Ufc 193

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JoeganMoldberg, Aug 6, 2015.

1. JoeganMoldberg

JoeganMoldberg Orange Belt

Why was the main event for this card rumored to be in Calgary only for the UFC to announce it to take place in Australia? :mad::icon_evil

I am a born and raised Calgarian and I was at ufc 149. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with what happened to that card. With 19/20 of the originally scheduled fighters on that card pulling out of their fights, we were left with a somewhat weak card on paper. In reality, it ended up being undoubtedly one of the top 5 worst UFC cards of all time.

Before all the injuries that plagued and destroyed that card we had an amazing line up with some of my favorite fighters including Mauricio Shogun, Jose Aldo, Thiago Alves, Big Nog and Yoshihiro Akiyama set to entertain us Canadian fans with our first ever hometown show in Calgary.

Among those big stars we had other big names such as Hector Lombard and Thiago Silva set to fight here in Calgary.

Sadly the only fighter of ALL those that I just named that actually made it to Calgary was Hector Lombard, whose fight that night in Jul 2012 was probalby the MOST boring of all those crappy snoozefest fights...

So why I ask you did the UFC take away this great fight between Carlos Condit and Robbie Lawler from the Calgary fans?

When is the UFC gonna come back here and finally "make it up" to us Calgary fans as they've been claiming they would for years?

It's been over 3 fucking years now Dana, we're fuckin waiting!!!

Any Calgary fans here that were at UFC 149?

2. Fatal Catro

Fatal Catro Red Belt

Tweet Dana. He loves that shit.

3. JoeganMoldberg

I don't have a Twitter account but I've been considering getting one recently for this exact reason

4. Cage917r

Cage917r Brown Belt

UFC cares much less about Canadian MMA now that GSP is retired and Rory was proven not to be the second coming.

5. JoeganMoldberg

Sadly, this is probalby true. Canadian MMA is lacking in star power at the moment.

6. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

193 was always planned for Australia.

It was 194 that had 4 places they were looking at, NY if it passed, Toronto, Calgary or Vegas.

But things changed when Aldo got hurt and pushed that fight back, they then werent gonna bring that to Calgary.

7. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

GSP said bad things about the UFC and this is DFW's punishment for Canada.