Social Twitter's fact checker had to correct a "fact" that they corrected in a Trump tweet

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Twitter wants to fact Trump.

But who will fact check Twitter? Twitter has already retracted a "correction" of Trump.

The incompetence levels everywhere is reach maximum.

I'm not for fact checking Trump and it's not because I'm a fan. I think Trump is a Jerry Smith, but fact checking is a slippery slope of censorship.

First the censors come for people you don't like then they come for you.

Has any of these clowns read 1984?

Last edited:
Twitter starts fact checking just in time for the election!!

Just like right before the election libs no longer believe in #BelieveAllWomen.

Sounds like Twitter should sue whoever fact-checked their fact check. According to Trump, that is...

You didn't really think this through very well, did you?

Hint, it's okay to fact-check fact checks.

How dare Twitter censor the CCP !!

Twitter applies another fact check—this time to China spokesman’s tweets about virus origins

Twitter has applied a fact check tag to at least two posts by China Foreign Ministry Spokesman Zhao Lijian, both of which advanced questions about whether the COVID-19 virus began in the U.S. rather than China.

https://fortune.com/2020/05/28/twitter-fact-check-zhao-lijian-coronavirus-origin/

Sounds like Twitter should sue whoever fact-checked their fact check. According to Trump, that is...

The Washington Post corrected twitter.

Who_Watches_the_Watchmen.jpg

Updated.
Lies, damned lies, and statistics and fact checkers.

The fact check tag is just censorship and they were wrong in their fact checking.

Do we really want to go down that path?
Yes, it's okay to fact-check people, and it's okay to correct fact-checking mistakes. If you think that's censorship, you need to go to the hospital.

Yes, it's okay to fact-check people, and it's okay to correct fact-checking mistakes. If you think that's censorship, you need to go to the hospital.
Yes it's censorship.

I think I'm seeing why you have the doubles.

Yes it's censorship.

I think I'm seeing why you have the doubles.
That makes even less sense than your hysterical claims already itt. Like I said, you need to go to the hospital, and they will give you medicine for your brain. Fact-checking is fact-checking. It's okay to check facts. It's even okay to make errors when checking facts, and it's even biglier okay to correct errors of fact-checkers. In fact, lots of arguments here play out that way, with claims made and facts checked. That isn't censoring each other. It isn't remotely like censorship, much less government censorship. Government censorship (the thing the first amendment protects us from) is what Trump is trying to do to Twitter.

That makes even less sense than your hysterical claims already itt. Like I said, you need to go to the hospital, and they will give you medicine for your brain. Fact-checking is fact-checking. It's okay to check facts. It's even okay to make errors when checking facts, and it's even biglier okay to correct errors of fact-checkers. In fact, lots of arguments here play out that way, with claims made and facts checked. That isn't censoring each other. It isn't remotely like censorship, much less government censorship. Government censorship (the thing the first amendment protects us from) is what Trump is trying to do to Twitter.
I can't help you if you don't see the censorship.

I can't help you if you don't see the censorship.
You can't make your case, and you're so flustered that you can't challenge mine. In order to do that, you'd have to make a hysterically convoluted argument about Twitter being the government by some strange emotional tic-tac-toe.

You said that all Latinos deserve to be shot. If I am wrong madmick can correct me in a great beyond thread in two weeks.

Oh here we go down the rabbit hole of truth and truth guardianship. Who is to say what is true or not? Is there even such a thing as Truth? Congrats, this is an exercise in epistemology.

Twitter has been very reserved in its pressures toward fact checking Trump. Why did they decide to do it now? Probably outside pressure from the general public regarding the need for social media platforms to be held accountable for posting lies that affect public opinion. I highly doubt it's because the CEO has its own conspiratorial agenda.

The real tragedy is the public's complacency towards accepting Trump's lies and accepting them as normal. "Oh there goes Trumpy on another one of his rants!" The fact is he provided a statement with no scientific or factual basis to support it. Calling him out on it is the responsible thing to do. Even Trumpets aren't defending his statement and instead are trying to turn this into a grander issue. The guy turned his lie into a debate about free speech and he's going to get away with it. When are you Trumpets going to admit the man can't tell the truth to save his life ?

Twitter wants to fact Trump.

But who will fact check Twitter? Twitter has already retracted a "correction" of Trump.

The incompetence levels everywhere is reach maximum.

I'm not for fact checking Trump and it's not because I'm a fan. I think Trump is a Jerry Smith, but fact checking is a slippery slope of censorship.

First the censors come for people you don't like then they come for you.

Has any of these clowns read 1984?

Of course they did. Their fact checker is some soyboy in a safe space or angry LGBT woman. Their "facts" are their emotions.

Back