I'm a statistical whiz kid.

Back