UFC 189 test results and Job opportunity for USADA

Jackonflame

Gold Belt
Reaction score

Not sure what the hold up is. UFC 188 test results came back quick and outed Melendez. Then again, the UFC acted as it's own comission for that card.

But hey, maybe you have what it takes to help out. The USADA is hiring for the position of UFC Operations Coordinator.

JOB SUMMARY:

*UFC OPERATIONS COORDINATOR REPORTS TO:

UFC Operations Manager

DIRECT SUPERVISOR OF:

N/A

JOB SUMMARY:

Responsible for assisting and supporting the UFC Operations Division in various administrative tasks such as data entry, athlete notices, travel coordination, and expense reports. A portion of this position is customer service focused and will need to communicate with athletes and athlete support personnel.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Assist in coordinating the UFC anti-doping program roll-out plan, including maintaining spreadsheets, calendars, and other organization tools Provide prompt and superior customer service to UFC athletes and athlete support personnel, including receiving, answering, and documenting calls through Athlete Express Coordinate and schedule testing both domestically and internationally Assist with research and information gathering on the sport of mixed martial arts, UFC athletes, and UFC athlete support personnel Responsible for producing PowerPoints and other presentation materials in support of the UFC Operations team Set up travel arrangements for the Chief Operating Officer, UFC Operations Director, and UFC Operations team Responsible for handling expense reports for the Chief Operating Officer, UFC Operations Director, and UFC Operations team Responsible for various administrative duties to assist and support the Chief Operating Officer, UFC Operations Director, and UFC Operations team. Preparation and coordination of mailings and correspondence to athletes, UFC, and state and international athletic federations Oversee whereabouts updating activities, including assisting with updating athlete whereabouts information Responsible for data entry as necessary Responsible for preparing and compiling reports Assist with scheduling and word processing GENERAL:

Must maintain confidentiality at all times Projects and other duties as assigned REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:

B S / B A degree Excellent oral and written communication skills Ability to work with various levels of management Ability to interact with internal and external customers Ability to multitask and to work accurately under pressure Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail Ability to work in a diverse environment Able to perform in a team environment Able to meet deadlines Ability to work flexible hours as needed Proficiency in MS Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:

Work experience in athletics and sport*

Yeah...whatever

They need to have a real system in place not something like we will get the results within a few months probably

It really makes the whole thing seem a little fishy, especially since it was originally rumored there was a failed test for 189 then all went completely silent

How much does that USADA job pay? How much more can you make off kickbacks from Zuffa?

How much does that USADA job pay? How much more can you make off kickbacks from Zuffa?
I'd imagine its a 65-70k job with travel benefits. Nothing major. The job description doesn't leave me to believe its a heavy public relations job, which would make it closer to a 100k position.

Melendez failed drug test results were released a month after 188.

You need a degree and written communication skills. That eliminates 90% of sherdog. The rest don't pass the oral communication retirement.

So, we haven't heard the Boston card results or the 189 results... Something smells. And it smells like fish.

I'd imagine its a 65-70k job with travel benefits. Nothing major. The job description doesn't leave me to believe its a heavy public relations job, which would make it closer to a 100k position.

But it would put me in a position to affect the outcome of fights right? Like I could alter tests and stir the pot with false positives or by leaking information to the media?

Government job. So 30% more than the private sector equivalent, 50% less work.
I wonder if I would have to live in Nevada for this job, cause that'd be a deal breaker.

But it would put me in a position to affect the outcome of fights right? Like I could alter tests and stir the pot with false positives or by leaking information to the media?

I wonder if I would have to live in Nevada for this job, cause that'd be a deal breaker.
I doubt it. Federal regulations might call for a Scientist or Chemical engineer to walk that puppy under brief case and chain. I have no clue about how the fight game works though.

Back