UFC 182: Hector Lombard vs. Josh Burkman PBP (Discussion)

I think its funny how people were complaining about Burkmans game plan. As if he should just stand and trade with Lombard knowing that's his strength. That would be completely insane of him to fight that way. He was competitive with Lombard in the 1st round, he just needs to improve his conditioning next time.

What was Burkman and Dana talking about after the fight? Looked like Dana was pissed.

Agreed that Rory beats him. It will look like Woodley vs Rory, except that I think Lombard is more dangerous because of his Judo and that he's a southpaw (possibly negating the jab or Rory).

In a 5 round fight I have zero doubt Rory would solve his south paw stance. I also see Rory completely negating his judo and ground game.

Rory is also under estimated for his resilience , in how tough he is to put away. He survived a brutal onslaught vs Lawler, and came back to take control at the end of the fight. As a 20 year old vs Condit, Condit had most of the 3rd round to go to town on him and he took all of it, with the fight only being stopped with less than 10 seconds remaining.

Macdonald continues to mature as a fighter, and I see him having all the answers to handle Lombard.

A bit more skill and cardio on Burkman's part and the fight was his. Wait til Lombard faces guys with some good stand up. MacDonald, Hendricks, Lawler, Condit all beat him with ease.

What was Burkman and Dana talking about after the fight? Looked like Dana was pissed.

Dana is upset because Lombard didn't run through Burkman and knows Lombard probably doesn't want to fight Brown anymore in less than 6 weeks.

Hell fuckin nah you shitting me? This is the fight supposedly nobody wanted and you want the man released? How bout cutting bags of cash hector bomb-ard.

One man came to fight and that sure as hell wasn't Josh "Kalib Starnes" Burkman.

In a 5 round fight I have zero doubt Rory would solve his south paw stance. I also see Rory completely negating his judo and ground game.

Rory is also under estimated for his resilience , in how tough he is to put away. He survived a brutal onslaught vs Lawler, and came back to take control at the end of the fight. As a 20 year old vs Condit, Condit had most of the 3rd round to go to town on him and he took all of it, with the fight only being stopped with less than 10 seconds remaining.

Macdonald continues to mature as a fighter, and I see him having all the answers to handle Lombard.

Yeah he's a big WW, very technical, able to gameplan, good chin, good skills all around, good cardio.
Hector probably won't try and take him down unless he gets desperate anyway so that might not matter. Hector is too passive and Rory will potshot him to death and take a UD.

Did you guys see the damage done to burkman's leg with just 3 to 4 leg kicks?
Insane. Red welts all over.

Haven't seen that even from Barboza with just a Couple of kicks.

You went full retard if you compare that to starnes, and you sure Lombard came to fight or to pick up a check?

Burkman back peddled the entire fight

he wasn't interested in fighting but running

Back