UFC 190: Sad, Old Brazilians

BroncoMcKart

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This card has been painful to watch, largely because we're watching some of the sports legends at or near rock bottom.

Mother nature takes all of us. I would hate to see big nog or lil nog fight again. Shogun can also retire, but I dont think his case is as severe

They've all got nothing left to prove and none of them are going to beat relevant competition anymore. This hopefully is one big retirement show at home for them.

I'd hate to think that they are still fighting because they need the money. That kind of punishment isn't worth it. I hope they retire.

MMA fans and the retirement talk, always good for a laugh.

Big Nog looked slow as F#$K and at this point should retire, which he said he would do at the end of this year anyways as he only has two fights left including this one. So there is no dispute over Big Nog

As for Shogun and rogeiro? Nothing to complain about here as both guys looked very good physically and shogun just was better tonight. Both of these guys can hang in the top 10/15 no question.

Shogun looked rejuvenated, not only was his movement good and agile, he had good speed and head movement. He fought smarter and with more patience for pretty much 14/15 minuets of this fight. And overall his physique looked better, he was more lean everywhere. It clearly shows the work he put in with kings worked very well as he went a full 15 without any issues and had a solid game plan that worked.

Even Bigfoot looked good in his fight.

kinda bummed about big nog. but ill still tune in to see him fight. all of them have had increadible careers. nothing left to prove. always a big fan of shogun, and the nog bros.

Gadelha, Alcantara, Alves, Vieira, maybe Franca (probably not) and Maia all just had great wins and will likely go on to have big, important wins after tonight. Plus Moraes and Toquinho.

There were tons of Brazilian fighters that proved to still have a lot of gas in the tank.

EDIT vitor miranda too. Shit, it was a good night for Brazil, even with Bethe's faceplant.

Last edited:
Bigfoot looked good. Pretty nimble for a big fella.

Big Nog needs to retire, his fights are becoming predictable and hard to watch. The fact that he's losing to guys like Struve and Roy Nelson says a lot about where he's at in his career. The chins gone and the BJJ ain't as nasty as it used to be.

Shogun still looks slow and kind of unstable but he fought well against Rogerio (who still fights well).

I think you're overstating it a bit TS, but its sad to watch regardless.

For Big Nog to lose to Struve, that's painful.

Pride Nog seems 100 years ago.

This, and Rousey in another squash-match, were the reasons I avoided this card and read the PBP instead.

Stop calling for retirement.

These guys do this for a living. These legends also love the sport. I mean they helped build it.

They're not the same. Sure. But let them go on till they cant do it anymore and get to call it on their own terms.

If they were getting put to sleep multiple times like Liddell I would agree out of health concerns.

But that's not the case here.

Just book them better.

Nog was too weak and short to handle the 7footer. He had mount and Struve just bullied his way out.

Back