• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Tyrone Spong, MMA or Glory?

Dutchman101

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Tyrone Spong just won of Nathan Corbett in Glory.
I'm curious what his next fight will be. Will go his 3rd fight in MMA or would he stay at kickboxing for the time?
Any thoughts about this?
I personally hope he goes for another fight for WSOF. I'm curious how he would perform against a grappler.

I think he'll continue with KB for a while longer, last thing he wants is to get wrestle fucked by someone half decent in MMA. As good as he is, and imo he'll be a threat to any one at LHW with his striking, he'll get submitted or tko'd by most good grapplers.

He said he wants to be the "Bo Jackson of Combat Sports" which means he isn't going to stick to just one thing. He'll continue with Kickboxing, take a few MMA fights and he plans on making a pro boxing debut soon as well.

As a fan, I wish he could dedicate himself completely to MMA so we could see how well he would do. He has killer striking and all the physical tools to be dominant. Guess we'll never get to see that though. He makes alot more money doing all 3.

He mentioned on Glory his next fight would be in boxing, before the end of the year.

he is good at kickboxing. so that is where I am interested in watching him.

Wherever spong fights is good for me. I prefer kickboxing over boxing iust cause hebhas never shown good enough boxing for the high level and I don't want to see him fight bums.

He should go after a prospect that's beginning his pro career, just get right into it and see what he offers

Didn't he say he was going into boxing next? Don't know if he meant KB... but I assumed he was going to focus on straight-up boxing.

Ya at Glory he said his next fight will be in boxing. I want him in MMA tbh, even though I was surprised he wasn't able to finish Deanda.

He said he wants to be the "Bo Jackson of Combat Sports" which means he isn't going to stick to just one thing. He'll continue with Kickboxing, take a few MMA fights and he plans on making a pro boxing debut soon as well.

As a fan, I wish he could dedicate himself completely to MMA so we could see how well he would do. He has killer striking and all the physical tools to be dominant. Guess we'll never get to see that though. He makes alot more money doing all 3.

I agree. I would love to see him make a run in the UFC.

There would be no run, he'd get beat easily. He has only fought chumps and even then I thought he's looked dodgy as of late.

As others have stated he wants to get into boxing next. It'll be great to see him dabble a bit more in mma though.

I read it as well indeed, he spoke about a career in pro boxing.
Also i read once on the internet, he's interested in the UFC if they offer him a good contract, what mean a lot of money of course.
For the UFC he isn't ready i think, he needs more fights in the WSOF for experience.
But yes some people said, he shows up the best in Kickboxing, that the best way to see him, that's afact for now.
But still i'm hoping for a further MMA career for him.

He'll probably do all three. Next year another fight at WSOF like in 2012 and 2013 and this year he'll do a boxing match. But i see him, Saki and Petrosyan as the most popular guys/icons for Glory to promote this sport in the States and the rest of the world. I think with that he could make a lot of money. I would find it dumb to sacrifice that for the UFC where he has to start over and make a name for himself. And UFC doesn't let their fighters fight in other promotions like WSOF. So kickboxing should be his main 'thing'.

i have no idea why would he go to Boxing? There's no much money in Cruiserweight(Wlodarczyk talked about giving up his belt here) and i don't think it will take like 20 straight wins to even get money fight here....

Glory is on SPIKE right now , and he just won LHW torunament right? it was 200k prize, he should stick to Glory and take some fights in MMA, of course biggest money avalible for Spong is UFC IMO. but only with that BELT.

i have no idea why would he go to Boxing? There's no much money in Cruiserweight(Wlodarczyk talked about giving up his belt here) and i don't think it will take like 20 straight wins to even get money fight here....

Glory is on SPIKE right now , and he just won LHW torunament right? it was 200k prize, he should stick to Glory and take some fights in MMA, of course biggest money avalible for Spong is UFC IMO. but only with that BELT.

He is going to do it all. Their seems to be a little misunderstanding here. It's not or.. or. He is going to stick with Glory and combine it with Boxing and MMA.

Back