Tyron woodley replaces injured erick silva, faces jay hieron at ufc 156

CheyMongaloid**

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/tyron-woodley-replaced-injured-erick-silva-faces-jay-hieron-at-ufc-156

Onetime Strikeforce title challenger Tyron Woodley (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) makes his octagon debut at UFC 156, where he meets Jay Hieron (23-6 MMA, 0-3 UFC).

UFC officials today announced Woodley replaces an injured Erick Silva (14-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) on the card.

Featuring a featherweight title fight between current champ Jose Aldo and former lightweight title holder Frankie Edgar, UFC 156 takes place Feb. 2 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view. It's unknown where the Hieron vs. Woodley bout falls on the evening's card.

Woodley makes his UFC debut in hopes of rebounding from a loss to Nate Marquardt in a July 2012 bid for Strikeforce's then-vacant 170-pound title. The loss snapped a 10-fight win streak for the American Top Team-trained "T-Wood," who finished his Strikeforce run with an 8-1 record in the promotion.

Hieron still seeks his first-ever UFC win. After two losses early in his career, Hieron fought for numerous promotions before making his way back to the octagon at October's UFC on FX 5 event, where he lost a close decision to Jake Ellenberger. Despite the loss, "The Thoroughbred" is still 11-2 in his past 13 appearances.

Meanwhile, Silva had looked to rebound from a disappointing loss to perennial top contender Jon Fitch at this past October's UFC 153 event. Prior to the decision loss, Silva had impressed with stoppage win of Charlie Brenneman and Luis Ramos sandwiched around a controversial disqualification loss to Carlo Prater.

I'm selfishly happy Hieron and Silva aren't fighting anymore. Hieron wins this easy. If Askren struggled to wrestle, I don't see how Woodley doesn't struggle to wrestle.

now who is silva going to fight? maia if he loses to fitch?

I like this fight. I think Hieron finally gets his W in the UFC

yuk, if jay was annoyed by askrens fighting style, hes gonna be livid when woodley makes his bed on hieron's lap and tucks in for 25 minutes

Great fight I have to drop a load sometime during the PPV and its always hard to find time. I'll have at least 20 minutes now!!! Thanks Dana!!!

Meh. I'm sure I'll end up watching, but it just might be my intermission.

I'm selfishly happy Hieron and Silva aren't fighting anymore. Hieron wins this easy. If Askren struggled to wrestle, I don't see how Woodley doesn't struggle to wrestle.

Hieron has choked in every UFC he has ever fought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back