Ufc 166 - clash of titans

PowermmA

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In the aftermath of UFC 165 which surprised many in different ways, UFC 166 is fast approaching. Another pretty awesome main card line up with the prelims also with intriguing matchups (and the facebook prelims for that matter).

Which fights are you looking forward to the most? For me, a three rounder between Melendez vs Sanchez is gonna be an absolute war. Lombard vs Marquardt should be fireworks with both men having something to prove and bad blood between DC and Big Country should up the PPV buys just that little bit more.

And the main event, Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos. A true clash of titans. I dont think this will end in decision with both warriors leaving it all in the cage.

What fights are you looking forward to and who do you think will win and how? Do you think any more surprises are in store for us fans after a massive year in mma?

I am really looking forward to DC beating a HW fighter then calling out the LHW champion while saying things he won't back up then not cutting weight for his next fight since it will be at HW again then doing it all over again!

Lol, the man likes his food! It is getting annoying though.

I am really looking forward to DC beating a HW fighter then calling out the LHW champion while saying things he won't back up then not cutting weight for his next fight since it will be at HW again then doing it all over again!

Lol this.

Also, DC isn't getting past the Mir curse.

Pulling for Big Country to win by sub D.C.

Pulling for Nate The Great by k.o.

Pulling for JDS by sub in the 4th ( like both guy`s but I feel JDS winning is better for the HW div. over the next year or two).

Fights I am looking forward to, other that the title fight which pretty much goes without saying:

Roy Nelson - Dying to see how interesting he can make this fight, which granted is a fight he has little real chance of winning

Sotiropoulos vs KJ Noons - An interesting fight because it will be such desperation for both of them, I iamgien whoever lsoes is pretty much done as far as the UFC is concerned

Marquardt vs Lombard - Another fight where it is a must win for both as the loser will pretty much be known as a failure in the UFC. That should make this one very interesting too.

Tim Boetsch - Also a Must win fight for him

Jessica Eye vs Kaufman - Gonna go rogue and add in the WMMA bout - I do want to see if Eye can show that women actually can fight on the level of the UFC's best fighters, since frankly, no WMMA fighter has done so thus far.

Also pulling for Melendez-Gonzaga-Noons-Ferguson-Kaufman

oh & if someone beats Mir, they lose their next fight.

Yeah its a great card. Sucks Rockhold had to drop out though.

Looking forward to most

Cain JDS 3
Melendez Sanchez
DC Big Country
Nate Lombard

I too am pumped for this card. Should be good.

whats the mir curse?

Something like everyone who beats Mir lose their next fight or eventually lose or something. JDS, Carwin, Vera, Cruz, and Freeman all lost right after they beat Mir. Brock got a beating from Carwin then lost to Cain.

Hopefully the Barbarian will put a beating on CB.

Something like everyone who beats Mir lose their next fight or eventually lose or something. JDS, Carwin, Vera, Cruz, and Freeman all lost right after they beat Mir. Brock got a beating from Carwin then lost to Cain.

ahhh k. hopefully the curse lives on cause ill be rooting for nelson in the fight!

Yeah its a great card. Sucks Rockhold had to drop out though.

Looking forward to most

Cain JDS 3
Melendez Sanchez
DC Big Country
Nate Lombard

This not being on the main card is a travesty. It's not even in the top slot of the prelim card. This fight is better than Gonzaga/Jordan and the flyweight fight. Guess Lombard is not getting that PPV point, not like he deserves it though.

aside from the major stuff:

Kyoji Horihuchi is the first fight of the night. 11-1 22 japanese shooto bw champ, aggressive striker with fairly good tdd (unproven i guess). only one loss by md to ueda, a damn good fighter outside the ufc. cant wait

Charles Oliveira is facing an unknown inexperienced fighter, so hopefully we see can see oliveira use some of his flashy techniques.

Amagov vs Waldburger is an awesome striker vs grappler matchup. amagov flashy striker and sambo guy vs a solid (imo underrated pure grappler).

and Dodson vs Montague.. love the guys that go out there and put on a show. i think we will see one here.

Back