International Twin suicide bombings outside / inside 2 mosques in Pakistan claims 57 lives

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- Suicide bombers attacked civilians gathered outside 2 mosques in Pakistan. 7 of the dead were children.
- The people were there to celebrate the birthday of the prophet Muhammed.
- 1st, and the deadliest bombing, happened in Balochistan . 2nd one in Kyber Pakhtunkhwa killed 5 people at a mosque.
- No group has claimed responsibility
- The first bombing targeted members of the Barelvi Sunni sect, a hardline sect, but not as hardline as Salafists

---
Likely done by ISIS-K.

ISIS - a Salafist / Wahhabist ideology - considers everyone else as not real Muslims. Some hardline Muslims consider acts like celebrating the birthday of the prophet Muhammed to be unislamic.

The Barelvi sect (a Sunni sect that arose in South Asia) are often at the forefront opposing any attempts to change or do away with Pakistan's blasphemy law, which is often used to settle personal beefs and attack minorities. So it is ironic that another hardline Sunni sect sees Barelvi as engaging in unislamic practices.

--

The gathering, in which people were carrying flags and banners, was at a mosque belonging to the Barelvi sect, generally considered more moderate than hardline Islamic sects such as Salafism.

Some hardline sects consider veneration of the Prophet Mohammad as heresy.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...ls-13-more-than-50-injured-police-2023-09-29/

--

https://apnews.com/article/pakistan...cide-bombing-f9e2c31981325806a5cfbe6320f0caa4

--
We attend the Eid Milad ul-Nabi celebrations every year to show love for our prophet. But the people who attacked innocent people on this sacred day aren’t Muslims,” Zahoor said. He said he was praying to God to accept the martyrdom of his brothers.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/...et-a-pakistani-city-crushed-by-a-suicide-bomb

Last edited:
Likely done by ISIS-K.
Yeah, there is just no way in hell that this could have been done by their enemies who are quite powerful and can have the media tell the story which they, themselves choose as a narrative.

Yeah, there is just no way in hell that this could have been done by their enemies who are quite powerful and can have the media tell the story which they, themselves choose as a narrative.
I am not sure I follow. Are you saying ISIS-K did not do it?

No one knows for sure who did it, as it is far too early to tell. The leading suspect is ISIS-K, cause this is totally the kind of thing they do.

They'll get their comeuppance one day when ISIS-L suicide bombs them for not being hardcore enough.

Balochistan are trying to gtfo of Pakistan. Are these not separatists?

they are religious

how so? if I took a dump on your doorstep & claimed that I did so in the name of Jesus Christ, would you then say that I, too, am religious?

That sucks rip the victims from those cowards . Whoever did it , if it was ISIS-K declare war and take on east and willing military ..religious pussys

Balochistan are trying to gtfo of Pakistan. Are these not separatists?
Yeah there is a separatist movement there and a low level insurgency, but extremely unlikely they are involved with these suicide bombings. Baloch insurgents usually target government entities or gov. backed entities. They are nationalists, not Jihadis like ISIS, obsessed with who is a true Muslim and who isn't.

Well.

Better there than here, but best not at all.
Not Muslim enough??? wtaf.

Pakistan is going downhill since the CIA-backed coup d'état to remove Imran Khan's administration.

Rest in peace victims

Our meddling in the region for decades hasn't helped this situation

how so? if I took a dump on your doorstep & claimed that I did so in the name of Jesus Christ, would you then say that I, too, am religious?

if you took a dump on my doorstep & claimed that you did so in the name of Jesus Christ, I wouldn't then say you aren't religious

0d8

if you took a dump on my doorstep & claimed that you did so in the name of Jesus Christ, I wouldn't then say you aren't religious

0d8

not at all. you're missing my point.

these terrorists responsible for the suicide bombings did so in the name of Islam.

can you explain to me how that is 'being religious'?

you're missing my point.

clearly

is the next part after i say something to the effect of "it is reasonable to assume that a person committing acts in representation of a religious prophet is a believer of that religion" you saying something like "they could have been non-religious and just saying that"

or instead is it "if they aren't following the teachings of the religion then they aren't really religious"

Back