• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BROOKLYN NINE-NINE is back! And the first episode was hilarious. Funniest episode of B99 in a while.

Gina is still alive (not really a spoiler) and her first scene of trying to dance was hysterical.
Shame that she didn't die. She's such an annoying narcissist.

Shame that she didn't die. She's such an annoying narcissist.
There are times I still hate Gina. But over the years I've grown to tolerate her and find her funny in a few episodes.

iZombie was also good. Clive's neighbor scenes were touching, and the interplay between Major and Liv were hilarious. I realize that it's a bit of a campy dramedy, but McIver's acting range from episode to episode has been fucking fantastic. It's not quite Tatiana Maslany level (who literally changes tics, mannerisms, accents, intonations, etc..) but it's still notable.
Major in teenage girl mode was hilarious and the best part of the episode.

I'm guessing the head zombie woman ordered Wally and family killed.

Latest episode of THE EXPANSE was great.

Loved the whole segment about the people in Ganymede trying to get on board the last ship. Great emotional moment when most of them sacrificed themselves to stay.

I'm also loving the whole pairing and interaction of Chrisjen, Draper and Cotyar. I want to see more of these three.

The Sadavir twist surprised me. Thought he was going to suicide. Didn't expect that he would do that. Loved it.

I was late to the party with this episode. I saw you guys raving about it and while watching it I was a bit disappointed until all of a sudden I wasn't.

Awesome episode.

The only reason I still watch is to marvel at Maslany's acting range. She really is a damn good actress.

I haven't given a shit about the plot since the first season, nor do I know what it actually is...

I'm not surprised.

I loved the show but the second season kind of jumped the shark.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but it got too sexy in S2 and strayed too far fro
The hospital drama and historical context. Also, it had nowhere to go after your lead kills himself in the finale. It was such a great concept. Last hurrah for Clive, too, methinks. Dude hasn't had a good run of late.

In honor of Charlie Murphy I am rewatching all of Chappelle Show and it is glorious

Just caught the season ten premier of Doctor Who.

I truly love this insane show.

Bill, the new companion, is awesome.

She says so much with just her facial expressions, she totally stole the premier.

"You have to forget about that."
"Don't see how I can."
"I do."
"What's up?"
"I just want to fix something."
"Whoa, what are you doing?"
"Don't worry, this won't hurt at all."
"No, but tell me."
"Nothing."
"Yeah, 'cause I think you're gonna wipe my memory. I'm not stupid, y'know. That's the trouble with you, you don't think anyone's ever seen a movie. I KNOW WHAT A MIND WIPE LOOKS LIKE."
"I have no choice, I'm here for a reason. I'm in disguise. I have promises to keep. No one can know about me."
"This is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me. In my life. The only exciting thing..."
"I'm sorry."
"OK, let me remember just for week. Just a week. OK, well just for tonight. Just one night. Come on, let me have some good dreams for once.

Doc%20WHo%20-%20Bill%20-%2002.gif

OK, do what you gotta do. But imagine, just imagine how it would feel if someone did this to you."

Doc%20WHo%20-%20Bill%20-%2003.gif

Doc%20WHo%20-%20Bill%20-%2001.gif

p04ywvjx.jpg

Caught the first two episodes of The Son. I wasn't in a hurry because I heard it was mediocre, but I really enjoyed what I've seen, and think Brosnan is MUCH better in it than the critics are saying.

Definitely worth checking out... And it features an excellent actor from Fargo season two.

The premier of DW was great. I love Bill too.

There really isn't much more to add lol.

The premier of DW was great. I love Bill too.

There really isn't much more to add lol.

There's noise from some feminists saying she was just added as a gay woman to titillate the male viewers.

I think that's nonsense; she's a fantastic character, and nothing about her sexuality was cheap or tawdry. I mean, she's foxy as hell, but I didn't think so because she's gay. I hope to see her in more things when she's done with Who.

pearl-mackie-mad-wrld-15-reh-96-cropped-letterboxd.jpg

There's noise from some feminists saying she was just added as a gay woman to titillate the male viewers.

I think that's nonsense; she's a fantastic character, and nothing about her sexuality was cheap or tawdry. I mean, she's foxy as hell, but I didn't think so because she's gay. I hope to see her in more things when she's done with Who.

pearl-mackie-mad-wrld-15-reh-96-cropped-letterboxd.jpg
OR... she could simply be a gay woman who happens to be clever enough for The Doctor to take interest in her.

Does anyone here watch the HBO leftovers if so what do guys expect for the last season about to watch the first episode

Billions and Last Kingdom are phenomenal tv. I'm loving the story and acting in both of them.

Trailer for the Final Season of BLOODLINE on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back