Tyson Fury - Unbeaten, or part of the problem with boxing?

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
So quite a few years ago now, when a barely recognisable Fury was a novice, he fought a guy called John McDermott.

Nearly everyone with eyes thought McDermott won the fight, with Fury's corner telling him he needed to win big as he was losing the fight going into the last round.

He didnt win the last round big, and as it was a small time fight, only the ref scored the fight.

The ref decided that Fury won the fight with a score of 98-92, which left nearly everyone who watched the fight bemused.....kind of....

It turns out that the ref who scored the fight, was no other than Terry O'Connor, which means nothing to most people, but it does mean something to John McDermott, who's father Stanley had beaten O'Connor in a bout 20 years previously, forcing a TKO stoppage.

Watch the fight and let me know if you think Fury should still have 0 losses.

I think I saw Terry retired a few weeks back.

A true stalwart who always knew which side of his bread was buttered.

Was a defo dodgy dec at the time, remember watching McDermott interviewed after the fight and feeling genuinely sorry for him, Fury made no it clear in the rematch though.

Yeah, this fight of his is the problem with boxing. Not the absolute robbery of a W against Wilder.

Fuck off.

Yeah, this fight of his is the problem with boxing. Not the absolute robbery of a W against Wilder.

Fuck off.
So you only care when its Fury on the wrong side of the decision?

I doubt the loser agrees.

In a big fight there are a hell of a lot more losers losing a hell of a lot more. How much $$ do you think was riding on McDermott to win by decision compared to wilder/fury?

Back