Twins Special 14oz Gloves Review

M

mackz

Aight here's another quick review on my Twins Special gloves.

I've used these gloves for around 2 months now. They've been used in hard sparring, heavy bag, pad work etcetc. Now I thought that these gloves were in a sense 'real' but I think they're fake.

Some things that I've noticed

• The glove padding is soft
  • There are already signs of wrinkles on the glove

Now, I have nothing to compare my gloves to when it comes to figuring out whether or not it's fake. But, when I compare my gloves to my most recent purchase (Warrior One 16oz All Leather gloves) the Twins definitely feel too soft..almost foam like. They're great for sparing since they aren't rock hard.

With that said, I'm not too worried since it was only $50 from a local MMA store. Regardless, they still do the job. I know some of you own Twin Gloves and i'd appreciate it if you would chime in your own reviews in this thread. My gloves include everything that I've seen on other twin gloves which are the little emblem "HAND MADE TWINS SPECIAL FIRST QUALITY 2006 GENUINE LEATHER THAILAND". The Twins logo on the wrist and the logo on the gloves.

I've seen a picture of these gloves on another thread which have the Gripbar for the 16oz...mine doesn't include the grip bar and someone mentioned how most Muay Thai gloves don't have the Grip Bar....if thats the case, why do the 16oz gloves have it?

This is what i'm talking about:

HPIM0371.jpg

Anyways.. for what it's worth.. you're bound to have some gear that may seem a bit faulty..this doesn't really bother me..but I guess I should've done more research.

I know this post was a little bit messy and I apologize for any confusion.

Those are my gloves the white pair I just got them they were made in 2008. Maybe the new models have the grip bar? or maybe the 16oz and up gloves have them. The thread I posted in said they look legit. Now I am thrown for a loop.

Those are my gloves the white pair I just got them they were made in 2008. Maybe the new models have the grip bar? or maybe the 16oz and up gloves have them. The thread I posted in said they look legit. Now I am thrown for a loop.

Yeh my gloves were made in 2006 ..

I have a white pair of twins 16oz made in 2006 and they dont have a grip bar either.

I bought my pair of Twins FBGV-12-BK/GD-12oz from Muay Thai Fighting -
EB-twins-gloves-tyson-pattern-fbgv-12-1.jpg
more they are of good quality and I enjoy using them.

Aight here's another quick review on my Twins Special gloves.

I've used these gloves for around 2 months now. They've been used in hard sparring, heavy bag, pad work etcetc. Now I thought that these gloves were in a sense 'real' but I think they're fake.

Some things that I've noticed

• The glove padding is soft
  • There are already signs of wrinkles on the glove

Now, I have nothing to compare my gloves to when it comes to figuring out whether or not it's fake. But, when I compare my gloves to my most recent purchase (Warrior One 16oz All Leather gloves) the Twins definitely feel too soft..almost foam like. They're great for sparing since they aren't rock hard.

With that said, I'm not too worried since it was only $50 from a local MMA store. Regardless, they still do the job. I know some of you own Twin Gloves and i'd appreciate it if you would chime in your own reviews in this thread. My gloves include everything that I've seen on other twin gloves which are the little emblem "HAND MADE TWINS SPECIAL FIRST QUALITY 2006 GENUINE LEATHER THAILAND". The Twins logo on the wrist and the logo on the gloves.

I've seen a picture of these gloves on another thread which have the Gripbar for the 16oz...mine doesn't include the grip bar and someone mentioned how most Muay Thai gloves don't have the Grip Bar....if thats the case, why do the 16oz gloves have it?

This is what i'm talking about:

HPIM0371.jpg

Anyways.. for what it's worth.. you're bound to have some gear that may seem a bit faulty..this doesn't really bother me..but I guess I should've done more research.

I know this post was a little bit messy and I apologize for any confusion.

might be fake

well, I have a pair, made in 07. have a grip bar, a few wrinkles, but considering I have used them 6 out of 7 days a week for the past year it evens out. personally, I love mine. got the black/white tribal, they are wonderful.

I just got 16oz Twins and they have the damn grip bar in them. The guys I bought them from said they al have them now. My hand barely fits in them so I may sell them to someone else and order a new set of Fairtex or KO or something.

Mackz:
Did you get yours from Bushido's?

^ Yeah. Bushido sucks balls... definitely overpriced.

I use my Twins for sparring.

I plan to get some Cleto Reyes gloves.. 16oz

^ Yeah. Bushido sucks balls... definitely overpriced.

I use my Twins for sparring.

I plan to get some Cleto Reyes gloves.. 16oz

Oh ya? Those good for Thaiboxing?

Also:
I'm not too worried since it was only $50 from a local MMA store.

You only paid $50 from Bushido? Or was it somewhere else?

^ No, the cleto reyes are good for boxing.

Bushido..but i think they hiked up the price to $60~$70.

Yep, even more actually. I get the club discount and I paid that much. Probably about $80 retail I bet now.

I picked up a pair the other day good leather, quality construction but for me the padding seemed a bit thin. without wraps mind you i couldn't punch a heavy bag more then 2-3 times before my knuckles started to hurt.

i'm going to rip them apart shortly and see what kind of padding is in there shame i have to put the knife to such a nice looking pair of gloves but what can i say.

i got a pair of 16oz which was made in 2007 and dont have a grip bar..do new ones have it now?

EDIT Quad post

sherdog bottlenecked or something.

Back