UFC 196-Feeling Letdown

Ultim8teWarrior

White Belt
Reaction score
With RDA pulling out on short notice and Nate Diaz replacing him I am feeling a little letdown , is anyone else ?Sure Nate will make it an interesting fight he always comes to brawl but frankly it does not have the same appeal as the RDA match did .

Whether you agreed with the UFC's decision to allow it to happen or not Rafael Dos Anjos vs Conor Mcgregor in a Champ vs Champ bout is one of those matches we fans dream about and now maybe it will never happen.Both fighters would have had a full camp , both fighters are at the top of their game and a head on collision would have been epic . Either Conor McGregor would have made UFC history or RDA would have become one of the greatest Lightweights of all time , that is what we lost and I mourn.

Now we have { another } fighter stepping in with the ready made Mendes excuses if he loses and nothing really at stake at all for either guy since if McGregor loses the Mendes rule would also apply .I agree that it may be fun to watch and some fans are happy to buy the PPV but aside from the entertainment value it is a meaningless match.

Ofcourse it's disappointing. We went from UFC Champ on a tear to Nate fucking Diaz. A guy who got finished by Josh Thompson.

Yeah the Dos Anjos fight for me was one where I really had no idea what would happen, but could see all kinds of outcomes, including Conor getting absolutely demolished. Both have been tearing through their divisions and looking unstoppable.

is normal.

I've learned never get to amped up for a fight. Cause it may never happen.

McG vs Diaz to me is a FUNNER fight

8rWSPVW.gif

Yes, of course it SUCKS but Nate has the potential to make it a terrific brawl. It's intriguing but (not even) a close second to RDA vs. McGregor.

I'll always feel disappointed when a title fight, especially 2 champions... gets trashed due to injury.

McGregor vs. Diaz is a fun fight, though. Not quite legitimate but fun. The style match up is what fight fans enjoy. 2 people who won't go to the ground.

Back