UFC 2

BeeCee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So i havent had a ufc game since 2013 and from what i remember it was very different to the game before that in regards to controls and such not sure if its out in the US it isnt out until march over here. So just starting this thread for feedback of those of you that are getting it or have it already and are the controls over the top with too much multiple button smashing techniques going on and is it worth buying ?

Yeah, it was a pretty good card.

Seeing Patrick Smith elbow Scott Morris's face into a bloody pulp really knocked my socks off.

I say yes for one reason.

Punk-EA-Sports.png

So i havent had a ufc game since 2013 and from what i remember it was very different to the game before that in regards to controls and such not sure if its out in the US it isnt out until march over here. So just starting this thread for feedback of those of you that are getting it or have it already and are the controls over the top with too much multiple button smashing techniques going on and is it worth buying ?
Won't be getting it because it doesn't have the full UFC 2 roster--Freek Hamaker, Jason DeLucia, Minoki Ichihara, Scott Morris, etc.

So it's false advertisement.

Won't be getting it because it doesn't have the full UFC 2 roster--Freek Hamaker, Jason DeLucia, Minoki Ichihara, Scott Morris, etc.

So it's false advertisement.

What is the roster how many fighters in total do you know ?

Good old UFC 3 is best mma game that was ever produced. I played something like 90 - 110 hours and I still didnt managed to learn evrything. Only thing that was not good in this game was lack of real tutorial or good drills.

I loved random fights with my friends :

I randomed Mark Hunt and my friend got Cain Velasquez... I just couldnt get up. I couldnt remember this special combo when someone is going for switching position ( like from guard to side mount). So much to learn in this game. Super fun and technical. It was 9/10 for me.

Might be the only time we see him in the octagon dude lol i hope not though
To knock him out in the game.

Nah. He is going to come out of the injury like a bat out of hell and beat Gall. Then bring the Welterweight Belt back to Chi-Town.

He could be the highest rated fighter in the game and rightfully so.

Good old UFC 3 is best mma game that was ever produced. I played something like 90 - 110 hours and I still didnt managed to learn evrything. Only thing that was not good in this game was lack of real tutorial or good drills.

I loved random fights with my friends :

I randomed Mark Hunt and my friend got Cain Velasquez... I just couldnt get up. I couldnt remember this special combo when someone is going for switching position ( like from guard to side mount). So much to learn in this game. Super fun and technical. It was 9/10 for me.

Why is this one ufc 2 then ?

It'd be worth buying just to set up Punk vs Rumble.

go look up rampage's twitch stream of the game. i played the demo/beta. its legit. not thq ufc 3. but its a huge step forward from the ea ufc 1. the grappling and transition system is great. the stand up is better. but still kinda has a tekken or MK feel to it sometimes. main problems are the stamina system and the left to right fluidity system in the striking. also seems like there is not enough knock down power. no reason any one should be able to eat 7 head kicks flush. as my memory serves thq 1 was awful 2 was much improved and 3 was just amazing. seems that trend is still here with ea. 1st 1 sucked 2nd 1 is improved. maybe ea will continue to listen and the 3rd installment with them will just be epic. I WILL BUY EA UFC 2.

It'd be worth buying just to set up Punk vs Rumble.
wont happen. punk is ww in game and rumble is not playable at ww :( although that would be awesome. but no open weight fights in this 1 that i know of.

go look up rampage's twitch stream of the game. i played the demo/beta. its legit. not thq ufc 3. but its a huge step forward from the ea ufc 1. the grappling and transition system is great. the stand up is better. but still kinda has a tekken or MK feel to it sometimes. main problems are the stamina system and the left to right fluidity system in the striking. also seems like there is not enough knock down power. no reason any one should be able to eat 7 head kicks flush. as my memory serves thq 1 was awful 2 was much improved and 3 was just amazing. seems that trend is still here with ea. 1st 1 sucked 2nd 1 is improved. maybe ea will continue to listen and the 3rd installment with them will just be epic. I WILL BUY EA UFC 2.
Cheers fella

Back