International [U.S COVID Vaccine News] CDC to Lift COVID-19 Testing Requirement for international Travelers

Moderna announces 25 million doses for Australia,
in 'active talks' about locally produce mRNA vaccines

By Paul Johnson and staff | May 11, 2021

26017cd651fa2d58ac23b326f1ba4c5a

Pharmaceutical company Moderna has done a deal with the Australian government to provide 25 million doses of its COVID-19 vaccine to the nation.

Health Minister Greg Hunt on Thursday morning confirmed the deal, which he said would see 1 million doses arrive by September and 9 million doses by December.

He also announced the government was about to begin discussions with the private sector to produce mRNA vaccines, like Pfizer and Moderna's, in Australia.

Currently, Australia has no local manufacturing capabilities and needs to import mRNA vaccines.

The Moderna announcement came in a Wednesday evening media statement without any adjoining statement from the federal government, which has recently been under fire over Australia's vaccine rollout.

Moderna said it would provide 25 million doses of their mRNA vaccine, with 10 million of those doses, effective against what they labelled the "ancestral strain" of COVID-19, to arrive in 2021. The remaining 15 million doses would arrive in 2022.

Moderna said it would submit an application "shortly" for regulatory approval from Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).

If that is successful then Moderna would join both AstraZeneca and Pfizer as vaccines approved for use for Australians.

Mr Hunt said the Moderna vaccine had been approved for use in the United Kingdom, Canada, European Union, United States and Singapore.

He said the deal with Moderna would include updated variant boosters in 2022.

Australia also has a deal in place with Novavax, whose vaccine is in the trial phase.

Moderna said it would discuss the notion of producing the vaccine locally with the Australian government.

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100135726

The US seems to stuck in the 40’s of fully vaccinated. Is there reluctance to get vaccinated there? We still have low amount of fully vaccinated people in Canada, I’m hoping we get to over 60% at some point.
Yes. It's ridiculous, but we have dozens of counties (possibly in the hundreds now) where the supply of vaccine doses is going untapped because it exceeds demand even though many remain unvaccinated.

Americans are so stupid.

Do you ever get tired of being fucking scared all the time over these horrible made up scenarios in your head that never play out? We spent most of this pandemic with a higher daily death per capita than India, and we are barely any lower than them even now. We had numbers like India just three months ago, and I was still living my life just fine.

5rdwmLm.png
Fancy that! Hey, that's weird. I notice the charts plot opposite courses around March. I think I noticed a pattern. Let's zoom in on the right side of your chart, starting January 14, a few months prior to this mysterious inversion, and juxtapose it to one more chart below that...

full

full

macgruber-gif-3.gif

giphy.gif

Correction, American leadership is stupid.

For example, they have given pharmaceutical companies freedom from liability for their brand new products, and this is despite the fact that some of these companies have been found guilty of scientific fraud and illegal and unethical behaviors (up to and including skewing trial results and harming children).

Our government’s mishandling of the pandemic in general also doesn’t inspire much confidence, and avoiding their directives actually makes sense. I’m not sure why you heap criticism on the people, other than the fact that you are narrow minded pharma bro.
The vaccines are safe, get over it.

Correction, American leadership is stupid.

For example, they have given pharmaceutical companies freedom from liability for their brand new products, and this is despite the fact that some of these companies have been found guilty of scientific fraud and illegal and unethical behaviors (up to and including skewing trial results and harming children).

Our government’s mishandling of the pandemic in general also doesn’t inspire much confidence, and avoiding their directives actually makes sense. I’m not sure why you heap criticism on the people, other than the fact that you are narrow minded pharma bro.

Even though Pfizer's track record with safety is abysmal, at least they have a record. Remember, BioNtech (who make the Pfizer) and Moderna, have NEVER taken a single other drug to market. They are asking me to inject myself with a drug that has not passed clinical trials, developed by a company that has never successfully developed a drug before.

Fancy that! Hey, that's weird. I notice the charts plot opposite courses around March. I think I noticed a pattern. Let's zoom in on the right side of your chart, starting January 14, a few months prior to this mysterious inversion, and juxtapose it to one more chart below that...

full

full

macgruber-gif-3.gif

giphy.gif

Your images aren't showing for me.

