UFC 175: Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida PBP (Discussion)

Weidman got tooled in the championship rounds (and I like the guy). Calling people delusional for pointing it out does not change that fact. Cheers. :cool:
5th round was Weidman's.
Only tool around here is you and other delusional posters like you.
I see you have no actual rebuttal. I'm not surprised by that.

5th round was Weidman's.
Only tool around here is you and other delusional posters like you.
I see you have no actual rebuttal. I'm not surprised by that.

I've made my points quite a few times in this very thread. You're even one of the people that I called out for flaming without actually responding to/disproving them (multiple times, mind you). Now, you're flaming while telling me I have no point? Classic sherdogging, brah. 3/10 for extreme irony

I gave it 48-47 Weidman. I gave rounds 4 and 5 to Machida. But round 5 is debatable, so criticism is welcome.

Overall I was satisfied with the results. I'm a Machida fan so it's sad seeing him lose, but it was a great fight and that pretty much compensated for the sadness. Machida has nothing to be ashamed of. I've never seen Machida in a brawl like that, so that was something new, and that shows that Machida can go for a slug fest if he has to. He didn't do that in any of the other fights that he was losing on points, so that's a good thing.

Seeing how more effective Machida was offensively in the 4th and 5th, as it swayed away from his countering/elusive strategy, makes me wonder the outcome might been different had Machida stuck to that in the first 3 rounds.

Granted, not many guys can batter Machida like that when he is backing away. Weidman did, so this further proves how superb Weidman's standup really is. Definitely one of the best boxing wrestlers currently in my opinion, and probably one of the best currently in takedowns. Very polished fighter he is.

I've made my points quite a few times in this very thread. You're even one of the people that I called out for flaming without actually responding to/disproving them (multiple times, mind you). Now, you're flaming while telling me I have no point? Classic sherdogging, brah. 3/10 for extreme irony
I responded to your points, not my fault you can't follow a thread. Face it, you are wrong.

That was an excellent fight! Machida did very well, great win for Weidman!

I responded to your points, not my fault you can't follow a thread. Face it, you are wrong.

Oh, so you ARE just trying to be ironic? That must be the case, given your last couple replies. Carry on. :wink:

This fight was amazing. It played out like a storybook. I really thought Machida was gonna pull it off towards the end. Good shit. Weidman is legit ladies and gentlemen.

Machida is my favorite fighter, but come on, I hate how he does NOTHING, in the first and sometimes the second. It's a championship fight ffs!

Machida is my favorite fighter, but come on, I hate how he does NOTHING, in the first and sometimes the second. It's a championship fight ffs!

It certainly can cost you a fight if you are too inactive at some rounds

Why is he your favorite fighter if he doesn't give you everything he has, especially when a title is on the line?

Machida has shown the gameplan to beat Weidman - RUN. It appears to wear Weidman out. Maybe should have run for one more round then possibly he could have beat Weidman in the 5th ?
Must be the new version of the rope-a-dope.

Back