UFC 169 main event : the options

SimonNova

Worship and forget
@Steel
Reaction score
so lets see

FLW : nope

BW : Barao vs Cruz for the bw title unification, sounds like a plan, but Cruz still needs to be cleared medically. If he isnt, Barao becoming the real champ and defending the belt vs someone else would not do acceptable ppv rates for the SB event. Im not even sure Barao vs Cruz would sell really well...

FW : Will Aldo be ready by then? Doubtful. Is Lamas a contender that will draw the attention enough for the SB card? Doubt it...

LW : Nope

WW : Nope

MW : Nope

LHW : nope, obviously

HW : Werdum fighting either Cain or JDS makes sense. But what if the winner at UFC 166 suffers some kind of injury that causes a lengthy layoff?

I dont see any non title bout that could headline the superbowl card.

Sounds to me like they could run out of options mighty fast for this card with Jones vs Glover out of the picture now

Discuss.

edit : Forgot about BWW :p, but its not an option neither

MM/Joe B winner vs Dodson if he beats Montague. If Dodson loses, move onto Lineker, provided Lineker makes weight in his next fight.

EDIT: I can dream.

Last edited:
MM/Joe B winner vs Dodson if he beats Montague. If Dodson loses, move onto Lineker, provided Lineker makes weight in his next fight.
I want to see Joe B. Vs Dodson so goddamn bad. Especially a 5 round fight.

If everything goes well, HW title fight + FlW or BW titlefight as co-main.

Tito vs Shamrock IV

Ken owes Dana a paycheck.

46IAqI5.gif

It's not a big deal that Jones vs Glover is off the card, there are much better fights out there and they won't be able to just try to sell the card on Jones, we may get a true Super Bowl weekend card

St. Pierre vs. Maia or Lawler if either wins decisively and is unharmed. Short turn around for Pierre so he'd actually have to finish Hendricks early and take minimal damage.

JDS vs. Nelson if both of them win and aren't too harmed.

Good one

*checks avatar*

oh, you are probably serious....

Would Chael vs Wandy sell any worse than say a title fight below 145? I don't think so.

NOW if we're talking big time main events with ramifications? I think Werdum vs Cain/JDS happens if they get out of unscathed. Otherwise I could see a fast turnaround for Pettis vs Grant.

Cain/Werdum and Barao/Cruz with Reem/Mir.

Thats a good superbowl show.

Doubt it happens though. Timing for Cain/Werdum would work but I really think they want them to do TUF Mexico. Cain is the posterboy for UFC in Mexico and Werdum speaks Spanish. I know fans would hate it and it would keep them out of action but that really couldnt work out any better for the UFC in Mexico.

I already booked my hotel for 169 Jones vs Tex off as headliner is a blow but I didn't see that fight being that competitive anyways I really hope Cruz makes his comeback in time hopefully the UFC puts 2 title fights on this card
*personal main card wish list*
JDS/Cain winner vs Werdum
Cruz vs Bar

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back