Our government’s mishandling of the pandemic in general also doesn’t inspire much confidence, and avoiding their directives actually makes sense.

No argument that the US government badly mishandled this early on, but as to your second assertion, is that in regards to a specific “directive”? Or a set of directives, perhaps grouped in time (ie the directives of this administration or that administration)? Or is it encompassing of any and all “directives” in regards to Covid regardless of specific source, as long as it is governmental in general?

All of this so called data means nothing. I don't expect the people pushing the vaccine to be honest with the data. Their MO is to get people to take the vaccine at any cost, not to have people privy to all the factual information and make an informed decision. They have an enormous conflict of interest, and that calls into question everything that is being asserted.

Yes. It's ridiculous, but we have dozens of counties (possibly in the hundreds now) where the supply of vaccine doses is going untapped because it exceeds demand even though many remain unvaccinated.

Americans are so stupid.
Hoping you guys can get up above 60%. We are still stuck on getting as many people one dose now. Waiting for enough for two dose.

Not vaccine related, but didn’t want to make a new thread, so more just putting it her for the US covid news

Long hauler covid symptom sufferers tend to be young with no pre-existing conditions. Study from Mayo Clinic.

https://www.postbulletin.com/newsmd...G9K4OPodRAFEqe1edszdg3p_KUbWNGnFrwWVjkv2u3sEw

For people on the fence about the vaccine when not 65+ or with other major health risks, I’d just like to again remind people that the long term side effects of catching covid even as a healthy person are unknown as well.

I guess people with comorbidies would just have died if they got a very nasty Covid

full

full

macgruber-gif-3.gif

giphy.gif

Those gifs, those facial expressions is how I imagined most of shitposters here in the war room.

This thread is really triggering hard the most.

Yeah, totally. Its a big conspiracy so I can duck your devastating post.
C14Yu1R.png
Perhaps your cards restrict your ability to see pics. Don't worry, I moved them to one of my albums open to the "Public", not "Members".

It's very simple. Check WorldinData (the same source you quoted). Compare India & USA COVID rates per capita versus the vaccination rates. We vaccinated heavily starting in January, they didn't. Their cases skyrocketed, ours plummeted.

Perhaps your cards restrict your ability to see pics. Don't worry, I moved them to one of my albums open to the "Public", not "Members".

It's very simple. Check WorldinData (the same source you quoted). Compare India & USA COVID rates per capita versus the vaccination rates. We vaccinated heavily starting in January, they didn't. Their cases skyrocketed, ours plummeted.

I have never once said vaccines don't work. The guy I was responding to was using India as an example of some nightmare example that the US must avoid at all costs. I pointed out that we have had far higher deaths per capita than India is experiencing right now for most of the pandemic.

I have never once said vaccines don't work. The guy I was responding to was using India as an example of some nightmare example that the US must avoid at all costs. I pointed out that we have had far higher deaths per capita than India is experiencing right now for most of the pandemic.
They aren't counting most deaths as COVID deaths because they didn't confirm them in the first place.

India's cumulative tests per capita stand at worse than 1/6th the penetration of the USA's. They aren't nearly as equipped to track their own deaths, similar to African or Middle Eastern nations which have underreported their deaths at various stages, if not throughout the pandemic, because of a less robust healthcare system. They are similarly less prepared to deal with a surge of infections. That's when the deaths are officially counted at all:
In the western state of Gujarat, local media tracked 689 bodies that were cremated or buried under COVID-19 protocols in one day in mid-April. But just over a 10th of those deaths made it to the government's tally: The official death toll that day was 78. Such discrepancies are being reported in several states.

This is also happening post-vaccine, and while the rest of the world is on a downturn...because they aren't locking down. Disregarding lockdown results in disaster. Look at Sweden. This is a nation that is equipped to count. Their rate of confirmed cases per capita just barely missed matching our own. Presently, they are reporting 4x as many as we are.

Cumulatively, their deaths per capita are 10x their neighbors (Finland and Denmark). Why? They didn't lockdown.

Back